Nikon D3 £1134.75 on ebay

Good for everyone, but wish I had committed...maybe it's fate...maybe I'll be the person to spot the D3x at £1136! :) I wonder what went on at Techfurb? I looked at their refurbished goods this morning and everything is close to new price...that's more like Dixons for you. I was in their store a few days ago...a printer, no ink cartridges and a missing power supply...20% off! It's scrap value...and a brand new boxed and warrantied was still cheaper on E-buyer. Well if no-one really wants their D3...

Mine is here too :banana::banana:

Date code is 27/03/10 and it doesn't look like its even been out of the box

Nikon UK 2 year warranty card inside.

If I ask for a VAT receipt, do you think it can be registered for the 2 year warranty? I doubt Dixons would have registered it as its unused

Chris,
thanks again! Just updating the Firmware on mine to 2.02.
Have registered it at Nikon and will try and get a Vat Receipt from them direct. If not I have all the info via email so one may just appear on the printer!
Cheers,
Andrew

Chris,
thanks again! Just updating the Firmware on mine to 2.02.
Have registered it at Nikon and will try and get a Vat Receipt from them direct. If not I have all the info via email so one may just appear on the printer!
Cheers,
Andrew

Good thinking.

You were able to register it OK?

I've found out why I was undercharged:
The 'bought' item in my folder wasn't the same as the 'watched' item in that folder.
When I went to pay after having bought the original one, I clicked on the 'watched' item which had been relisted under the new lower price and was subsequently charged that amount.
The camera arrived the next day by DHL.

I have contacted them regarding this, as I still technically have to pay the original price for the bought item, but that item no longer exists.

Emails have been exchanged and it looks as though I won't have to pay the balance.

Good for everyone. I will have to wait 3 more weeks till I get my hand on it! Enjoy guys!

I don't even have that much money but I do feel left out somehow :LOL: Well done for grabbing a fantastic bargain though one and all.. I do so love the internet (sometimes)

Just wondering .. considering the price you paid maybe it would be worth sending to Canon for repair?

Don't know much about Canon stuff but surely if the repair is a couple of hundred it must be worthwhile?

Yeah, I've already had the same thought so have sent them a question about how they want to go about sorting the repair as per their Ts&Cs (states they will repair/refund damaged items so will push for a repair). I'll definitely be happy with sending it off for repair (at their expense) as it's basically mint and looks like it's never even been opened.

I hadn't thought about a VAT recipt but was wondering about how the Canon warranty stood. I'll send another question about it now.

Cheers
Steve

this is not funny:

dhl.jpg

My netbook has been sitting waiting for the DHL man to pick it up since Monday!

no - but I'll still offer you £6 for the bluray player or £20 for the P&S.

I hadn't thought about a VAT recipt but was wondering about how the Canon warranty stood. I'll send another question about it now.

Cheers
Steve

Like my K-7 and macro lens it was sold as used so I doubt Canon warranty would be valid. If they don't want to play ball and offer a refund I would probably pay to get it fixed myself .. even with the cost of repair it would still be a cheap lens and should you ever want to you could probably make a nice little profit on resale.

I've found out why I was undercharged:
The 'bought' item in my folder wasn't the same as the 'watched' item in that folder.
When I went to pay after having bought the original one, I clicked on the 'watched' item which had been relisted under the new lower price and was subsequently charged that amount.
The camera arrived the next day by DHL.

I have contacted them regarding this, as I still technically have to pay the original price for the bought item, but that item no longer exists.

Emails have been exchanged and it looks as though I won't have to pay the balance.

So you are getting it for £1135 as well? Thats good news, Techfurb must be in a generous mood.

