Show us yer film shots then!

Ok, thank you....
Although I'd been doing it the other way round, and had been scanning 120 film at 2400dpi, and 35mm at 1200dpi.
So, why does the smaller negative require more dpi than the bigger negative, and when would I need to use 4800dpi?

Why scan to 4800? well you get less pixel breakup so the shot looks nicer for prints at say 8X10".

Another one from me, bit disappointed as I managed to lop its feet off and because of the way it's facing - no amount of asking/threatening/pouting could tempt the swan to turn around and have another flap :mad:.
Taken with my Minolta SRT-303 + Tamron SP 500mm mirror, again on Agfaphoto Vista.

10888772315_3c73ed5d1a_o.jpg

If you get a small child to feed the swans with bread they will normally turn round and show very well, moments later you should be able to get some wildlife shots of the swan breaking small child's arm followed shortly by the opportunity to take some 'paramedics in action' shots. Everyone's a winner (y)

If you get a small child to feed the swans with bread they will normally turn round and show very well, moments later you should be able to get some wildlife shots of the swan breaking small child's arm followed shortly by the opportunity to take some 'paramedics in action' shots. Everyone's a winner (y)
I like your thinking :LOL:

I like your thinking :LOL:

:agree: That´s a very good idea - think I´ll try that next time, even if it means having to bring my own bread - I suppose I could borrow one of the neighbours kids as a small ´helper´.

Really like that second one of yours T, but don´t think the last one is too bright either. Brighter, yes, too bright - no.

They came out pretty well, T! I like the grass one too - don't think it's too bright :)

Some oldies from me.. all HP5 on an old Zenit.
62507_445042997961_350376_n.jpg

190687_10150134733867962_4386341_n.jpg

190687_10150134733872962_6740006_n.jpg

190687_10150134733877962_8284029_n.jpg

197865_10150134739867962_2504970_n.jpg

197865_10150134739877962_4093088_n.jpg

Thanks Toni!.. that first one is so cute, i like it when kids want to get involved..I like the last one too

some from a stroll around London in my lunchbreaks. Leica M3, Ilford FP4

The "walkie talkie" / deathstar with its death ray covering blanket to help stop it from melting bankers Jags when the sun comes out..

The old and the new

And the cliche

wow, there really has been some wonderful work presented on this thread over the last week. Apologies for not posting individual comments, but have really enjoyed looking at the submissions.

This is going to be a tough call for the showcase photo of the week.

Thanks T! I forgot to add that those were processed myself and printed in the darkroom then the prints scanned (rather shoddily!) myself :D

essexash, I really like the second one!

and just to bring it down a bit more ,,,,i went to Londinium with a few tp types last weekend ,,,and we see the leaning tower of Nelson

[

Too much good stuff here, time to even things up.
Took the Selfix 820 folder for a walk. Too many suffered from camera shake.
Got a couple that didn't.
Acros 100, Ilford chems. V500 scan.

Town Wharf
by Captures...Moments....Forever, on Flickr

Chapel Street
by Captures...Moments....Forever, on Flickr

I'm really liking #2... i have a thing for cobblestone streets!

and just to bring it down a bit more ,,,,i went to Londinium with a few tp types last weekend ,,,and we see the leaning tower of Nelson

[

Eek they want to get that fixed:D

if im going to bring the standards down i might as well do it properly ,,, have some more from Londinium

this is me, my daughter Mikk, and Tim ( tdodd )

another of mikki

[

and one of all four Mikki , Dave (starrider ) Tim ( tdodd ) and Vishal ( tictoc )and one geezer getting in the way !

[

Reactions: Jao
if im going to bring the standards down i might as well do it properly ,,, have some more from Londinium

this is me, my daughter Mikk, and Tim ( tdodd )

another of mikki

[

and one of all four Mikki , Dave (starrider ) Tim ( tdodd ) and Vishal ( tictoc )and one geezer getting in the way !

[

I like these.... is the first one a colour image?... it looks a bit monochrome-ish

thanks Lee ,,they are all on ilford hp5+ ,, just moved the colour balance to the cool side on the first one

Your daughter looks lovely:D....

Seriously this time.... i really like those, i like street shots anyway and i do like shadows, looks like you had a good time(y)

thanks T ,,,,it was a good day out ,,Tim , Vishal ,and Dave are all good geezers ,,,bit cold though !

Scott I really like those, great composition and framing. Nice output from the XA and the HC110 seems to have proved to be a success

Last edited:
That's interesting, Ed; bit of haloing around those leaves top left?

That's interesting, Ed; bit of haloing around those leaves top left?
Yes, its a bit more acutance than I wanted, first time of using D74 developer, it took me ages to go around the edges, but I wasn't doing all the bleeping leaves.

Nice image Ed, there's more grain than I would have expected but it does give it a retro feel to it that I rather like.

Whilst I'm not aware of your PP technique; I wonder if the excessive grain and haloing might be a result of oversharpening in post especially if using USM and not the developer.

Whilst I'm not aware of your PP technique; I wonder if the excessive grain and haloing might be a result of oversharpening in post especially if using USM and not the developer.
Quite possibly as far as the grain goes although the haloing was on the original scan prior to any PP

Back