OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Not at all. I still have my CL -and inshallah, my compact search has ended :D

... and I have someone else's CL :LOL:

It's kind of getting tough to find cameras now that I need... seems like the numbers are falling while the prices are rising :(

Hell yes, but I am determined to make sure the ones that stay do get used at least once a year... while others (like the Minolta Prod 20s, the Dynax 9, etc.) get taken everywhere and so they are not part of that "necessary" circulation :LOL:

Having said that, I note I have yet to finish the first film in the 9... how embarrassing :bonk:

Just got the cheapest piece of gear I've ever bought apart from a lens cleaning cloth....

SG3IR_D200.jpg

Prevents on-board flash from adding to the exposure when using it to control my speedlight, but still allows the IR (flash trigger) signal through :D

that one sounded like scam though :)

Well you see the camera first before handing over ya dosh, that's why I opened a thread for advice because I didn't know much about a Minolta AF SLR camera. Anyway it's gone also the Nikon FE for £30.

Brian , do you need a Minolta AF camera? I got one lying around....

Thanks for the offer Ujjwaldey, but I don't have a set of AF lenses and if I have to use it with Minolta manual focus lenses, I might as well use my X-700.
The 700si with Tamron zoom on gumtree for £15 looked a terrific bargain to ignorant me, but the impression I got from the guys in the thread for advice was that they weren't over impressed... and I got fed up with the latest email from seller saying you can see the camera without giving me her address, so lost interest :shrug:

Bloomin heck I go to work and come back to find the whole world knows about everything ;)

Ooo ya smooth-talking devil - I make it two for sure, and if you think they are the whole world then you got a tiny world and maybe need to get out a bit more :LOL:

On another note, I think I may have just weakened ... :D

Be strong Arthur.... fight the temptation.

anyone has a minolta 9000 or 600si ? dying to try them but they always seem to go for not the right amount of monies.

Ooo ya smooth-talking devil - I make it two for sure, and if you think they are the whole world then you got a tiny world and maybe need to get out a bit more :LOL:

I do indeed live a very sheltered life! Besides which I'm making room for my OM2n when it arrives, I offered to buy it in July but the two of us haven't been able to meet up yet!

Plus Shh don't tell everyone but I bought another digikal (an E3)

well being mostly retro, I'm finding having auto wind-on kinda cool...but not that cool that I want to keep a Minolta..

I just remembered that I want minolta XE :D ..ohh... what a quality camera :)
I completely understand that most of the 1985+ minoltas look dull, plasticy etc but hey they can produce the results almost for free.

The f90x twins:

img2998dpp.jpg

img2999dpp.jpg

As you can see, the professionally used one shows some wear (to the rubberised back in particular), but it's not too bad really. I contemplated selling one, but I simply love the feel of them. So, as BigYin suggested, it's one loaded with B&W, one with colour.

that's the ticket (y) There's just a certain something about having a good matched pair of things to shoot with - be it a brace of Purdeys or a Pair of Pro Film bodies :LOL:

Last edited:
Its owned by Carl Zeiss still, they design the body and lens and Cosina manufactures them. Zeiss only make 2 of their lens in Germany and thats the 2/85 and the 2.8/15 as they both contain floating elements that Cosina can't do.

Ah, so Cosina is the current Kyocera?

Who owns the contax brand name? Did Kyocera sell it off in the end?

( may I ask how much that baby costs - used?)

Is the 2/85 the same Sonnar design that was used in Contax G1 ( obviously this one is manual , not AF)

Last edited:
Not quite sure, I am rather new to the rangefinder scene but I think its a new design as floating elements has only been recently been introduced on M mount lens and it is significantly more expensive than other Zeiss lens. The lens are still MF only also.

I bought the kit new, it's being sold in the UK for around £1200 body and £600 for lens and I managed to get it brand new from a German Zeiss reseller for £1100 as a kit :)

Aye - not bad I guess :D

... don't get it dirty :LOL:

Ladies and gentlemen... the postman has left the building
party.gif

Arthur
egypt.gif

Darth Tata you mean? Just in from the truck 'cos I cleared the dash board for the first time - he'll be going back soon, sort of like a modern Spirit of Ecstasy :LOL:

Don't tell Ujjwal... but I had to do it :D

L-CL-50.jpg

Now that is mighty fine.... BTW how are you coping with just the one kidney?

Andy

Back