Show us yer film shots then!

From what I can gather there was the Plus-X for still photography and the Plus-X 5231 was for motion pictures. Same with Velvia there is/was a motion picture variant called Velvia 8540.

This film though is what they used in Raging Bull and Schindlers List.

Both Plus-X's were based on the same film just very slightly different but their actually no longer available in either format sadly, Double-X negative and Tri-X positive are the only B&W products that Kodak produce in motion picture format now (which only makes economic sense considering how little B&W motion picture film probably gets used :thumbsdown:)

Paul, I really like that, it has a rather quirky surreal quality! I also always love to see Agfa Vista put to good use.

These two inebriated characters spotted my Bronica as I was walking past and begged me to take a photo of them with it. This is the resulting image:

These two inebriated characters spotted my Bronica as I was walking past and begged me to take a photo of them with it. This is the resulting image:

Now I don't want to make assumptions but was this taken not long after the pub opened?

Love the Roaches shots Lee, must try and get up there soon.

Here's one from the Arboretum Large Format meet last sunday, taken on medium format as I'm not big and strong like those LF guys. Mamiya C330f, Mamiya Sekor 55mm on Fuji Velvia 100

Leaves
by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Like the Roaches shots, Simon, especially 2 and 4. Teeny bit of over-sharpening there in no 4, Simon? Still nice though!

Andy, those leaves are terrific! a 1024 pixel square looks much better than a rectangle, and the colours are huge. BTW, I looked at Flickr and then the exif; it appears you uploaded it to Flickr before you took it (presumably scanned it)! Bizarre....

Love the Roaches shots Lee, must try and get up there soon.

Here's one from the Arboretum Large Format meet last sunday, taken on medium format as I'm not big and strong like those LF guys. Mamiya C330f, Mamiya Sekor 55mm on Fuji Velvia 100

Leaves
by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Fantastic colours Andy (y)

I am currently trying out Xsane scanning software for Linux and this is the first piece of film I have scanned using it with my Epson Perfection 4870.

Ilford FP4+ developed in Prescysol. 6x6 image from a Rolleicord V.

No post processing - this is straight from the scanner.

I am very impressed with it. I'm getting much better results than I did using Epson's software.

10596343985_b388640b86_c.jpg

Steve.

Last edited:
I thought I would post some shots taken with the expired FP4 that Suz (SRichards) kindly gave me at the Llandudno meet. Iwas pretty happy with it. All shot at 100 on the Pentax MX.

I started with a walk along the Water of Leith, which runs through the heart of Edinburgh, from over near the rugby stadium. So this is urban Edinburgh:

From very near the same spot:

Later I went for a walk round Arthur's Seat. Nothing remarkable about this shot of the top loch, except that for ince I managed to expose for the shadows and get some detail in the rock face (and still a bit in the sky):

Possible another day, from the same road, looking out towards the Pentlands, nice mist and cloud:

And finally, in the museum:

I hope you like them. They all look a bit huge without the auto-shrink approach in the old forum!

Steve, that has scanned really well; lovely range of tones and plenty of detail despite the mistiness.

I am currently trying out Xsane scanning software for Linux and this is the first piece of film I have scanned using it with my Epson Perfection 4870.

Ilford FP4+ developed in Prescysol. 6x6 image from a Rolleicord V.

No post processing - this is straight from the scanner.

I am very impressed with it. I'm getting much better results than I did using Epson's software.

10596343985_b388640b86_c.jpg

Steve.

That's really good....I'm a sucker for tree shots.

I thought I would post some shots taken with the expired FP4 that Suz (SRichards) kindly gave me at the Llandudno meet. Iwas pretty happy with it. All shot at 100 on the Pentax MX.

I started with a walk along the Water of Leith, which runs through the heart of Edinburgh, from over near the rugby stadium. So this is urban Edinburgh:

Later I went for a walk round Arthur's Seat. Nothing remarkable about this shot of the top loch, except that for ince I managed to expose for the shadows and get some detail in the rock face (and still a bit in the sky):

Possible another day, from the same road, looking out towards the Pentlands, nice mist and cloud:

I hope you like them. They all look a bit huge without the auto-shrink approach in the old forum!

ChrisR, I really like numbers 2 and 3 of your set of images.....
I can't quote your post either, as when I hit reply, it gives an error....
Edit...I can now for some reason

Last edited:

Chris a very engaging set of images, very nice range of tones in the all. I particularly like the last two.

some flowers, a mix of MF and LF, ilford delta 100 and Kodak TMax 100

They're a bit good aren't they.

I started with a walk along the Water of Leith, which runs through the heart of Edinburgh, from over near the rugby stadium. So this is urban Edinburgh

Nice set Chris.

Thanks everyone; I forgot to add that for this roll I used an orange filter; a bit less light-consuming than the red filter I used at Llandudno, but still some nice effects. I should probably learn to be a bit more discriminating than just sticking a filter on and leaving it there!

Well I always had in mind that Kodak Ultramax 400 was a nice film and found one roll recently in the freezer expired in 2010 (probably bought at a boot sale :) ) so thought I'd try it again......anyway I think the colours are quite good also the grain.

I thought this was amusing as it was in the middle of a canal that boats are using:-

First attempt at any pinhole photography, testing my "camera" to use with the quarter plates. Framing is as difficult as I expected and I complete forgot about reciprocity failure so this was about 90s under exposed; thank goodness for stand developing and lightroom! I cut a length of Gp3 and tapped it to the lid of the coffee canister, there are quite a few tape marks and finger prints from trying to wrestle that stupidly curly film into place.

2013-11-Pinhole-GP3
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Back