Show us yer film shots then!

It seems as ever I'm behind again lots of great shots but what stands out to me recently is osh's superb shot of Vivian Quarry, essexash's mf and Lf flower shots and simon ess's black and whites especaily the Roaches not been there in ages myself.

Here's one from the Arboretum Large Format meet last sunday, taken on medium format as I'm not big and strong like those LF guys. Mamiya C330f, Mamiya Sekor 55mm on Fuji Velvia 100

That came out well Andy

8198154348_6b7a9a0863_z.jpg

A 10x8 actually from about this time last year dirty Velvia 50 which as I'm a heritic I don't much care for shot on the Sinar F2 with a Nikon 150mm SW with Heliopan nd centre filter probably F22 and a quarter of a second, indiffernt scan from Epson V750 its a bit dense but I got the sunstar I was after which is not an easy thing to do with 10x8.

Hurt your browser ...you know you want to size

Another one from same trip, first time I've really shot B&W landscapes, works well with the moody weather

scotland_2.jpg

Agreed the monochrome really does show the mood...... I'd probably crop a little of the dark area off the bottom, but other than that , I like it very much(y)

Some from the Gower, vivitar ultra wide and slim, kodak elitechrome xpro'd

Nice shots although I'm not too keen on the heavy vignette myself.

That's interesting, Walsh. For me, the first one works best... what's the lens, what's the film? Was the vignette added or from the setup? (I got a Pentax-M 28mm lens from Wojtek on the forum, came with a rubber lens hood that seems to have caused a bit of vignetting for me. I suspect it's really for 35mm or longer.)

So here are some shots from the test roll through my new black Pentax MX (thanks to @radiantvision). The Pentax-M 28mm f/3.5 is sharp...

The 28mm gives a wider perspective of the Castle from Princes St Gardens than I'm used to:

Closeups work quite well, too (once you're used to the wide field):

The lens came with a rubber lens cap, but I've decided it's meant for a slightly longer focal length (might use it on my 35mm f/2):

Today as I was using up the film in my Pentax ME it jammed at frame 22; previously it has been around 34 or so. So it will go into temporary retirement until I feel flush enough to give it a CLA, and I'll use the two MXs as main cameras. One with colour and one black and white. TBH that should be easier to cope with; I kept getting confused switching between the MX and the ME. Where should I look for exposure info? Why isn't there an aperture stop window? Etc... OTOH I expect I'll miss the ME's ability to get something when I'm so excited about the shot or engaged in the composition that I forget about exposure!

I may possibly have just won a Voigtlander Vito CLR on eBay for £12.50. I'm dooooooomed.

Cracking little camera, I had a Vito B and C (as well as a Bessamatic which was fantastic) and they were both fab little cameras with really sharp and contrasty lenses.

Andy

Those have come out very well Chris. (y)

So here are some shots from the test roll through my new black Pentax MX (thanks to @radiantvision). The Pentax-M 28mm f/3.5 is sharp...

The 28mm gives a wider perspective of the Castle from Princes St Gardens than I'm used to:

Closeups work quite well, too (once you're used to the wide field):

The lens came with a rubber lens cap, but I've decided it's meant for a slightly longer focal length (might use it on my 35mm f/2):

Today as I was using up the film in my Pentax ME it jammed at frame 22; previously it has been around 34 or so. So it will go into temporary retirement until I feel flush enough to give it a CLA, and I'll use the two MXs as main cameras. One with colour and one black and white. TBH that should be easier to cope with; I kept getting confused switching between the MX and the ME. Where should I look for exposure info? Why isn't there an aperture stop window? Etc... OTOH I expect I'll miss the ME's ability to get something when I'm so excited about the shot or engaged in the composition that I forget about exposure!

Particularly like the last one Chris.

I am drawn to wide angle............ if the pentax 28mm is like the nikon, you can hyperfocal at F/8 and use as a p&s as everything from about 1.5m to infinity is in focus!

