PANAMOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don't get the 5DIII in stock soon I may to go somewhere else soon :-(

I have gone to http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/

Spoke to them, all appears fine...order the MKIII with Lens combo as its a little cheaper (added other goodies) - all in just over £2600

now awaiting delivery

What on earth happened. Panamoz prices have jumped like crazy! Now other suppliers are far cheaper than them when it was the other way around.

What on earth happened. Panamoz prices have jumped like crazy! Now other suppliers are far cheaper than them when it was the other way around.

This has been discussed since post 616, two weeks ago :D

Last edited:
It just goes to answering machine

Looks like that slide is gathering momentum then, I wonder how much longer till they disappear completely.

A quick google finds this for them if it helps anyone.

United Kingdom: 01273257119

Germany: 08001830463

United States: 15513339912

I've rang and had an answer before but when I rang in the middle of the night here, so obviously during there business hours...

no good ringing a HK based company and expecting them to answer the phone in the middle of the night (in HK)

;)

I've rang and had an answer before but when I rang in the middle of the night here, so obviously during there business hours...

no good ringing a HK based company and expecting them to answer the phone in the middle of the night (in HK)

;)

Although the number is a UK number so you would expect someone to answer it during our working hours, unless it just forwards to a HK number.

Yeah, and it also can't be the number for the UK return address as its not a London number.

It'll be a VOIP number, so going straight to Hong Kong.

http://www.phone-numbers-uk.com/numbers/01273-brighton-uk-numbers.php
Get a Brighton 01273 phone number, when your clients call your virtual local area number the call will be forwarded to your existing fixed phone line, fax line, mobile phone or VoIP server / VoIP Trunk.

You choose how you want your telephone calls to be call diverted in minutes, by simply logging in to the online control panel and changing the settings. We also have options for VoIP trunk forwarding to help you reduce your phone call costs. Choose an easy to remember memorable gold number so your clients can easily remember your phone number.

Add additional call handling services at anytime, such as; voicemail, call hunting, fax to email, switchboard and more!

We have a variety of Brighton 01273 Numbers for sale and you can buy them online in minutes!

Rent a Brighton 01273 Phone Number now and make sure you don't miss any phone call business in future!!

Well, well well. Panamoz have come back to life. Some price reductions on various items such as the 5D III & 600ex-RT. However, still quite high compared to past prices. Interesting to keep a watch on again.

Unless theres a public statement explaining the recent events, Panamoz have lost my trust and future business for good.

A lot of it is down to the pound dollar rate, all imports will go up now.

The pound dropped to its lowest in 32 months against a fortified dollar on Monday to $1.4871.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/9922191/Pound-drops-to-new-two-and-a-half-year-low.html

There is a point about that yes, but factor in OSD, Digital Rev and a few others perhaps and you can see something odd is up with Panamoz. over £600 for a flash and nearly 3 grand for a 5d III. These prices are nothing to do with currency problems.

HDEW prices seem to have increased a lot recently too........looks like there could be a pattern emerging........

Not to the level of Panamoz.

Maybe theyre just being hacked by some do gooder hacktivist who doesn't like people dodging tax. Ah well, plenty of other places to use, this was good while it lasted.

I suspect several things have happened.

-exchange rates: it would not surprise me if Canon HQ sets its own exchange rate per week/month/quarter with its regional areas as otherwise following the daily fluctuations would be very complicated, but maybe its come as it bit of a shock to the shop on the street.

-pressure from Canon / Nikon regional areas if they realise their European department was loosing sales to the far east and the supply chain has been restricted slightly to some customers and distributors.

-maybe HK customs, possibly from a nudge from Customs UK / Ireland / Europe / USA have been in and had a look, after all they're prepared to bend one rule, maybe they're happy to bend others.

I'm not sure I'd believe an official statement anyway.

Reference exchange rate arguments. Of course prices have gone up a bit across teh board recently. However, OSD and DR have not had increased such as Panamoz, so something else is going on other than just exchange rates. 600ex-rt is available for £381 at OSD, 399 at DR then over 600 at Panamoz.

-exchange rates: it would not surprise me if Canon HQ sets its own exchange rate per week/month/quarter with its regional areas as otherwise following the daily fluctuations would be very complicated, but maybe its come as it bit of a shock to the shop on the street.

-pressure from Canon / Nikon regional areas if they realise their European department was loosing sales to the far east and the supply chain has been restricted slightly to some customers and distributors.

-maybe HK customs, possibly from a nudge from Customs UK / Ireland / Europe / USA have been in and had a look, after all they're prepared to bend one rule, maybe they're happy to bend others.

Do companies like Panamoz buy from Canon etc on a sale and return basis?

Can Canon tell a company what price to sell goods at?

andrewc said:

I dont think Canon would set the rate or have any influence over the GBP price when its a HK retailer exporting the stock. They'll probably influence the HKD prices manage the product demand in HK.

I don't know but I would imagine Panamoz wouldn't buy their stock directly from Canon, but from a wholesaler (but there is a chance that the wholesaler is 100% owned by Canon - just to throw a spanner in the works.)

Whilst Canon can't stop what and where its products end up, it does have leverage with the wholesalers in the supply chain, could restrict product flow to that wholesaler or could say to the wholesaler that we're happy to supply to you, but we'd rather you didn't supply these people.

So Canon does have some control, and maybe are choosing to flex their ability to use it a little.

I dont think Canon would set the rate or have any influence over the GBP price when its a HK retailer exporting the stock. They'll probably influence the HKD prices manage the product demand in HK.

The final pieces in the chain are most subject to daily currency fluctuations but if Panamoz are knocked down the discount levels a bit, their buying prices rise, their fixed costs stay much the same so have to pass the cost onto the end user.

OR perhaps they are in deep **** with the taxman and are discouraging buyers.

twist said:
OR perhaps they are in deep **** with the taxman and are discouraging buyers.

Is that possible? Unless HK have export restrictions or export tax, they should be ok. I think its Canon restricting supply as they distorted the market with prices and the HMRC getting onto they're UK rep/contact. I'm betting that its Canon, as they've priced themselves out of all markets, not just the UK. They're probably not getting any supply now and at those prices, are walking into a local retailer and posting items out to anyone crazy enough to buy. The price indicates they're likely to stomach the tax bill too.

Thing is, their increased prices are not only on Canon equipment, so there's more of an issue than Canon restricting supply.

Last edited:
How is Canon the cause? If you look at the site, its ALL manufacturers items that have been increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back