Rolandtrade: safe or fraud?

J'habite en france et moi aussi je me suis fait pièger début du mois. Aucune nouvelle, pas de réponse aux mails!!!
Comment une fraude peut-elle durer aussi longtemps?
Quoi faire pour réagir?

Hello everyone. :wave:
Sorry for my English, I am an Italian who lives in Rome.
I too have bought from Rolandtrade by bank transfer on 07/12/2009 and the order is "due to the supplier". :bang:
I hope REN 72 and MISS R let us know good news soon.

Je viens de communiquer le problème à la DGCCRF (Direction générale de la Concurrence et de Répression des Fraudes) EN FRANCE, j'attends de Leurs nouvelles et vous informerai.
Si un de vous Recevez votre commande, merci de nous le dire.

I still haven't received my camera yet but I did receive the following email:
Dear raluca,

Although 80% of our parcels have been delivered in 6 working days and 99% in 9 working days, we have to make this
announcement to inform all our customers due to this busy Christmas time.
From previous experiences, post office and shipment company may hold our parcels some days before they deliver during Christmas time.

1. Orders placed after 20th of November may be delayed a few working days (our normal delivery time 4-9 working days).
2. Orders placed after 1st of December will have 25% chance that will not be delivered before Christmas.
2. Orders placed after 10th of December will have 50% chance that will not be delivered before Christmas.

The thing is I am leving UK for the next month and I won't be able to check my mail so...I won't know anything by the middle of January... I hope Ren 72 will so we can all breathe easily:)...

Merry Christmas everyone!

I presume all the new members in this thread are here as a result of searching for info on this Rolandtrade company?

TBH - the whole thread seemed suspicious to me, so many new members with only one or two posts.

Gary.

Orders placed after 20th of November may be delayed a few working days (our normal delivery time 4-9 working days).
2. Orders placed after 1st of December will have 25% chance that will not be delivered before Christmas.
2. Orders placed after 10th of December will have 50% chance that will not be delivered before Christmas
Can anybody tell me, if somebody has received the ordered camera or lens yet:shrug:
If somebody is able to deliver such information, so we can hope further.
My bank officer told me, the only possibility to get back the money is, if the company allows a refund!!!
Have a good night Can

Bonsoir à tous,

Tanpis si la livraison est après Noël, le principal est de recevoir la marchandise.

Le premier à être livré doit informer la communauté.

Merci à tous

I presume all the new members in this thread are here as a result of searching for info on this Rolandtrade company?

TBH - the whole thread seemed suspicious to me, so many new members with only one or two posts.

Gary.
If you Google "Rolandtrade" this thread is second on the list... not surprising that concerned people are turning up here.

Gary.

Maybe then again maybe people joined to say they are in same boat so to say.

The emails states "From previous experiences, post office and shipment company may hold our parcels some days before they deliver during Christmas time"

But i'm sure on page 1 someone checked up and domain only registered this year so they can't have pervious experience of xmas unless i was asleep and one passed by.

My messages English translation

I live in FRANCE and me too I got pièger beginning of the month. No news, no response to emails! How can a fraud take so long? How do you respond?
I have just communicate the problem to the (Directorate General competition and repression of fraud) DGCCRF EN FRANCE, I expect their new and inform you. If one of you receive your order, please tell us.
Good evening at all,
Tanpis if delivery is after Christmas, the main is to receive the goods.
The first to be delivered shall inform the community. Thanks to all

Are there already people on this forum who have received their package from Rolandtrade?:(

Pater Claus - Father Claus - Father Christmas?

Seem's to me to be 100% rip off fraud site.

Caveat Emptor.

K7 for 700 euro's?

Just looking at the site, the English is appalling - seems like been written in native language then translated via a free internet page translator.....

Je viens de communiquer le problème à la DGCCRF (Direction générale de la Concurrence et de Répression des Fraudes) EN FRANCE, j'attends de Leurs nouvelles et vous informerai.
Si un de vous Recevez votre commande, merci de nous le dire.

Hélas, je suis dans le même cas, pour une commande que j'ai passé le 30 novembre. Je ne suis pas encore arrivé à joindre le service consommation de la DGCCRF, mais j'insiste. Y a-t-il un numéro d'enregistrement de votre réclamation qui me permettrait de leur demander de grouper nos démarches?

