Show us yer film shots then!

Welcome Ryan, once you're in you can never leave! I really liked no 2, lovely direct gaze and amusement.

this is my first post in the film forum. managed to acquire an OM-2n with various lenses around June/July time and have been really enjoying using it. in fact, i havent used my dslr for some time now. here is a small selection of pictures i have taken with it so far:

Farm
by Ryan Shiels, on Flickr

Toys

Bed

Thought

Ryan, welcome to F&C. You've clearly a good eye. #3 is a cracker.

this is my first post in the film forum. managed to acquire an OM-2n with various lenses around June/July time and have been really enjoying using it. in fact, i havent used my dslr for some time now. here is a small selection of pictures i have taken with it so far:

Farm

Toys

Bed

Thought
Ryan welcome. Great set of images you are certainly putting that OM2n to good use

Really like this shot, great composition and range of tones. It also has gives the impression that it could be a shot fro another time. Just bought some LC 29 too so looking forward to using it.

Thank you Adrian. Your kind comments much appreciated.

If you are a "slow user" of developer and find your LC29 turning tea coloured, be assured it still works just fine.

Like most developers it doesn't take nicely to exposure to the air.

I drop marbles into my concentrate bottle to displace the air which helps to lengthen the time before the developer starts to "turn".

Only ever done it with LC29 as i go through Rodinal much faster but i suspect the idea will work fine with any concentrate tbh.

thank you for the positive feedback chaps.

Jao - i just had a quick browse through your flickr and i love the shots from koln. the colours seem to really pop. have you done anything to them in pp or is this style purely from the film used? what film was it?

Last edited:
Out last night to finish off a roll of Adox CHS 100 film in a c.1930 Folding MayFair camera.

Shot this local fountain:

View attachment 608

Just had my mrs witter about how cool her fone pic was so for comparison:

View attachment 594

Last edited:
Well I have to say I'm impressed with how this basic folder performs......much better than my mrs fone camera me thinks :p

Here's another from the same roll:

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Last edited:
Hey guys,

My film photos always tend to look a little soft. I can't figure out what part of the process is causing this or if it is more of an equipment issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

PICT0087
by Jordon "ForceGhost" Brooker, on Flickr

Could be a host of things but it's generally accepted that the scanning stage is a weak link.

If your the images recorded on your negs are sharp then i would look at your scanner and it's settings.

Nice shots asha, folder definitely beat the iPhone in that one. Not having to worry about white balance probably doesn't hurt.

Nice shots asha, folder definitely beat the iPhone in that one. Not having to worry about white balance probably doesn't hurt.

Thanks Steveo .... glad you like (y)

I always beat the mrs:eek: ......NOT litterally!!! :D:D

No white balance to deal with like you say nor any hiccups with recipricol failure, in fact adox chs film have very little adjustment compared to some film such as Fomopan or FP4 !!

10697017304_79de8a520c.jpg

Abstract Locks! Cologne , taken with my 1957 Rolleicord V, wide open on Fuji Velvia, processed and scanned by AG and tweaked in LR4 I

ah, the Bonette is definitely on my bucket list, albeit for the bike rather than photographicallly... I'd certainly not be schlepping the Bronica up there on the bike - it probably weighs more than the bike does...

Thanks Steveo .... glad you like (y)

I always beat the mrs:eek: ......NOT litterally!!! :D:D

No white balance to deal with like you say nor any hiccups with recipricol failure, in fact adox chs film have very little adjustment compared to some film such as Fomopan or FP4 !!

Might need to get me some adox next time then!

ah, the Bonette is definitely on my bucket list, albeit for the bike rather than photographicallly... I'd certainly not be schlepping the Bronica up there on the bike - it probably weighs more than the bike does...

Go for it my good man....230km round trip there and back from my home with the best part of 3000 meters of climbing :puke:

and yes I've done it (y)

Last batch from the MayFair.

All taken on route up to the Col de la Bonette which holds host to being the highest asphalted road in France and is the highest through road in Europe....more info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Col_de_la_bonette

The last shot is taken from the summit.

