Show us yer film shots then!

Very nice indeed ^^^^

Another one from my first roll of Portra through the Yashica Mat. I rather skipped over this when I was looking through the scans, on account of it not being especially interesting or well composed. On reflection, though, I'm loving the detail and tones in the greenery. Fair to say I've fallen in love with medium format.

by Arfonfab, on Flickr

Loving those colours!

Very cold grey day,taken under canopy and bad light with my F80,35-70mm Nikkor and Superia 200 OOD film.

I have posted this,just,because I like the steps.

I'm really disappointed with this one, this frame is covered in these little "holes" in the emulsion, don't know whats caused it but I wish I did as its the second time this has happened with Ilford last time was a whole roll of Pan F. Annnny way this must be last from me for a while. It really was too windy for this shot, the camera blew over as did the bike a couple of times. I Ended up with one hand on the tripod and one on the back wheel trying to operate the shutter and count to twenty!

Tramlined
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

FP4+ through my Noon 612 Pinhole, developed in Rodinal 1+50 for 18 minutes.

Ok Steveo, firstly for what it's worth, as a pinhole shot, i like it(y) and say "bravo" at getting such a result with the conditions that you were faced with. It has been windy here too and without my good lady helping to hold tripods etc, i doubt i would have attempted some of the shots on my own.

The "holes" in the emulsion are quite intriquing.

I have had similar myself from different cameras and different films ... box, folders and LF darkslide holders.

I searched the internet for a reason and learnt that white spots come about from dust on the scanner, however black spots come about due to dust on the film emulsion before the film is exposed. Evidently, particularly with folders, debris can accumulate on the emulsion prior to firing the shot. That debris then blocks light from reaching the emulsion, leaving all these tiny black speckles.:thumbsdown:

In theory this all makes sense, however i have "cleaned" etc the cameras with which i have had this issue and yet they still continue to throw out the same result which although isn't the end of the world, it does take a, eternity to remove the spots in PP.

Perhaps there is a different reason for this problem arising:shrug: ..... Like you, I would like to know what it is.

Cheers Asha. dust makes sense in so far as it would block the light from getting at the emulsion and I'd just write it off as that except for the fact I'd only just wound that frame out and the previous one, which is fine, was the one that was loaded when I dropped the camera and I'd expect that to dislodge the dust. I'll have a look at the camera when I get home and see if there is any muck floating around which may be the cause, I guess it could have got on the rollers and got spread around from there.

Another couple from me.....
Taken with the Mamiya RB 67, using Kodak Ektar 100
The first one went in the 'do not crop' thread

10854261776_3f93214dd7_b.jpg

10854240556_e3ac84fc96_b.jpg

Last edited:
An image from the Franka Solida. My first roll of Portra 160 and it looks pretty good. Plus only four days for AG photographic to process the film and return it to me.

original.jpg

Another couple from few me.....
Taken with the Mamiya RB 67, using Kodak Ektar 100
The first one went in the 'do not crop' thread

10854261776_3f93214dd7_b.jpg

10854240556_e3ac84fc96_b.jpg

Like these alot! lovely colours and another film to add to my 'to try' list

An image from the Franka Solida. My first roll of Portra 160 and it looks pretty good. Plus only four days for AG photographic to process the film and return it to me.

original.jpg

So far all images i've seen with the portra i've loved... looks great

Another one from the Franka. There is a bit of softness at wide apertures with the lens, especially at the top of the frame.
original.jpg

Liking both of those Lee.

Robert, loving the Camden Lock shot and the statue.

I've been a bit of a shy lurker around here.
I enjoy collecting cameras, but I'm not so good at taking or sharing the results, so in an attempt to become less of a shy lurker I've decided I'd stick up a couple of shots of what I've done today.

Taken with my EOS 3, Agfaphoto Vista film developed at Asda and then scanned at home.

All in all, it was an enjoyable day out, even if I did freeze my toes off.

Went along this path:
10858151825_ed79456dfe_b.jpg

Carried along this boardwalk:
10858227846_9b8b71fffd_b.jpg

Met this little birdie:
10856734205_c280e7c367_b.jpg

Well Dan Im glad you decided to stop your shy lurking and post some photos. A really interesting, varied and colourful set and we don't see much wildlife in this section so well done on the Kingie, top shot.

Dan, I find the current autumn light quite difficult, but your first two have come out pretty well. The last is a stunner!

Dan well done on getting the Kingfisher.... it's hard enough with digital, let alone with film.

Dan beautiful beautiful images with some lovely light and like everyone else has said the kingfisher is a stunner captured with film:D (y)

Cheers folks!

Well Dan Im glad you decided to stop your shy lurking and post some photos. A really interesting, varied and colourful set and we don't see much wildlife in this section so well done on the Kingie, top shot.
Hi Andy, It's mostly wildlife I've been interested in - more my comfort zone if you will. Whenever I've done something other than wildlife I've never been sure of the results, always felt there was something lacking - hoping it's just practice!

Dan, I find the current autumn light quite difficult, but your first two have come out pretty well. The last is a stunner!
Thanks Chris, I'm quite pleased with the first, but the second I'm not sure about - something is just not sitting right with me, quite pleased with the last though :)

Dan well done on getting the Kingfisher.... it's hard enough with digital, let alone with film.
Cheers Lee, this is the closest I've been to a Kingfisher so I'm pleased it turned out as well as it did, especially as it was the first time I'd ever ran a film through the EOS3 since getting it - so I had no idea if it was in working order or not! I would have been kicking myself if it hadn't worked.

Dan beautiful beautiful images with some lovely light and like everyone else has said the kingfisher is a stunner captured with film:D (y)
Thanks T. I'm hoping to get more wildlife with film now, there's all sorts near by, I've just got to hope the light remains good!

Dan, No need to be a lurker with that quality of work, the colours are very good composition excellent and that Kingfisher a joy to see.

Thank you for posting.

Wow. lots of cracking shots posted up lately and new people (and lurkers), welcome new people it's great to find new followers of 'proper' photography

We have just been oshed again, brilliant work.

G'Osh, those are both superb.

Andy

Nice, the light in the first one is utterly sublime, flawlessly executed as always (y)

I like these three Mike, especially the first - more because it´s not normally the sort of thing that I like, but it feels big enough to step into and that really grabbed me. Not sure if I could mumble that any more clearly, or if I made one iota of sense, anyway, I like it! :)

Dan, No need to be a lurker with that quality of work, the colours are very good composition excellent and that Kingfisher a joy to see.

Thank you for posting.

Cheers Richard, much appreciated!

Osh, those Snowdonia photos are absolute belters!

I wouldn't normally post images of my captive birds.(as I realise it can be a contentious subject)
However, having bought the Nikon F4 from the classifieds from Trevor Bray.... this was my test roll through it.
Taken with the Nikon F4, using out of date Velvia Fujichrome 50 ...

10869264143_3c336a1673_b.jpg

10868940685_5f3889759b_b.jpg

10869278833_a3b9b62a11_b.jpg

These are lovely Lee, looks like you've mastered the F4.. Love the last one

Back