Show us yer film shots then!

Erik,

What a lovely portrait. Great idea on shooting outside and the reflection of the evidently well maintained garden. There is an unwritten sadness and poignancy in the composition and his expression that I find quite moving. And provoking an emotion like that is difficult to achieve and praiseworthy.

Great work

Thank you very much Steve, that's a great compliment.

Thank you all for your kind comments. Paul - I scanned it with my humble Epson V500. I don't know if it's just psychological, but I do seem to be able to get noticeably more detail from the Mamiya 7 compared with my other medium format cameras.

No secrets as such Mark, but yes I do try and over-expose it a bit. I think I used the camera meter set at 40 and pointed towards the slate in this one. Usually though I tend to use a Sekonic 308 incident meter, again set at ISO 40, and just hold it facing the camera in the light of whatever I want to be properly exposed - so usually metering for the main subject/foreground, and if the sky would otherwise be too bright I use an ND grad. Come to think of it, I've hardly ever over-exposed Velvia, but have lost lots of shots through under-exposure, so definitely think it's worth erring on the side of caution. Hope that helps!

Lovely shot. I was a die hard portra fan but will give a few rolls of velvia a go.

^^^ lucky Vivian.....:D

my daughter on ilford hp5+ dev with id11

img003_Copy_.jpg

this is tonge pond and mill ,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/domesday/dblock/GB-592000-162000/page/19

img024_Copy_.jpg

there is a war memorial just behind where this picture was taken ( from )

img027_Copy_.jpg

its worth noticing the two crosses on the left and the names on them ( jack miller HMS bluebell,stoker . james miller HMS hood ,stoker ..) so much pain in the world because of war ,,why do we still do it ?
and for some families twice the pain :crying:

lovely portrait of your daughter.

I had to scroll down to fit the roof shot in and my eyes exploded :D

thanks ash ,,,its one ive never got round to printing ,,im just about to order some 9.5 x 12 paper ,i'll have to make the effort to get it printed

I've just run a roll of Fuji C200 :thumbsdown: through the Yashica Electro 35MC I bought last week.

Untitled by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

This was as much to test for light leaks as the camera metering in pretty tough conditions and I've got to say that the auto-metering is awesome! As much as I normally prefer medium format and more manual control, there's something quite relaxing about trusting a tiny 35mm to make the metering decisions. Probably the hardest test was on Thursday evening when I went 330ft up to the top of the Anglican Cathedral tower in Liverpool with my digital kit (Sony NEX5/tripod) and tried out the 35MC at the same time;

Sony NEX, tripod mounted

Liverpool City from the Cathedral by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Yashica 35MC - Handheld, around 2 second exposure

Yashica Electro 35MC by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

I then headed down to the Protestant Cathedral in Liverpool and shot the bright university building opposite. Again, handheld and auto-metered in complete darkness

On Friday I headed down to the Mersey coastline and took a few shots looking across to Liverpool. I decided to convert this to B&W because I'm not a huge fan of the C200 colours (the only 35mm I could get hold off quickly!)

The last shot was actually the first I took with it. Shot at F2.8 and estimating the distance as the camera uses zone focussing I'm really impressed by the sharpness of the lens.

Anyway, I should have my silver/black version of this on Monday so i'll have to decide which one I'm keeping :)

Cheers
Steve

I've just run a roll of Fuji C200 :thumbsdown: through the Yashica Electro 35MC I bought last week. http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevelloyd/10456445414/ Untitled by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr This was as much to test for light leaks as the camera metering in pretty tough conditions and I've got to say that the auto-metering is awesome! As much as I normally prefer medium format and more manual control, there's something quite relaxing about trusting a tiny 35mm to make the metering decisions. Probably the hardest test was on Thursday evening when I went 330ft up to the top of the Anglican Cathedral tower in Liverpool with my digital kit (Sony NEX5/tripod) and tried out the 35MC at the same time; Sony NEX, tripod mounted http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevelloyd/10466178443/ Liverpool City from the Cathedral by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr Yashica 35MC - Handheld, around 2 second exposure http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevelloyd/10500036244/ Yashica Electro 35MC by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr I then headed down to the Protestant Cathedral in Liverpool and shot the bright university building opposite. Again, handheld and auto-metered in complete darkness http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevelloyd/10500030184/ Yashica Electro 35MC by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr On Friday I headed down to the Mersey coastline and took a few shots looking across to Liverpool. I decided to convert this to B&W because I'm not a huge fan of the C200 colours (the only 35mm I could get hold off quickly!) http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevelloyd/10500002985/ Yashica Electro 35MC by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr The last shot was actually the first I took with it. Shot at F2.8 and estimating the distance as the camera uses zone focussing I'm really impressed by the sharpness of the lens. http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevelloyd/10500236963/ Yashica Electro 35MC by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr Anyway, I should have my silver/black version of this on Monday so i'll have to decide which one I'm keeping :) Cheers Steve

Bad luck on the C200 :(

On the other hand it looks like you've got a cracker there, I love the Yashica rangefinders. What size filter thread does it have? I have a set of w/a & tele lens attachments and think they must be for the MG or MC as they didn't fit my Electro GTN

Bad luck on the C200 :(

On the other hand it looks like you've got a cracker there, I love the Yashica rangefinders. What size filter thread does it have? I have a set of w/a & tele lens attachments and think they must be for the MG or MC as they didn't fit my Electro GTN

Lol, thanks for the sympathy Nick ;) I think the C200 deserves a slow death at the hands of a really bright light (before it's been developed!)

With regards to the filter size, looking at the manual online it takes 46mm filters. I've just found that Mr Cad is selling a 35MC with the Tele adaptor, does yours look like this?

http://www.mrcad.co.uk/CarouselProd...ategory=191&manufacturer=Yashica&subcategory=

I agree about the Yashica rangefinders. I've had a couple of Electro 35 GT's and always been impressed with their output but they're not exactly pocket sized. I've never even heard of the 35MC until I came across one the other day on Ebay and, as per F&C that then set me on the road to buying 2...

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Well I like em...was flash used in the last one ?

Flash.....?.
I wouldn't even know where to put a flash on that camera :LOL:
Took me a while to figure out what I was meant to do with the info in the viewfinder..... never tried film, nor a manual lens before then.....
No phone signal meant I couldn't check the online manual for it.... so I was glad I got something.

Flash.....?.
I wouldn't even know where to put a flash on that camera :LOL:
Took me a while to figure out what I was meant to do with the info in the viewfinder..... never tried film, nor a manual lens before then.....
No phone signal meant I couldn't check the online manual for it.... so I was glad I got something.

Well it was a very good first attempt and the exposure looks ok to me...meters like subjects that are grey :)

Lomo LC-A+, With Kodak Plus X 5231 Motion picture film.

I didn't realise that Plus X was a motion picture film but I suppose it makes sense as Double X is for motion pictures.

I used some Double X a couple of years ago and liked it. Is Plus X just a different speed rating?

Steve.

I didn't realise that Plus X was a motion picture film but I suppose it makes sense as Double X is for motion pictures.

I used some Double X a couple of years ago and liked it. Is Plus X just a different speed rating?

Steve.

From what I can gather there was the Plus-X for still photography and the Plus-X 5231 was for motion pictures. Same with Velvia there is/was a motion picture variant called Velvia 8540.

This film though is what they used in Raging Bull and Schindlers List.

Last edited:
First try at stitching together two photo's found it difficult, but, enjoyable.

Found a load of old negatives in a cupboard, including an ancient 127. Turns out it was my Mum's from a school trip to Belgium, here she is, with a little tank...

Back