That looks like a hell of a bike ride, not sure I'd take the Rb67 but it would be same not too. Nicely shot too.

That looks like a hell of a bike ride, not sure I'd take the Rb67 but it would be same not too. Nicely shot too.

Yep it is one hell of a ride to do in one day BUT soooooo satisfying. The beauty seen by your eyes takes the mind away from thee aches in the legs and everywhere else for that matter!:D

Out last night to finish off a roll of Adox CHS 100 film in a c.1930 Folding MayFair camera.

Shot this local fountain:

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Just had my mrs witter about how cool her fone pic was so for comparison:

View attachment 594

Asha,

Adox is just a great film,every time I see it I think to myself,must get some,then I see the price. :(.

That Mayfair is doing a great job with Adox or is it the other way around,does not matter as your shot is from the top drawer,great tones,great contrast and it is a great composition.

Also Asha,the MRS does not witter,they always prattle and it is the best prattle we can ever hear, having said that I think Pauline,s phone pic is a very good representation of your Mayfair.

Well done asha,its good to see you getting out late at night. ;)

Asha,

Adox is just a great film,every time I see it I think to myself,must get some,then I see the price. :(.

Yes it has become quite expensive...... This was one of my last rolls from a batch i purchased some time ago.

Tbh I've had some decent long exposure night shots using fomapan 100 which is ( or at least was) cheap ..... has some very long adjustment times for recipricol failure though.

That Mayfair is doing a great job with Adox or is it the other way around,does not matter as your shot is from the top drawer,great tones,great contrast and it is a great composition.

Quite a basic camera Richard, two apertures, one instant shutter speed plus B & T......... To look at, it gives an impression that it has little to offer other than a nice ornament but in reality it can give a reasonable result.

Also Asha,the MRS does not witter,they always prattle and it is the best prattle we can ever hear, having said that I think Pauline,s phone pic is a very good representation of your Mayfair.

Oh she's going to love you sticking up for her! :D

Witter / Prattle....all the same to me :LOL: but I agree it's nice to listen to ( occasionally! :D) from the ones we love.

Well done asha,its good to see you getting out late at night. ;)

So long as I'm accompanied, Im allowed out occasionally :p :D

Yes it has become quite expensive...... This was one of my last rolls from a batch i purchased some time ago.

Tbh I've had some decent long exposure night shots using fomapan 100 which is ( or at least was) cheap ..... has some very long adjustment times for recipricol failure though.

Quite a basic camera Richard, two apertures, one instant shutter speed plus B & T......... To look at, it gives an impression that it has little to offer other than a nice ornament but in reality it can give a reasonable result.

Oh she's going to love you sticking up for her! :D

Witter / Prattle....all the same to me :LOL: but I agree it's nice to listen to ( occasionally! :D) from the ones we love.

So long as I'm accompanied, Im allowed out occasionally :p :D

You do make me smile, looking forward to March.

I can finally read F&C without feeling a fraud - I have my first film back from AG Photolab. It took 15 days post-to-post, but it looks like they've done a really nice job.

Battered Yashica-Mat that I got from a friend for free, Portra 160. A couple exhibited camera shake, so I think my nice tripod next time, rather than a monopod. Some of the 12 were, on reflection, less considered and more "take 12 so you can have it developed!", so I need to be more conservative with my next roll.

Super-happy with some of them, though!

by Arfonfab, on Flickr

by Arfonfab, on Flickr

by Arfonfab, on Flickr

Man on Bench, Barry Island
by Arfonfab, on Flickr

Last edited:
I can finally read F&C without feeling a fraud - I have my first film back from AG Photolab. It took 15 days post-to-post, but it looks like they've done a really nice job.

Battered Yashica-Mat that I got from a friend for free, Portra 160. A couple exhibited camera shake, so I think my nice tripod next time, rather than a monopod. Some of the 12 were, on reflection, less considered and more "take 12 so you can have it developed!", so I need to be more conservative with my next roll.

