Oxford - a first vist

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
Welcome to the forum, they definitely give a flavour of Oxford - the central area has many photographic opportunities and like you I plan another visit :)

Nice shots - you've definitely caught the flavour. Numbers 1 and 3 are my faves, though it's hard to say exactly why.

Very nice compositions. My only comment would be to correct the distortions in #2

It is interesting seeing how other people view Oxford! Your shots are uplifting and very positive in nature.

In comparison I moved here to study in September and I'm not enjoying the city - all the shots I have taken are mean, moody and broody!

That's interesting, Charlotte. I moved up this way more than 20 years ago, and it took probably 10 years before I stopped seeing Oxford as a place of snobbery, priviledge and wealth.

Thank you for all the feedback! I think this is the first time I've posted such a thread so your comments are very welcome.

Charlotte, I've spent quite a bit of time in Cambridge and I think your comments are possibly valid about both cities. They are very photogenic and popular cities to visit but there is a clear "town and gown" divide that I imagine has always been there. I hope you begin to enjoy Oxford more in future :)

Back