Nikon D3 £1134.75 on ebay

Name
chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I just noticed this on ebay.

Seems way too cheap for a BIN of £1134.75. Usually if its too good to be true its a con, but the seller is TechFurb that I think they are part of the Dixons group and have very good feedback.

I would guess they have entered the price wrong, so it would be interesting to know if they would actually complete the transaction

There are currently four available

They seem to have reduced the BIN price from £1976.49 to £1134.75 at 12:48 today.

Two have now sold

All gone! Wow...

Typically any managers specials in dixons have key parts missing like chargers, remotes etc. seems a bit of a risk, and no pic of the actual item or any idea of condition... guess you have to be able to risk £1100+

Last edited:
I couldn't take the risk...too hesitant. Would be good to hear feedback on what these were like on arrival assuming someone did buy one.

What a site !! Just bought a new Samsung BDP1620 Bluray player for £45. I don't mind taking a chance for that amount.

Well I have just ordered, just checked Paypal and it all seems genuine, invoice came from Techfurb/Dixons. Thanks for the heads up Bemcsa.

Last edited:
It also says that the image is for illustrative purposes only. It does look like the IS version though...

Just tried to order the 70-200 but got the message;

"The seller is currently on holiday and is not accepting orders at this time. Please try again later."

Strange?

If you now click on view other items it shows 0

They've been on Ebay for a couple of years though and their feedback is pretty good.

Also on the 70-200 there is no start/finish time etc. Methinks the http may have been hijacked.

Linky done quite a lot of business over the last coupleof weeks so im not sure tbh.

I hope if you have taken a punt your goodies turn up ;)

and if you want a bit of reassurance you can always give them a call -

2010-06-04_154954.jpg

Last edited:
I've also sent a message to the most recent buyer to see their thoughts. Although, the fact the seller has good feedback doesn't actually mean that their accounts haven't been hacked now :eek:

Steve

they're probably using some software their end to list products and have somehow done a bulk discount or something. All their info including paypal stuff points back to the dixons group

I have just spoken to them on the phone and they said they have hit the holiday button because items have been incorrectly listed. This basically takes the site down, she said it should be back up next week.

She could not be certain that all orders would be honored, she thought they probably would as it was only like this for a few hours this afternoon.

Well my ass would be tuppence sixpence at the mo if I'd paid for a D3... have a feeling though it will come good in the end. They had some good bargains when i looked but also some stuff at near cost price. They are either hijacked or else prices are a bit luck of the draw depending on who's doing the pricing in the workshop... Those d3's though just said 'used', most stuff is more descriptive. I looked in early on and they also had a Nikon D90 VR kit at £195 (might have been tempted if I hadn't just won one in a competition! :) )

...all those phone calls and panicking... the likely outcome is they will list everything much dearer in future. There was a recent article taht i read that Uk consumers are suspicious of cheaper pricing. If you give them something at a low price, middle price and retail price they will shy away from the low price becuae it is likely a rip-off (even though it was exactly the same product each time). basically if it's cheap there must be something wrong with it. Dixons will probably folow with more expensive prices from now on... :)

Last edited:
Well my ass would be tuppence sixpence at the mo if I'd paid for a D3

More like half a crown... dustbin lid :D

hope it all works out for the buyers though

Last edited:
They did have 6 x d3's last month, if you do a search for techfurb you will see arkady enquiring about them, there's also very positive feedback left from previous buyers of said d3's

Last edited:
If you go to UK Google and type in Samsung BDP1620, under shopping results there is one for £119.99, if you click on that it takes you to one of the used ones on the Tech Furb Ebay page at £40.00.

Funny how they sell these brand new on the Dixons site for £99.

So were they trying to sell used ones for more than new ones before the pricing error ?

Things are looking good now!!!

Another thread regarding techfurb shows they are genuine! Oh well time will tell..

I don't think there is any doubt Techfurb are genuine just a possible hijacking of site. personally I am sure it will all come good and I think any errors are internal with the company, and maybe they are concerned with so much extra activity now the site is publised. They probably just need to re-evaluate.

My only reason for not buying was not being sure and trusting what the D3 condition would be, not because i thought it was a dodgy set-up. To be honest though on reflection, I wish I'd picked one up... they just cannot be that bad really can they? Probaboly saved me dosh in the long run...a D3 would mean a lot more new lenses, batteries etc!!

Having looked through some previous sales, I get the impression they don't generally offer bargains, just seems something has gone wrong for them (right for the punters) today...

Last edited:
Well it's all looking good, I have even got feedback off them, surely they can't back out now :thinking:

Damn!... there were 3 when I first looked! oh well...still have £1100+ quid in my pocket though... it's only a camera...... (aarrgghhh!)

Back