Rob's 52 for 2011 - WEEK 9 - FINISH (ed)? (PHOTO ADDED!)

What a great capture that is! Completely natural and totally on theme! The sharpness of that shot is amazing and her eyes really stand out to me, nicely done (y)

I love week 3. That's really nice. It 'feels' velvety and warm. I really like that a lot. My ONLY criticism would be your font used for your name on it. It really takes a lot away from the shot. I know it's not image related, but it detracts from the presentation.

I know, just slap me :D

The 'open' shot, is a great capture, although the one thing I'd say is wrong is that the light is a bit harsh as it's blown out the skin tone a little bit, and that's being hyper critical.

Great shots so far though. Sadly, better than I can get :(

The expression in your week 4's portrait is brilliant, and the only thing I think I'd like to change, is to see her whole head including hair, and so the crop is a little too tight for my liking. Everything is great, lovely and sharp!

Well done

5404715831_dcbc734574_o.jpg

This weekend I was fortunate enough to be staying down near Penzance. I went on a walk to this beautiful cove called Lamorna Cove.

High quality granite was quarried here during the industrial revolution and was used in many famous constructions. Lamorna granite went up country to build the docks at Dover and Devonport, the lighthouses at Bishop Rock and Wolf Rock, breakwaters at Alderney and Portland. Buildings in London built from local granite include Lloyds Bank, New Zealand Bank, New Scotland Yard, steps to the National Gallery, the Embankment and the obelisk for the Great Exhibition.

I've tried to process this in a style to complement the feel of the place and the theme too.

Last edited:
Wow that image is stunning. I particluary like the completion and that sky is truly gorgeous, really well done.

Sent from my iPad using TP Forums

That is an amazing shot, the b & w really works. I've been there myself and it is a lovely spot, perfect for this weeks theme too (y)

Hiya Rob,

What a lovely photo and the bit of story you put with it adds to the image too.

I like the way you have got the big boulder on the left. Although the image looks a tad dark, I suppose that is what you wanted to achieve the moodiness of the area.

Indeed it must be hard to get to the houses, not to mention hard to live there.

Well done

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thanks for all the comments so far guys.
Busy week this week so grabbed this one down one of the back lanes near my house. Went for some retro grainy processing on it to try and make it a bit more interesting, not my strongest effort but they all count :- )

5428683697_2497a42566_o.jpg

Last edited:
Love the look with some good processing . Personally i think the 57 is a little distracting as my eyes keep going back to it, where as without it my eyes follow the contour of the street. But none the less a great pic.

Hiya Rob,

Agree, it is a great shot for this weeks theme.

I like the processing and it does add an age apeal to it. As already mentioned by others, I think if you cloned the 57 it would improve the image.

Well done

Cheers

Loving this weeks photo! The effect you have gone for is spot on, it really works! As for the numbering, I didn't notice it upon first glance, but did pick up on it everytime after it was mentioned! Give it a quick clone and I think your onto a winner! Very good!

Well done

Kris

Thanks for all the comments re: previous post. I've reprocessed it as requested without bin number :)
onto this weeks...

Had an awesome sunset last night and tonight. Managed to grab a couple quickly as the bottoms of the clouds caught fire last night. Unfortunately no interesting foreground to capture but in a way that was good. I decided to flip this photo as it reminded me of the perspective you get when you are flying.

I chose this for delicate (another loose take on the theme I know) as I was thinking about the environment, how delicate it is, and how slowly we are all moving to improve things.

We all try and do our bit but to really make a difference government and big corporations need to take a lead...which won't happen whilst theres oil :-(
5445310445_3c55ccd327_o.jpg

Hiya Rob,

Great take on the theme, especially after reading your expose with the pic.

Love the colours and cloud formation looks so powerful, yet so delicate.

Well done

You had me fooled there :LOL:. When I first looked at I thought it was taken from a plane - then read your blurb :bonk:

That's a great pic with some wonderful colours. Nice to see clouds filling a frame. Nicely exposed and focussed. Your take on the theme is thought provoking as well.

I very much like your week 5 and 6 pics too (y)

This has to have been the toughest one yet. Really struggled for ideas and inspiration and didn't really get out much due to work and weather. End it up with two contenders so thought I'd post them both as I think the b+w photo is the more chaotic but I definately prefer the colour photo as an image.

5481200919_89e1d18d8e_o.jpg

5481200611_f110de3aa5_o.jpg

That'd certainly be chaos for the poor sod who has to untangle it. :) Looking at it, I expect some old grizzled sea captain to be just off to the side wondering why you're taking photos of his nets.

Hiya Rob,

Both brilliant photos for the chaos week. Agree the b&w looks more chaotic, but the colour photo is just WOW! Beautiful colours are so vibrant and you have the composition and sharpness spot on. Also like the fact that you have rusty chain in the centre.

Well done :clap:

Cheers

Ok another really tough theme this week. I came up with this shot due to the whole story this week of Plymouth Argyle, my local football team (literally 5 minute walk from my house) and their plight with debts. They went into administration this week and has left people wondering how this will all end.

Very loose take on the theme but hey-ho.

Tried some retro processing on this pic

5498539985_2d7700011b_o.jpg

Hi, Rob, your chaos is chaotic, indeed. Quite a chaotic angle you chose for the first take and your crop really adds to the chaos...(y)

More orderly chaos in your second take but the contrast between the rusty cables and the green netting works well, again great crop.

Finished, good catch, although somewhat sad. Really like the perspective you chose and that you just squeezed in 'Plymouth...You' in.

Back