[QUOTE = Peter Stony; 2154438] Hélas, je suis dans le même cas, Pour une commande que j'ai passé le 30 novembre. Je ne suis pas encore arrivé à joindre le service consommation de la DGCCRF, j'insiste mais. Y at-il un numéro d'enregistrement de votre réclamation qui me permettrait DE LEUR DEMANDER DE mérou nos démarches? [/ QUOTE]

No, I do not at present case #, but I have only just pass items. I would like you to know

I came across a similar site, offering Canon cameras at very suspicious prices (Canon 5D Mark II for 1'381 Euros):

www.dixdigital.com

I didn't order, so I cannot say it's a fraud, but I though I would share it anyway, given the similarities with the Rolandtrade case.

Did anybody successfully ordered from them?

I came across a similar site, offering Canon cameras at very suspicious prices (Canon 5D Mark II for 1'381 Euros):

www.dixdigital.com

I didn't order, so I cannot say it's a fraud, but I though I would share it anyway, given the similarities with the Rolandtrade case.

They say they started in Rotterdam, United Kingdom, their London address is EMI's offices ... draw your own conclusions

www.dixdigital.com

That is 101% a scam site.

www.dixdigital.com

If you google some of the phrases on their About Us page you will find its been lifted wholesale from another website with their name inserted at key points.

photo plod thanks I still have not received the goods boy I wait 2 or 3 days longer happens and see if we can not contact to report a greeting

Last edited:
Hi there,
I´m new ROLANDTRADE member.
My status was "Order Shipped" from 15.12.2009.
They get my bank transfer 26.11.2009. I get also all other messages about packing, waiting...lalala:D
Peter Claus also confirm my payment, and he also replay on my questions about delivery.

If you open rolandtrade today....hm:D. My Order History is empty...WTF:D.
So, vesloveslac contact me, I think that we have something common to do:D

The prices have all gone from the site and most of the pictures; I would be even more worried if I had bought from them now...

Hello to all of you,
Unfortunately I have to say I am one of the victim of rolandtrade too. Unfortunately I live in Bulgaria and here in my country our police department has a lot of other problems and nobody wants to listen me with my problem. So if someone of you have any information, receive a product or if someone take back his money please let we know too how he succeed. Moreover I payed 570 euro for camera and for my country this is an incredible value. :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

For a little more information I payed in 29.11 and till today my status is order chiped. At the begginig I didn't warry because on the official site of rolandtrade is wrote that for some destination the delivery could take 2-4 weeks but later when I saw your forum I understand that may be I am a victim too. It's realy incredible that they are still on line and nobody still react.

Moreover, I have to say that I wrote a lot of e-mails and never had the answer and then I started to search in i-net and I found your forum.
At the begginig when I made my bank transfer I had an invoice that I payed 570 euro now all the time when I open my invoice on line it's wrote 0 euro :(:(

Last edited:
My status is now ZERO!!!
This was the best gift for Christmas :bonk::bonk::bonk:
We all should forget about the delivery!!!

My status is now ZERO!!!
This was the best gift for Christmas :bonk::bonk::bonk:
We all should forget about the delivery!!!

But I safe all my invoice and order using Print screen options and I have all safe on my PC but now I am wandering what I can do with this. Do somebody can give me an advice? May be if I sent all my safe documents to Interpol or ... I don't know. I know we have to say bye bye of our money but minimum to make this company to suffer. :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Just looked at the site for the first time and saw that it's hosted on godaddy. Godaddy are well known for hosting spammers and scammers, the net is full of complaints about them.

Too good to be true - yes, by a long way. I think it's time to 'put it down to experience'.

If goods have been ordered using a credit card then attempt a claim through the card but be aware that some of these card 'guarantees' don't hold for cross-border purchasing.

Otherwise, forget about it and move on. All you can do is post any evidence you have to the Police in The Hague but do not expect a happy ending.

Hi everyone, sorry for my English...(French here)

I'm a new one in here and I have been reading all your posts for several weeks.
First of all I want to tank’s every one for letting a lot of people know about your personal experience.
I'm also a "client" of Roland trade and I order a D90+50mm 1:4 that I will probably never see.
I went through all the steps hopping to get my order but yesterday I noticed, just like other, that my account was empty!
And today I can't access to the site: just like it never existed!!!

