My Olympus and Om systems bird photos and maybe a few with my Canon system

Great low level shot... Sanderling?
Thanks
I believe so my small wader ID leaves something to be desired
I was actually lay on the beach a favourite trick with me is to identify when low tide is mooch around till I find some waders. Then walk down the beach with a waterproof roll up to keep me dry normally get about 25 metres away and let the sea bring them to me. Works about 90% of the time they sometimes get within 6-10 feet. It works because you haven't moved bit like a kingfisher landing on the end of a fishing rod that's where I got the idea.

I'm staggered (and a little jealous) of the variety you capture. :clap:
Thanks Dale glad you like the images. I'm not a bird photographer who goes out everyday or even once a week. I would say when I do I cram everything in possible I research everything and really go for it and I might do a week or even two weeks solid. Then I will go and do one of my other hobbies I won't say I won't be thinking of photography in the off period because that wouldn't be true I'm constantly thinking about the images I want and other projects. I must admit I photograph many things landscapes, people, mammals, macro, abstracts still life anything going really.
I enjoy combining my hobbies as well by taking my Morgan on a road trip and doing some photography at the same time or cycling and photography. It's one reason I don't really class myself as anything other than a snapper I have too many interests to be really serious about any

Nice, I have been to seahouses and the weather never makes me want to sunbathe
If you think the weather is too bad to sunbathe there, you should come north of the border. We have some of the best beaches in the world, but they are mainly empty due to the climate. White sand and turquoise water don’t seem to tempt the tourists and long may it stay that way

If you think the weather is too bad to sunbathe there, you should come north of the border. We have some of the best beaches in the world, but they are mainly empty due to the climate. White sand and turquoise water don’t seem to tempt the tourists and long may it stay that way
The wind in seahouses is really bad - I could believe that there are sheltered beaches in Scotland which are warmer. It seemed a lot colder than nearby Alnwick.
Sadly I burn in the sun so probably best not to try.

I love it up there Mull Orkney and the Uists are a few favourites of mine over the years I should think we have done quite a chunk of Scotland. I do love the Aviemore area and Rosemarkie areas as well.

Back