Post your best crash shot!

just to show that i dont care anymore here is a photo of a banana
banana1.jpg

And here's the same banana a few days later following an horrific incident at Brands Hatch

istockphoto_5801989_squashed_ripe_banana.jpg
:banana:

Bumping this for a bit more of an adrenalin rush .. :)

Bumping was a good idea as I was not around these parts when originally posted.
Taken at the WSB, Donington this year. Leon Haslam gets his revenge for being taken out by hitting the guy on the head with his front wheel! :)

Haslam-Rolfo.jpg

Will grab a still tomorrow, but meanwhile here is the footage from my onboard camera system installed on our car

http://www.vimeo.com/2044404

The exciting bit happens towards the very end, so wait until its downloaded and then watch from about 14m onwards. Our car OK, but it shows the dangers of open wheel racing. Our car was chasing 2nd position overall, came across two backmarkers. One runs wide, the other dives to the right to take advantage without realising there is a car already there. Tristan sees him and keeps right as much as possible, but a bump spits him back onto the circuit. Tyres touch and its a red flag...

If it was saloons it would be a trip to the paddock for some T-Cut and buff out the damage.

A Montego dumped oil during the prevous race which explains the cement dust down. Marshals applied it pretty liberally though!

Last edited:
Stuart Tilley's huge crash at the Oulton Park Gold Cup earlier this year. He touched wheels with another car coming into Island bend, which flicked his F5000 car up in the air, and this is the result. Thankfully he was pretty much ok.

2974911692_73bc941306_o.jpg

bsod.gif

This is one I had to do on the PC, couldn't manage it on the Mac :)

Will grab a still tomorrow, but meanwhile here is the footage from my onboard camera system installed on our car

http://www.vimeo.com/2044404

The exciting bit happens towards the very end, so wait until its downloaded and then watch from about 14m onwards. Our car OK, but it shows the dangers of open wheel racing. Our car was chasing 2nd position overall, came across two backmarkers. One runs wide, the other dives to the right to take advantage without realising there is a car already there. Tristan sees him and keeps right as much as possible, but a bump spits him back onto the circuit. Tyres touch and its a red flag...

If it was saloons it would be a trip to the paddock for some T-Cut and buff out the damage.

A Montego dumped oil during the prevous race which explains the cement dust down. Marshals applied it pretty liberally though!

If you were racing against Ferraris in F1 you would have been black flagged ;) but that is one way to get past people

For me it has to be this sequence of 19 shots from the 2005 British Superbike Championship at Knockhill.

Lee Longden was highsided from his bike during the Supersport 600 race at the Real Radio Hairpin. The two following riders Lee Dickinson (47) and James Storrar (54) had nowhere to go and couldn't avoid hitting the stricken rider.

Miraculously, Lee suffered only bruising and was back on his bike racing soon afterwards.

Click HERE to view the full sequence (image is 1.2Mb in size)

_DSC0449%20copy.jpg

For me it has to be this sequence of 19 shots from the 2005 British Superbike Championship at Knockhill.

Lee Longden was highsided from his bike during the Supersport 600 race at the Real Radio Hairpin. The two following riders Lee Dickinson (47) and James Storrar (54) had nowhere to go and couldn't avoid hitting the stricken rider.

Miraculously, Lee suffered only bruising and was back on his bike racing soon afterwards.

Click HERE to view the full sequence (image is 1.2Mb in size)

:eek:

It's been a while since we've seen any additions here ... may be time to bump :shrug:?!

One of a sequence from last rounds of BTCC at Brands Hatch , John George's Honda Integra involved in a spectacular crash, luckily he escaped with "Heavy Bruising "
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii298/cmwynne/1D2N6212.jpg[/IMG]

I remember watching that on the TV, couldnt believe how hard he hit that tyre wall. All from a simple clip to his rear quarter aswell. Very well caught.

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC_0467.jpg

I was at a trackday at Donington Park when this guy got it wrong at Redgate, he was okay, got up and waved :D

Darren

Can I chuck a couple in please? One from Formula Fords, and one from Le Mans Classic.

Walter Hayes, 2007

1909155755_37d5ee179c.jpg

The unique jet engined Howmet goes scattering kitty litter.

2790112469_53a1cf5165.jpg

The scary bit is he left it running. Last I heard, gas turbines really, really don't like dust...

Back