Official Olympic Torch route thread

Spalding 4th July

flame3.jpg

flame21.jpg

flame1.jpg

flame4.jpg

flame5.jpg

Cynic as I am about the whole Olympics.. I would be very grateful if anyone has a photo of the torchbearer in Lowestoft this morning between the handover at 10:37 and up to the handover at Ness Point. A friend has been carrying the torch for that 300m stretch.

It came through Southend this morning. Been pouring it down all morning, drizzly while the torch came through, and now nice and sunny now that it's all over. :LOL:

KK2T5862.jpg

KK2T5855.jpg

KK2T5885.jpg

KK2T5889.jpg

KK2T5896.jpg

Last edited:
A selection from today; I'm happy with them, especially considering people and action aren't really what I do and the settings had to be a bit off in order to get anything in the rain (ISO was higher than I would have liked, shutter speed was slower.)

CharlieAllan2.jpg

Kicking off; the bloke's name is Charlie Allan.

CharlieAllan1.jpg

Love the contrast between him being really happy and the police-woman's expression. :D

Goingby1.jpg

Closest I got to him going past (I put the camera down to actually watch when he went past.)

Torchlitversion2.jpg

Best one I got of the flame properly on display and my favourite, in spite of the 'going past' one probably being the best technically.

And a different crop of that last one. When I got home, I realised that a woman in the crowd was smiling straight towards me. :cautious: I think she thought she'd end up in the newspaper, but she can be famous on TP instead! :LOL:

Womansmilingversion2.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few from early this morning as the torch passed through Dunstable from Luton on its way to Milton Keynes, at least it didn't rain....
I was very surprised at the number of people who turned up at 7:30 in the morning. Good to see the Wheatsheaf Pub open up to serve a cooked breakfast and coffee :)

Olympic Torch Relay Dunstable by Bambi_72, on Flickr

Last edited:
The Flame reaches Blandford, not award winning shots, however a moving day seeing the flame and feeling all the excitement, lovely!

torch.jpg

torch5.jpg

Torch4800x527.jpg

Torch1.jpg

torch2.jpg

torch3.jpg

The few keepers that I took from the torch going though Bournemouth Fri eve and sat morning.

1) Torch Fri evening

7569372212_c273b011f4_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

2) Torch Sat morning

7569366550_1f6d51aaf4_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

3) Tog Van

7569177876_9ec4612f3a_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

4) Coke-cola DJ

7569196086_fc391452d6_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Another set that won't win any awards, but recorded the torch passing through Barnet in Nth London, only 48 hours now before the opening ceremony :D

There is a full set on my blog and on flickr feed, but here are a few for the thread.

Olympic Torch by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

Only just spotted this! Here it is when it came to Malvern some time ago:
7402405356_e724889cfc.jpg

7402405882_e0d5a804d0.jpg

I know its from a long time ago but i've only now got the courage to put this photo up!!

I know I have cut the top of the flame off but i'm still learning and this was with my new (at the time) 55-300 at 300mm

There are some more on my flickr page!

DSC_0287 by Patricia Balaam, on Flickr

I put an idea up here a while back but didn't get much traction. So here it is again.

What about creating an ebook of this journey of the olympic torch? I have an iTunes acount for book publishing so would be happy to collate all the images together and create a book that mapped the journey.

Anyone think this a good idea? Of course the book would be a free download for everyone to enjoy

I put an idea up here a while back but didn't get much traction. So here it is again.

What about creating an ebook of this journey of the olympic torch? I have an iTunes acount for book publishing so would be happy to collate all the images together and create a book that mapped the journey.

Anyone think this a good idea? Of course the book would be a free download for everyone to enjoy

Not sure how big the gaps would be n the journey, but more than happy to contribute the images I've posted here and any more I have.

Back