Show us yer film shots then!

Really lovely shot, really engaging composition, great monochrome range of tones and excellent detail, a top shot all round!

Thank you for very much your comment Adrian....

In fact thank you for all the likes.... it's an image I've sat and looked at for a few days debating whether it was worth posting.

Particularly like the last one Chris.

I am drawn to wide angle............ if the pentax 28mm is like the nikon, you can hyperfocal at F/8 and use as a p&s as everything from about 1.5m to infinity is in focus!

Thanks Asha. I haven't tried hyperfocal yet; however, all my higher-end Pentax-M lenses share the same "issue", an extremely smooth (almost loose) focus ring. Take your hand off the focus ring to adjust the aperture, and you've probably lost focus! I ended up with a very firm grip trying to nail focus just before taking the shot. I think to use the hyperfocal trick you'd either have to be on a tripod or have a focus ring with much more resistance.

BTW Wojtek made a particular point of the focus screen for this MX, that he had specially hunted out; it doesn't have the split prism. He said it made focusing much easier. It seemed fine with the 28, but I haven't really tried with longer lenses yet...

A few more from the Arboretum and firstly some from the F100 on Acros 100 at a family dinner.

Steve
by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Chocolate-Chops3

And from the Mamiya C330f on Velvia 100

Tree

And on Acros 100, trying to be arty and show the wind blowing on this one

Wind2

Andy

Nice!...The first 2 are my favs, i love black and white portraits, the little girl looks like she's enjoying that

A few more from the Arboretum and firstly some from the F100 on Acros 100 at a family dinner.

Steve

And on Acros 100, trying to be arty and show the wind blowing on this one

Wind2

Andy

The first and last are crackers Andy, the tones and contrast in the first are just perfect, the combination of the F100 and Acros is bang on and that Mamiya just shows you don't need colour film to get the best out the autumn, brilliant (y)

Tragic light leaking with this one, roll didn't really roll and most of the roll was fogged but salvaged this and another. If you don't look too close you can ignore the frame numbers.

Shot with my new Noon 6x12 pinhole camera, you don't half feel silly with a block of wood on a tripod...

2013-11-FP4-Noon001
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Last edited:
^^^ Oh I like that.

Last edited:
My wife's grandaughter. Which, as some of my friends kindly pointed out on our wedding day in July this year, makes me a step-grandfather!

Mark

Very good, I like the light very much, I guess this was with the Hasselblad.

My wife's grandaughter. Which, as some of my friends kindly pointed out on our wedding day in July this year, makes me a step-grandfather!

Mark

I like that shot, Mark. As Richard has already noted, the light from the window in the photo is very nice.

Here is a photo of my own from Belfast a few weeks ago. It's a fairly simple composition, but I quite like it.

Mark

Nice portrait, just enough paraphernalia too.

A converted windmill I stumbled across somewhere in Cheshire.

img084 by simon ess, on Flickr

And just messin' about to finish the roll

img090_1-2 by simon ess, on Flickr

i Like these too. The kids toys seem to be a good entry into still life but I've still not managed one with correct exposure, you've pretty well nailed that.

Last edited:
Another couple of pinholes from me, this time the test roll I wanted to develop before the ones above but I ran out of time. My trusty local church, it must have been pretty well documented by now and thats just me!

Graveyard Pinhole
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

This one was slightly under exposed so the texture of the backing paper seems to leak through, I had to tidy up some frame numbers in the highlights. I don't know why GP3 does this but its cheap enough for testing cameras.

..Not Forgotten
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Shot on GP3 through my Noon 612 pinhole camera, stand developed in rodinal for an hour or so.

Yes, it was the Hasselblad - fast becoming my favourite. So much so I seldom pick up anything else these days. I just developed a roll of 35mm that took me an age to finish!

Having said that, here are the results;

A cold day at Seasalter

Too cold for my dog......

....but not too cold for my son!

Mark

Last edited:
Even more from me, I don't think I've shot this much in weeks! Took my new Nikon FG for a walk whilst looking for pinhole shots, its a really lovely camera to use; don't know why but it feels nicer than the comparable OM.

Patriot
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Cliche- View down Princes Steet
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

I seen an absolutely gorgeous picture of the sun streaming through the mist at this location but I've never worked out what time of day it was so I take a picture every time I pass now.

Regent Bridge
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Steveo, really like all of those, particularly the second one

Well that's turned out quite nicely, Steven, and that's the camera you weren't really sure you wanted! It did have a really nice feel, didn't it; the only Nikon I've ever liked the feel of;). That 1.8 lens is pretty good, too, and the last shot is just terrific.

Even more from me, I don't think I've shot this much in weeks! Took my new Nikon FG for a walk whilst looking for pinhole shots, its a really lovely camera to use; don't know why but it feels nicer than the comparable OM.

Patriot
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

I seen an absolutely gorgeous picture of the sun streaming through the mist at this location but I've never worked out what time of day it was so I take a picture every time I pass now.

Regent Bridge
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

second and third for me, lovely colours too

Steveo, really like all of those, particularly the second one
second and third for me, lovely colours too

Cheers guys.

Well that's turned out quite nicely, Steven, and that's the camera you weren't really sure you wanted! It did have a really nice feel, didn't it; the only Nikon I've ever liked the feel of;). That 1.8 lens is pretty good, too, and the last shot is just terrific.

Cheers Chris. Aye, looks like I was wrong with that one. Lens is pretty good.

Yes, it was the Hasselblad - fast becoming my favourite. So much so I seldom pick up anything else these days. I just developed a roll of 35mm that took me an age to finish!

Having said that, here are the results;

A cold day at Seasalter

Too cold for my dog......

....but not too cold for my son!

Mark

I love the middle one Mark...at first glance it looked like a lampshade at the end of the pier, giving it a really surreal feeling.

Patriot
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Regent Bridge
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Thats a really nice set of images. What film was this?

The lampshade is a favourite prop, I might have posted this before so if I have, apologies but this one from another day;

Mark

haha,..hadn't seen that before but lovely work.

Not sure how fast tide is or how strong current is, but would it be possible to set up a garden table and chairs with people sitting at them eating a meal under the 'lamp' as the water comes in? Would be a wonderfully surreal image if safe to do so.

That reminds me, I have a few rolls left in the fridge to use :)

The lampshade is a favourite prop, I might have posted this before so if I have, apologies but this one from another day;

Mark
I think I've seen this before but it's a great shot and I'm happy to see it again.

I'm really disappointed with this one, this frame is covered in these little "holes" in the emulsion, don't know whats caused it but I wish I did as its the second time this has happened with Ilford last time was a whole roll of Pan F. Annnny way this must be last from me for a while. It really was too windy for this shot, the camera blew over as did the bike a couple of times. I Ended up with one hand on the tripod and one on the back wheel trying to operate the shutter and count to twenty!

Tramlined
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

FP4+ through my Noon 612 Pinhole, developed in Rodinal 1+50 for 18 minutes.

Another one from my first roll of Portra through the Yashica Mat. I rather skipped over this when I was looking through the scans, on account of it not being especially interesting or well composed. On reflection, though, I'm loving the detail and tones in the greenery. Fair to say I've fallen in love with medium format.

by Arfonfab, on Flickr

Back