weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

really like the second juxtaposition pic I know what you mean about not being happy with the last few posts I feel the same way my last 3 have been rubbish to be honest. I am sure you will be back on form soon (y)

Well had an idea straight away.

Isabelle at Brownies.

Jackie at the gym.

Then it all went wrong :bonk:

1. house stinks of cigarette smoke
2. left camera on ISO 2000
3. while trying to get rid of the cigarette smoke with incense sticks burned the kitchen surface.
4. mouth tastes like an ashtray....

I''ll stop there while I pack.

Anyway, here's my letter and it's been a pleasure knowing you.

Damn it....Flickr's down so can't upload...:help:

Cheers.

Last edited:
Well had an idea straight away.

Isabelle at Brownies.

Jackie at the gym.

Then it all went wrong :bonk:

1. house stinks of cigarette smoke
2. left camera on ISO 2000
3. while trying to get rid of the cigarette smoke with incense sticks burned the kitchen surface.
4. mouth tastes like an ashtray....

I''ll stop there while I pack.

Anyway, here's my letter and it's been a pleasure knowing you.

Damn it....Flickr's down so can't upload...:help:

Cheers.

Flickr, now up and running. Damn ISO 2000 resulted in noisy and hell :bonk:

Week 10 letter by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

The noise doesn't hurt that at all for me. Great idea and a really striking image.
You might wanna try vaping when attempting similar shots in future, for the sake of domestic harmony!:D

the noise is not a problem suits the image, well done for being able to blow a smoke ring I assume you were a smoker once. nicely placed in the frame and a good BG :clap:

a perfect 'letter' O, well done. Great job on the background, your commitment to the cause is commendable!

Noise gives an almost ghostly feel to the ring, works well!

I like the second Juxtaposition, made me chuckle.
The O is good, well smoked :) but it's too noisey for my liking. I like the way you have positioned it on a third though.

The noise doesn't hurt that at all for me. Great idea and a really striking image.
You might wanna try vaping when attempting similar shots in future, for the sake of domestic harmony!:D

I'll, I had to google vaping...cheers.

the noise is not a problem suits the image, well done for being able to blow a smoke ring I assume you were a smoker once. nicely placed in the frame and a good BG :clap:

Cheers, yeah, I smoked for a while a long time ago...wonder why I stopped :D

Smoking in bed again, Mr Harris...?? :D

Go on, gizza clue :thinking:

a perfect 'letter' O, well done. Great job on the background, your commitment to the cause is commendable!

Noise gives an almost ghostly feel to the ring, works well!

Cheers, I've no idea why people smoke...blooming stinks!

I like the second Juxtaposition, made me chuckle.
The O is good, well smoked :) but it's too noisey for my liking. I like the way you have positioned it on a third though.

Thanks, yeah, leaving my camera in ISO 2000 was not a good idea :bonk:

Cheers all.

Apologies for not dropping in sooner this week Andy, work has been full on and the week isn't over yet :(

Anyway, onto your image, it is certainly bang on theme.
You have mentioned the noise in the photograph, as you say high iso wasn't your friend here.

You've done well capturing it, I am sure it couldn't have been easy blowing then capturing the smoke rings with decent composition.

Not much more to be said Andy, another theme out tomorrow, onward and upward eh?

I also think the second juxtaposition shot works better than the first, which might have been better with the guy looking to his left (ie across the fram rather than out of it)?

Letter is brilliant; maybe not worth a divorce, though! :D

I like your first entry for Juxtaposition Andy, this it is well done. Your idea for letter is very original, well thought out, I don't see the noise as too much of a problem. Good job and hope you're not too much in bother :bonk:

Hi matey

I've never managed to blow smoke rings so well impressed with this one ( little things.....) The noise adds to the image for me , nice black bg (y)

Has Jackie noticed the burn yet :LOL:

Hi Andy

Juxtaposition, it has to be number two for me. Number one fits the theme but two stands out for me. I like the bright green grass and sharp focus on the sign against the BG. I like the DOF on this one, it adds more depth for me.

Letter, I wondered what it was at first then read what you had done. I hope having one little dirty smelly cig hasn't made you wish for more? I like the graininess, it suits this image and you've done well catching it on camera (y)

Apologies for not dropping in sooner this week Andy, work has been full on and the week isn't over yet :(

Anyway, onto your image, it is certainly bang on theme.
You have mentioned the noise in the photograph, as you say high iso wasn't your friend here.

You've done well capturing it, I am sure it couldn't have been easy blowing then capturing the smoke rings with decent composition.

Not much more to be said Andy, another theme out tomorrow, onward and upward eh?

Cheers, Iain.