Super-happy with some of them, though!

by Arfonfab, on Flickr

by Arfonfab, on Flickr

by Arfonfab, on Flickr

by Arfonfab, on Flickr

Welcome Keith,

Battered cameras, aged and weathered togs , O.O.D film or whatever ....all add to the shot! :p

Lovely set of results.....The first one is superb!(y)

Next, you'll be deving at home......

Welcome Keith,

Battered cameras, aged and weathered togs , O.O.D film or whatever ....all add to the shot! :p

Lovely set of results.....The first one is superb!(y)

Next, you'll be deving at home......

Thanks Asha!

Funny you should mention that. I was looking at those film changing bags on eBay last night. Also a Braun Paxette and an Ensign folder, although I manage to go to bed before putting bids on. This time . . .

(Oh god.)

Thanks Asha!

Funny you should mention that. I was looking at those film changing bags on eBay last night. Also a Braun Paxette and an Ensign folder, although I manage to go to bed before putting bids on. This time . . .

(Oh god.)

Yessssssss!......................another victim trapped in the GAS infected f&c lounge :D

Hi Keith some excellent shots there, especially like the first one. Top work.

Andy

Just to prove it still works (it hasn't been used in 2 years!) I got my ME out and fired through some Superia 1600 to see what it was like. Not a bad film at all, really good with a variety of lighting and always looks natural even if there is a colour cast.

Outdoors in rain...

1412643_10201826707005957_1933772537_o.jpg

Under fluorescent strip light

1398348_10201826704005882_1890997621_o.jpg

904400_10201826705765926_488995655_o.jpg

1461389_10201826708846003_1582666092_n.jpg

Mixed daylight and tungsten

1450984_10201826714446143_575646329_n.jpg

and back out in the rain

738395_10201826710446043_1229106748_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some handsome looking dogs there Alan :cool:

Some shots from 4 rolls i got back today :)

10730911693_f30c88b14f_c.jpg

10730933633_8dbb1af060_c.jpg

10730750146_56b32b2f90_c.jpg

10730712003_7fc9ec50b4_c.jpg

10730958743_0e4037d797_c.jpg

10730318205_b356d1c9fb_c.jpg

Last edited:
Just to prove it still works (it hasn't been used in 2 years!) I got my ME out and fired through some Superia 1600 to see what it was like. Not a bad film at all, really good with a variety of lighting and always looks natural even if there is a colour cast.

Outdoors in rain...

1412643_10201826707005957_1933772537_o.jpg

Under fluorescent strip light

1398348_10201826704005882_1890997621_o.jpg

904400_10201826705765926_488995655_o.jpg

1461389_10201826708846003_1582666092_n.jpg

Mixed daylight and tungsten

1450984_10201826714446143_575646329_n.jpg

and back out in the rain

738395_10201826710446043_1229106748_o.jpg

Gorgeous dogs Alan, i'm tempted to get some of this film, colours look lovely

I can finally read F&C without feeling a fraud - I have my first film back from AG Photolab. It took 15 days post-to-post, but it looks like they've done a really nice job.. Some of the 12 were, on reflection, less considered and more "take 12 so you can have it developed!", so I need to be more conservative with my next roll.

Nice set, I know what yo mean about almost wasting shots just to get the roll done seems I keep getting bigger and bigger negatives so I concentrate on a single image per composition and still get a roll done in less than a month.

I thought I'd add some from the borrowed Mamiya 645, that I'd been saving up to use for my 52 (only one actually used). This is TriX.

1) Cockenzie power station in the distance

2) Cockenzie from the East, twice cropped. This was my 52 submission for the theme "power". The second crop arose from comments on the 52, and was an improvement over the original, I think.

3) Ancient wreck on the beach near Longniddry Bents

Still haven't made up my mind about this camera! The WLF is MUCH clearer and easier to use than the one on my Autocord...

Reactions: Jao
Does this count? Just stumbled on it... will need to get a decent photo of it now.
1450266_10152038653702962_315976331_n.jpg

Back