My Olympus and Om systems bird photos and maybe a few with my Canon system

If you think the weather is too bad to sunbathe there, you should come north of the border. We have some of the best beaches in the world, but they are mainly empty due to the climate. White sand and turquoise water don’t seem to tempt the tourists and long may it stay that way
Love your beaches. My local beach (which is not nearly so beautiful), featured in some daily papers and now it is never empty :( In the winter at least, we used to have it to ourselves, but not anymore.

I remember swimming in Gairloch and being amazed how warm the water was.

Love your beaches. My local beach (which is not nearly so beautiful), featured in some daily papers and now it is never empty :( In the winter at least, we used to have it to ourselves, but not anymore.

I remember swimming in Gairloch and being amazed how warm the water was.
The Gulf Stream keeps the water warmer on the west coast. It is more the air temperature and howling winds that keep the beaches uncrowded.

Nature can be cruel at times. I do question every time I photograph one of these events happening should I really be taking photographs of birds or animals suffering. The reality of it is the gull has to feed its own young and guarantee the survival of it's own species.
But I still can honestly say I feel torn by it.PSX_20240102_202400.jpg

Back