Official Olympic Torch route thread

Name
Josh
Edit My Images
No
Well the Olympic torch has made its' way from Lands End in Cornwall to Truro and is on it's way to St Austell as I type. Just got back from watching and it was quite an experience! Thought I'd create this thread for everyone to share their images throughout the journey as I couldn't find an existing thread!

Here are some of the shots I got in Truro, Cornwall. All unedited out of camera!:

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

A couple of quick snaps of the olympic torch..running through our town of Bodmin.Once in a lifetime opportunity for me..

Didnt have the ability to get great photos as i had my children with me..so it was hard keeping an eye on them in such a busy crowd and to get some half decent shots..

torchf3.jpg

torchf4.jpg

torchf2.jpg

I'm hoping to get a glimpse on the Northumberland leg. It goes past my parents' house so I might get a view. :)

Nice record of events. Love the heat haze from the flame.

I'm hoping to get a glimpse on the Northumberland leg. It goes past my parents' house so I might get a view. :)

Keep your camera to hand! Shame more people haven't seen this.. Would be cool to get a thread going getting as many runs in pictures as possible!

Yesterday the Olympic Torch came through Wells in Somerset just a few miles from me. Initially I wasn't particularly interested but decided to go and take a look anyway. It was a fantastic couple of hours, a chance to record a little bit of history and wonderful opportunities for colourful happy pics.

If the Torch is coming near you do turn out and cheer it in it's way:)

Where is it? - Yes I wish he had stood in the sunlight but there you go....

TV having fun winding up the kids

Finally the Torch Bearer

Caroline

Well i will be ready for its visit to us on Thursday and hope to get some shots

I've been looking at the itinerary today and trying to figure out if I can get from my parents' to home then down to another location on foot. Might have to try. :)

Hi all

The Olympic Torch reached Cheltenham this evening and my 4 year old wanted to see it so we all rushed into town after work. Only managed to get one half decent shot due to crowd getting in the way and my daughter waving her flag in front of the camera at the precise moment i pressed the shutter button :bonk:

Olympic torch by DAZMAN32, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Is there a flame on that?? I can't see it against the sky! A tad later with a slightly higher angle may have been a better shot...

Um, I can see the flame quite clearly on my screen??

EDIT - I think you might be referring to the Cheltenham shot above mine??

Last edited:
Only managed to get one half decent shot due to crowd getting in the way and my daughter waving her flag in front of the camera at the precise moment i pressed the shutter button :bonk:

Mine was doing the same thing, bloody kids enjoying themselves!! :)

wow my post has been moved here...thankyou! great thread and great images..gotta be a watcha this thread .xx

Yv said:
Just for the record, I have merged into this thread, several from elsewhere in the forum, so we have a complete record in one place. If you see any appear elsewhere, please rtm or direct the OP here. Thanks all! (y)

Thanks Yv, I was wondering which one to post in! :)

Olympic Torch Relay, Day 4; Chippenham Stage.

2012FlameDay4_001.jpg

2012FlameDay4_002.jpg

2012FlameDay4_003.jpg

2012FlameDay4_005.jpg

Last edited:
Yv ( mod) bundled all the torch threads together yesterday to keep the same topic under one heading..........Would give you the linky but I can't find her thread!! lol

Perhaps you want to request that she adds yours too.....

Some very nice images there, a bit tight to the right on #1 and to the top on #2 but all in all a very good set.

wow they use a Davy Lamp to light it! cool, we still have my grandad's from his days in the pit as a boy (Team Colliery)

torch is going through basingstoke on 11th July so might take the day off, only bug is that the carriers are all from outside the town bar one (one is even from America. How did that happen?)

Some great shots on here...its coming through our town next Tuesday and I will be out with camera in hand.Problem will be finding a good spot, but looking forward to it. Probably the only time in my lifetime the Olympic Torch will come through here.

Day 5: Cheltenham

IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

Great shots from all so far, this could turn into an great example of recording history as it happens. I cant see 'us' as a country hosting the games again in any of our lifetimes. Will any news agency cover almost every town and city that the torch passes through?
Looking forward to adding my efforts on the 9th of July, just hope its not raining at 7am when it passes through Dunstable.

Oh and shame on those selling the torches for private profit, tbh I never knew there was one for each person carrying them..

Could this be made into a compiled gallery after the Olympics with all of the shots?

Last edited:
Back