Skye...

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Our new arrival, almost but not quite 3 days old :). Don't worry about providing honest feedback on the photos. I'm obviously chuffed to bits with her, but always keen to improve my photography!

babyskye03.jpg

babyskye02.jpg

babyskye01.jpg

Off to catch some Zzzz's (hopefully :D)

Gary.

Quick then before she wakes up!

Beautifull, just beautifull, not looking like you then! :D

Congratulations Bud!!(y)

great imagination for the setup and quality is tip top as ever

As per usual Gary, all brilliant........... but #2 stands out as the best for me. I prefer the angle of #2 & #3 than #1 and the face is not covered on #2 and great bokeh.

Congratulations mate on a beautiful baby........ must have mothers looks.. ;-)

Wecome to the world little Skye. Sod the photography :D

:hug:

Last edited:
Looks like we are going to see a lot of this young lady as she grows. Better not let the wife see these either.

Lovely shots (y)

They have to be the best baby pictures I have ever seen, I love them!
And being a female of the species I have to give the obligatory, awwwwwwwww Skye is soo cute, almost makes me want another one.

Bless, she's lovely, congratulations to Mum and Dad

absolutely fantastic........

looking at your avatar, wonder where the idea of the hat came from??????????

#2 is one of the best pics I have seen in my 18 months or so on TP,

interesting choice of cot --- beer, sherry or whisky cast?

Brilliant Gary, brilliant. The first two are superb...but we're talking foties here - forget that, congratulations man! You deserve to be chuffed to bits.

Lovely shots Gary, 2 is superb.

..... and congratulations to you both(y)

Fantastic shots and of course - huge congratulations on the new arival.

Skye is a lovely name - we've gone for 'Scottish' names but unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to call either of my first two girls 'Skye' as I'd become impatient and given it to one of the dogs.

That dog is getting on a bit and Karen is expecting again so perhaps the next one if it's a girl......

Cheers guys :D. The Rasta hat is epic, my fave item of clothing so far :). Wished I had managed the pose from the other shot....

I'm so happy with her, she's so amazing. Claire too :D

Firstly, many many congratulations!!!
She looks adorable, and I'm sure that would be the case if the pics were taken with a P&S!

The photos - remind me very much of Maria Murray - have a look and see ....

Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations all round. Fab name too!

First off, congratulations sir.

2nd off, those are absolutely stunning pics in my opinion. No2 is a framed wall picture every day of the week.

Yes congrats Gary - She is absolutely beautiful and you have captured her perfectly! Well done.

congratulations Gary, she's beautiful :)

and fab pics - I can't make up my mind whether no 1 or 2 is my favourite - the composition in no 1 is cracking, but I adore her face in no 2.....

you'll just have to take some more to help me decide!!!!! :)

Guys ta :). Going to let mum see all the lovely feedback. For those of you wanting any details of the shoot....

1: One giant light source (In this case, octobox 150). Natural Window light would be aweSome.

2: Aperture I think was f2.8. I took loads at f8 too, all worked.

3: Baby MUST be sleeping or insanely docile, otherwise forget your poses.

4: Posing is quite easy. Get them generally into position and ensure they are wrapped or held nice and tight (they feel much better). When comfy, slowly get hands into position. They may resist as seen in my rasta head shot. You should eventually get one or two though.

Will take more in a few days :)

Gary.

So that's what all the fuss was about then, 9 months for that................

Top stuff pal, give regards to Claire too.

Congratulation on a gorgeous little girl!!!! I want another one.............. (even if it were just for the pictures ;))

The photographs are amazing! N2 is the best, she looks so comfy and sweet! I'm looking forward to see all the pictures of her growing up. Should give me lots of good ideas as well...

Back