I also think the second juxtaposition shot works better than the first, which might have been better with the guy looking to his left (ie across the fram rather than out of it)?

Letter is brilliant; maybe not worth a divorce, though! :D

Thanks for the crit on Juxtaposition and no divorce papers yet.

I like your first entry for Juxtaposition Andy, this it is well done. Your idea for letter is very original, well thought out, I don't see the noise as too much of a problem. Good job and hope you're not too much in bother :bonk:

Thanks, I'm in the clear so far...keep hiding the burn mark :bat:

Yeah, I Gree with the others. I think the noise actually helps. Nice shot and I really like the positioning in the frame.

Thanks, yeah, I guess the noise does add.

Hi matey

I've never managed to blow smoke rings so well impressed with this one ( little things.....) The noise adds to the image for me , nice black bg (y)

Has Jackie noticed the burn yet :LOL:

Hi Andy

Juxtaposition, it has to be number two for me. Number one fits the theme but two stands out for me. I like the bright green grass and sharp focus on the sign against the BG. I like the DOF on this one, it adds more depth for me.

Letter, I wondered what it was at first then read what you had done. I hope having one little dirty smelly cig hasn't made you wish for more? I like the graininess, it suits this image and you've done well catching it on camera (y)

Thanks both.

The burn mark hasn't been noticed...yet!

Well, not touched my camera all week :thinking: Here's a grab shot using my 'phone whilst looking around Leeds Art Gallery.

I have Friday off and I'm taking a trip to Joe Cornish gallery at Northallerton and hopefully I may see something more Electric.

Anyway, this feels very much like a placeholder.

Cheers all and I've now completed 22.16% of TP52 2013 :D

Week 11 Electric 3 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Week 11 Electric 2 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Andy
Electric - good enough for a grab shot - on theme. Prefer the colour version as more interest in the shot with the warmth of the wood and it looks more like a set of steps. But that is a strange bit of cloning in the wood on the second step :thinking: - and i am not sure why you have done it cos the studs add to the image IMO.

Hi Andy
Electric - good enough for a grab shot - on theme. Prefer the colour version as more interest in the shot with the warmth of the wood and it looks more like a set of steps. But that is a strange bit of cloning in the wood on the second step :thinking: - and i am not sure why you have done it cos the studs add to the image IMO.

+1 about the possible cloning, but prefer it in colour, feels a bit flat to me in b&w

Hi Andy

+1 about the possible cloning, but prefer it in colour, feels a bit flat to me in b&w

OOOppps, fatigue, posted an interim processed step in error. It looks awful, I'll take down and put correct one up. It seem better, my symmetrical I thought, without the stud.

Cheers.

Liking the colour one more - even with the attempt at cloning. Didn't notice they were steps to start with, but see it now, love the wear in the centre that you get on old stone steps.

Cheers all and I've now completed 22.16% of TP52 2013 :D

a full 1% ahead of everyone else..... :eek:

Just looking at b&w now, I still like the studs because they are not symmetrical. The shortened upper wood and the misalignment of the studs emphasise the receding and height of the steps so that the theme is satisfied but there is other interst too IMO.

Liking the colour one more - even with the attempt at cloning. Didn't notice they were steps to start with, but see it now, love the wear in the centre that you get on old stone steps.

a full 1% ahead of everyone else..... :eek:

Cheers, I've replaced the origional colour version because it was **cough** bad.

not sure which one I like best both good in their own way nice textures only crit would be a slight crop from the bottom :D

Sometimes I think I must have a lot to learn. I can't latch on to this at all. I'm stumped.

I think that is a really interesting shot. Like the range of soft colours and the horizontality.

Thanks, the colours did appeal to me.

not sure which one I like best both good in their own way nice textures only crit would be a slight crop from the bottom :D

Crop :LOL: I did actually do one with a crop but could not work out where to put the lower third.

Sometimes I think I must have a lot to learn. I can't latch on to this at all. I'm stumped.

Hi, I don't know whether I need to :LOL: or :thinking:

Sorry mate, wasn't being rude - just an honest comment.

Wish I understood this photo(s) better so I could offer better critique.

Sorry mate, wasn't being rude - just an honest comment.

Wish I understood this photo(s) better so I could offer better critique.

I know you weren't being rude, Brian (y) it's just obvious to me, then again I took the photograph.

It was a grab shot of a plate showing a well known Leeds electrical firm. Not very inventive, but I liked the horizontal lines and the textures/colours of the metal plates.

I like that B&w one; lovely textures and lines.

Sometimes quick grabs are the best shots of all.

Cheers, need to bounce back for this week :D

Last edited:
Back