That's interesting, Walsh. For me, the first one works best... what's the lens, what's the film? Was the vignette added or from the setup? (I got a Pentax-M 28mm lens from Wojtek on the forum, came with a rubber lens hood that seems to have caused a bit of vignetting for me. I suspect it's really for 35mm or longer.)

Chris the lens is 22mm, it does vignette a bit but I think the cross processing makes it a bit heavier. The film was some out of date elite chrome.

Cracking little camera, I had a Vito B and C (as well as a Bessamatic which was fantastic) and they were both fab little cameras with really sharp and contrasty lenses.

Andy

Glad to hear it, ta! I must admit, I bought it because I liked the look of it (and it had a coupled rangefinder, which I fancied trying)

Another one from same trip, first time I've really shot B&W landscapes, works well with the moody weather

scotland_2.jpg

That's stunning, agree with Asha and would lose a tad off the bottom but apart from that, gorgeous.

scotland_2.jpg
Really super evocative monochrome landscape, I'd be made up to have taken that!

Some from the Gower, vivitar ultra wide and slim, kodak elitechrome xpro'd

Scott, just love the colours in these and the vignette from the ultra wide adds to them in my view, number one is my favourite

It seems as ever I'm behind again lots of great shots but what stands out to me recently is osh's superb shot of Vivian Quarry, essexash's mf and Lf flower shots and simon ess's black and whites especaily the Roaches not been there in ages myself.

That came out well Andy

8198154348_6b7a9a0863_z.jpg

A 10x8 actually from about this time last year dirty Velvia 50 which as I'm a heritic I don't much care for shot on the Sinar F2 with a Nikon 150mm SW with Heliopan nd centre filter probably F22 and a quarter of a second, indiffernt scan from Epson V750 its a bit dense but I got the sunstar I was after which is not an easy thing to do with 10x8.

Hurt your browser ...you know you want to size
Very strong autumnal image, it has a dark and forbodding quality in spite of the sunstar, lovely work!

Thanks very much for your comments.

They are actually shadows on his face through the window blind, as opposed to face paint. Though it does look like that!

Cracking image Jamie, has the look of a film still about it, a bit like The Village of the Damned but it does look a bit blocked out though is there more detail in the original?

Thanks. Film still is exactly the look I was going for, well done! He does look a bit malevolent doesn't he...

In real life he's Mr Cheeky Charming.

Last edited:
Well to me this shot looks nice, but a bit underexposed as using Kodak ultamax 400 the scanning was terrible with so much noise that I had to use a de-noise program, but with this type of shot it wouldn't matter if it was more "digital".

I really should shoot more film, there is a kind of satisfaction that you don't seem to get with the instant gratification of digital.

A couple of my film shots, my side entrance gate in strong sunlight and a lake in Wales, I forget which one.

Taken with a Nikon F90x on Ilford Delta 400

62399233.ivJdHmop.door1.jpg

62440370.GjumnbZ6.waleslake3.jpg

Cracking image Jamie, has the look of a film still about it, a bit like The Village of the Damned but it does look a bit blocked out though is there more detail in the original?

Now you're talking scary...

Crikey! The quality lately is superb. Too many crackers to single any out.

Hope the roll I've got drying at the minute has maybe one to compete. I'm not holding my breath though.

Taken with the Mamiya RB67, using Ilford Delta 400

10761816253_7fbc26f783_b.jpg

[quote="Solo man, post: 5934232, member: 57774]
Not entirely happy with it, but not sure why, that's why it's in here and not in the 'do not crop' challenge thread[/quote]

Not entirely happy with it ?????:wacky: ...................its bl**dy brilliant imho :clap:(y)

[quote="Solo man, post: 5934232, member: 57774]
Not entirely happy with it, but not sure why, that's why it's in here and not in the 'do not crop' challenge thread

Not entirely happy with it ?????:wacky: ...................its bl**dy brilliant imho :clap:(y)[/quote]

Asha, thank you for your comment....

Last edited:
Taken with the Mamiya RB67, using Ilford Delta 400

10761816253_7fbc26f783_b.jpg
Really lovely shot, really engaging composition, great monochrome range of tones and excellent detail, a top shot all round!

Back