I have had a quick play with mine, its one hell of a lump compared to the D90. I still think it may be OTT for my needs, I was hoping that Nikon might repeat their SB900 offer on the D300s. I will hold off registering the warranty until I decide what to do with it.

techfurb again, this made me laugh, where do I attach the Camera! :thinking:!

techfurb - monopod :LOL:

I missed out on most of the bargains; but managed to pick up a 7" digital photo frame for £1.50 before it went down for the second time. I really wish that I had caught it earlier and picked up one of those K7s. :shake:

I get the feeling that they still have some massive bugs in their listing system: One tasty looking iPod Nano :LOL:

I missed out on most of the bargains; but managed to pick up a 7" digital photo frame for £1.50 before it went down for the second time. I really wish that I had caught it earlier and picked up one of those K7s. :shake:

I get the feeling that they still have some massive bugs in their listing system: One tasty looking iPod Nano :LOL:

I noticed that on a lot of their listings, the third picture is usually the right one otherwise there is a right mix up!

if anyone else is having problems with their delivery............ their telephone no is

01636 594250

Turns out my netbook is "Damaged" and they don't want to send it out to me. Fair enough but why didn't they tell me that on Monday.

Or Tuesday
Or Wednesday
Or Thursday
Or Today.

However they are going to see if there's anything else suitable.......:shrug: I did suggest a Pentax K-7 would suffice........ :LOL:

The nice lady did say "We've been inundated with orders this last week" - Really. I wonder why?? :whistle:

To be fair they now called me back and are sending me a new one of these as a "suitable replacement"

To be fair they now called me back and are sending me a new one of these as a "suitable replacement"

Wow...you must have been lucky and got the person who priced up all those goods last week!

...sure they will come up with some gems again in future. Right now their goods on offer look well over-priced forrefurb stuff.

My stuff is mostly not photography related..... but I can't complain at all, other than they sent me a cloth computer chair instead of a leather one.... for £1.99 delivered. Sod it I'll keep it. I'll have to make quite a few cakes to pay back my food mixer and blender though :)
Here's hoping they make another mistake in the near future.

Everything I ordered has now turned up and I've already managed to sell the telly on. I'm already in profit without selling anything else.

Put me down for a coffee and walnut (y)

Yeah sure :) You'll have to get in the queue though, the three models I was working with on Thursday were more impressed with my cake than my photography I think but hey ho.

OK - remember the D3 I got from TechFurb?
Turned out it had a damaged sub-command dial so was dropped-off at Nikon UK for a warranty repair.
Nikon have contacted me regarding this and all the TechFurb kit, no matter what the condition is regarded as 'refurbished/used' and as such not covered by Nikon's own warranty.
I'm currently talking to Techfurb about getting the cost of the repair (£144 - the actual parts only came to £23...lol) refunded.

Just so you know.

OK - remember the D3 I got from TechFurb?
Turned out it had a damaged sub-command dial so was dropped-off at Nikon UK for a warranty repair.
Nikon have contacted me regarding this and all the TechFurb kit, no matter what the condition is regarded as 'refurbished/used' and as such not covered by Nikon's own warranty.
I'm currently talking to Techfurb about getting the cost of the repair (£144 - the actual parts only came to £23...lol) refunded.

Just so you know.

Being that they actually only charged you the £1134 when you actually BIN'd at £800 more wouldn't you be better just paying the £144 - just in case they suddenly discover that you still owe then more than 5 times as much.....;)

I did quite well in the end.

Got my Pentax K-7 with kit lens for £225 plus a Pentax 100mm f2.8 macro for £120.

Sold the macro for £275 (already had one) and the weather proof kit lens for £60

£155 profit on Macro lens
£60 for the kit lens

=

Brand new Pentax K-7 with bashed box ... £10

:banana:

Being that they actually only charged you the £1134 when you actually BIN'd at £800 more wouldn't you be better just paying the £144 - just in case they suddenly discover that you still owe then more than 5 times as much.....;)

Just got an email from them - they're footing the repair bill and happy to do so.

many thanks TechFurb and DSGI Plc...!
(y)

Result AGAIN! Rob you lucky wotsit! Someone up there knows how many dirty nappies and sleepless nights are coming your way.... :naughty:

All my stuff is ok.... all bar my picture frame, Phillips are extremely unhelpful when it comes to warranties it seems.....

Back