Nikon D3 £1134.75 on ebay

I was actually looking for a D300 when I spotted the D3 in the 'you might also be interested' section.

I decided to join in the fun and hit the BIN on the D3 even though I don't actually want one :eek: and will probably end up trying to swap it for a D300.

I have not paid for it yet as I was at work and wanted a secure connection for paypal. So for those that also bought stuff from TechFurb, what is the consensus of opinion; is it worth completing the purchase or sending them an email to ask if they will honour the price?

I did buy a new Gitzo CF tripod from Ffords via ebay for £60. I paid for it and they refunded the money and said it should have been £200. There does not seem to be much that you can do, apart from leaving them negative feedback. In the end I did not leave any feedback as anyone can make a genuine mistake.

This can't be right - I hope it is but how can a blu-ray player go for £1.94 incl P&L. I hope no one gets burned.

Bemcsa - well if you do buy it and it is ok, I'd like to be first to say I would probably take it off you for that price, or consider a swop for my D300+ some cash! :)

Bought a D3 - hit the 'buy now' button on Friday, paid them yesterday, it arrived this morning.
My Dad checked it over and it's 'as new'. No scuffs, scratches or blemishes. All caps present an accounted for.
All ancillaries (strap, battery, charger, leads etc) are there and still poly-bagged as per a new item, no sign of use on the camera. CD and manual still in original sealed-bag.
I won't get to see it myself in person til I go back to UK next month, but I told Dad what to check for and he gives it the thumbs-up...

I'm guessing it's demo/display ex-stock...

To be honest, even if it did show 'some' minor signs of use, as long as the sensor is clean and it has under 10,000 actuations, I'd still be OK with it at that price...

I'd have been even happier at £1130-odd though...bugger...lol

Last edited:
I think I got the last one at £224 .. along with a 100mm macro for £120.

Will see what happens, seller regulations give me 7 days to return them (if they arrive )

It was you then!!!!! Bugger!

:LOL: 6 blu Ray players for a total of £23 inc pnp!

£6 for a canon selphy printer for Nan too :)

Bought a D3 - hit the 'buy now' button on Friday, paid them yesterday, it arrived this morning.
My Dad checked it over and it's 'as new'. No scuffs, scratches or blemishes. All caps present an accounted for.
All ancillaries (strap, battery, charger, leads etc) are there and still poly-bagged as per a new item, no sign of use on the camera. CD and manual still in original sealed-bag.
I won't get to see it myself in person til I go back to UK next month, but I told Dad what to check for and he gives it the thumbs-up...

I'm guessing it's demo/display ex-stock...

To be honest, even if it did show 'some' minor signs of use, as long as the sensor is clean and it has under 10,000 actuations, I'd still be OK with it at that price...

I'd have been even happier at £1130-odd though...bugger...lol

Thanks for that Rob, it sounds like it may be worth sending the £1137 off and see if they send me a D3.

My guess is that someone was applying a discount on a number of lines and made a typo

hmmm just been on there and picked up a netbook for a fraction of what it should be.........

seems their ebay shop is really screwed up though as this definitely looks like a kettle and not what it claims to be...........

:LOL: I wonder if they will honour my blu ray players?!

Tech Furb
Building One, Mezzanine Floor
PO Box 9930
Newark
Nottinghamshire
NG24 9HU
United Kingdom

All looks good apart from one small detail.
Registered compant who are not registered and they use a PO BOX.
Strange.

Tech Furb
PO Box 9930
Newark
Nottinghamshire
NG24 9HU
United Kingdom

Strange.

They are part of DSG - Dixons,Currys,PCWorld etc.....

Ahh..that would explain it.,..well good luck everyone who managed to get something

I have the D3 sitting at home right now - it's legit.

The final price-drop would have been to clear the last stock...having someone monitor ebay listings would have cost them money - not worth the aggro for only £6k's worth of equipment (I think the last three went for £1100 or something stupid)...

Last edited:
Ive just noticed that all the products they had yesterday have been sold since posting this link. I noticed a sigma 10-20 nikonfit for £149 and i was silly not to buy and have now missed out!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...as is having spare money. There was a time yesterday when people were not sure who the company were, whether it was legit, ...in the case of the D3 there was no indication what it's condition was, and what appeared to be anomolies in pricing. If you knew who they were or were prepared to risk your money that was fine...i saw nearly all the stuff still for sale, but didn't want anything particularly, didn't want to buy just to speculate...but the D3 would have liked as I feel it's the camera for me right now. Sadly £1100 was still a lot to risk I it had turned bad. With hindsight I don't think it will, and I reckon people will get their gear...so if there is a D3 going! :)

I managed to BIN a few things, some of the household stuff looked good, it'll be nice if it goes through.... worst case is a Payapl refund really.

It'd be nice to see if anyone gets an 'item shipped' mail or any communication off them today.

Well their website is back up with only a fraction of stuff they had a few days ago (only a few photo items, nothing worth talking about) and the prices look completely revamped... Prices are a lot more like you would expect from Dixons...not cheap.

I'm going to guess that as we are not inundated with ' they cancelled my order posts' everyone will get what they ordered.

Tech Furb
PO Box 9930
Newark
Nottinghamshire
NG24 9HU
United Kingdom

Strange.

Currys RDC address mate.

I sent them a messgae via ebay on Saturday asking if we were liable to get the items .. just this second got an answer:

Investigations have revealed significant issues with our pricing database, and warehouse despatch process. This is now being resolved.

All purchases of items in stock will be honoured.

Your item will be picked and despatched from our warehouse within the next 24 hours.
We use DHL courier service, whose delivery estimate, as detailed within our listings, and terms and conditions, is Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays), generally from 9am to 5pm. However, we would normally expect next day delivery.

You will receive an automated message upon despatch from our warehouse.

Regards

- techfurb

Looking good. :clap:

Wick! Now lets hope they really balls up and send me a D3! :naughty:

I'll be dead happy if I get mine, I ordered some household stuff and and a Panasonic FT1 as I really need a waterprrof camera for caving/mining etc.

I think we may find the items are suddenly out of stock then!
But...

3 negative feedbacks today for selling items they do not have in stock. I suspect that suddenly they will have difficulty finding those 5 D3's.

There is also the following clause in their terms & conditions:

We try very hard to ensure that all information on this site is accurate. However, just occasionally, an error can occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of a product you have ordered, we may cancel your order at any time up to the point we send you the product(s) (even if you have received your order confirmation email). We will contact you where we become aware of an error and ask whether you wish to continue with your order at the correct price or cancel it. If we do cancel your order, you will receive a full refund of any charges paid in advance.

I still doubt my D3 will turn up. :(

I reckon they'll send some of it, reputations are worth more than the small loss they'd incur on this.... small in a corporate sense anyway.

From eBay sellers rules :

'You must ensure your the items you are offering are in stock for the duration of the listing and are delivered to the buyer, unless the buyer doesn't meet the terms of your listing.'

i think if they've taken the money they should send it, fair enough if they haven't but according to my paypal they have

Back