I believe that today I have to accept that I financed I guy or a company that moved money from one place to another. I only wish this stolen money will not be used to kill children in an unnecessary war.:shake:

From now on I would like to know what you are planning to do.
Is there any way that we could unite all the victims and create kind of an association to sue Roland trade or is there only countries solution to try to get back some dignity?:rules:

Pour les Français: j’ai cru voir quelque part que vous avez contacté un organisme français des fraudes. Avez-vous eu un retour de leur part où pas ?
N’hésitez pas à me contacter à ce sujet.

Last edited:
My order status is now "ready for dispatch"!...but honestly I think they are just saying this so I can't go to the police sooner!

Hey everyone,
I often use the rule "if it seems too good to be true, it is probably NOT true"... unfortunately in this case I was so stupid and excited, that I thought I'd go ahead and try it out..

I could not find any forums before buying so I decided to take the risk. I placed an order with RolandTrade on Nov20 and used a wire-transfer for the payment. :clap: :bang:

I was monitoring the progress of my order and actually could see that between Nov20 and Dec7 the steps were (as far as I remember - unfortunately I did not take screenshots) - Due from supplier - Being packed - Ready for dispatch - Dispatched - Order Shipped.
Since December 8th the order status has not changed and famous Peter Claus has not responded to many of my emails. (I have all his emails - so at least could use that one for evidence).

I am ready to file a police report and agree with everyone who was silly like myself to file a "group" report if that proves to be more effective. In this forum I am therefore looking for buyers from Belgium - unless anyone suggests that a "cross-boarder" report can be collected among users from various countries..

Anyone - please let me know if you have any news or suggestions. By the way the web site of rolandtrade seems to have been shut down now :shake:
I am going to my bank now to see the options there are to make a "reverse- transfer" - however impossible I believe that may be..

Thank you and hear from anyone soon,

Jiri

Hello
I'm in the same case, French too.
My english il so bad so I can't participate in you discuss but if you know what to do, thanks to share !!
Merry Xmas :(

Anybody any :help: "success" stories with police intervening in these cases?
Just to cheer up those of us who have been silly enough to go fo this great deal...
Thank you

bazoka!!!

i allready reported this to my local policeand so should all other do aswell.if there is a posibility that we all can act together i am in.....
i have nothig to loose:)

Hello, sorry for my bad english. I am from Romania and i wanted to order from rolandtrade.com a ORDER No #13525044 from 25-11-2009 a

- Nikon Nikon 70-300mm,F4.5-5.6G, IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom for Nikon (1)
- Nikon D90 Black (1)
Order Total: 756.00 euro
DHL/DHL Express (3-7 days)

PAYMENT Bank Transfer

Our bank details are as follows:
Bank Name: Halifax PLC

Bank Address:
129 Abbey Street
Nuneaton, CV11 5BZ
United Kingdom

Account Name: Rolandtrade
Swift/Bic Code: BOFSGB2S
IBAN Code: GB46 BOFS 1105 7801 0222 14
Reference: Ref 13525044

But i dont make the tranfer for some resons:

1. Domain: rolandtrade.com visit site External Website
World Rank: #1,166,802
Estimate Value: $2,081 USD
Estimate Income Per Day: $3 USD
Estimate Visits Per Day 950 information
Hosting Country: Taiwan, Province of China
Website IP: 59.125.229.69
Alexa Rank: 1,168,854 visit alexa External Website
Google Pagerank: Google Pagerank 0 - Put this button on your website! *NEW*
Google Index: 153 links show google links External Website
Yahoo Index: 21 links show yahoo links External Website
History: visit WayBackMachine External Website
Domain Tools: Robots | Hostname | Headers | Trace | Services Status | Ping | DNS

WOW and is a big SCAM Site and i almost fall for it.

Wach out for this to:

Domain name: dixdigital.com

Registrant Contact:
DIX LIMITED
Joseph Roth ()

Fax:
27 WRIGHTS LANE
London, London W8 5SW
GB

Administrative Contact:
DIX LIMITED
Joseph Roth (joseph_roth@consultant.com)
+44.2086599456
Fax: +1.5555555555
27 WRIGHTS LANE
London, London W8 5SW
GB

Technical Contact:
DIX LIMITED
Joseph Roth (joseph_roth@consultant.com)
+44.2086599456
Fax: +1.5555555555
27 WRIGHTS LANE
London, London W8 5SW
GB

Name Servers:
ns1.dixdigital.com
ns2.dixdigital.com

Creation date: 21 Aug 2009 15:51:47
Expiration date: 21 Aug 2010 15:51:47

I dont now how to HELP , im so sorry !!!

Last edited:
Back