The Duffers.............

Just in case you thought I was no longer trying:

_V2C7303.jpg

Female sparrowhawk having just caught a great tit in the garden.

This was taken (huge crop) yesterday morning through my kitchen window. I had been p*ssfarting about with the camera the night before so it was on ISO 6400, 135mm with 1.4TC, was set on the wrong focus point and the shutter was set on the timer at 2 sec. :bang:

By the time I sussed it all out she was off, gutted cause it could have been a nice shot.

Exif
Canon
Canon EOS-1D Mark III
2010:02:01 09:48:47Z
1/400"
F3.2
Shutter speed priority AE
Multi-segment
No Flash
Auto
189.0 mm
189.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 479.8 mm)

sparrd.jpg

Female sparrowhawk having just caught a great tit in the garden.

This was taken (huge crop) yesterday morning through my kitchen window. I had been p*ssfarting about with the camera the night before so it was on ISO 6400, 135mm with 1.4TC, was set on the wrong focus point and the shutter was set on the timer at 2 sec. :bang:

By the time I sussed it all out she was off, gutted cause it could have been a nice shot.

A good habit is to put it back to a usable default setting, before putting it away (y)

I was out and about early yesterday morning, so stuck with the bare lens as the light was still poor. After about an hour I stopped by the bench at the Gazebo bay and decided to put the 1.4TC on, just as I had the camera body off, and was uncapping the TC, a Buzzard flew low and majestically across the bay. :D

_V2C8292.jpg

Unfortunately I feel that I still have a lot to learn :bang:

Unfortunately I feel that I still have a lot to learn :bang:

you are too hard on yourself.....
the OOF rendition together with the *complete* inability to identify said bird - renders this as an extremely excellent shot for us beginners to strive for...

keep up the good work ....(y)

you are too hard on yourself.....
the OOF rendition together with the *complete* inability to identify said bird - renders this as an extremely excellent shot for us beginners to strive for...

keep up the good work ....(y)

Thank you kind sir for your words of support and encouragement - only wish I had read this instead of spending all morning on the phone to the Samaritans about my inability to get a reasonable bird shot :D

Must be my best effort to date.........

_V2C8553.jpg

............can't see anything that looks remotely in focus - think it looks a bit arty myself :cool:

But I think I can still identify the bird, so you lose points for that ;)

:bang: You have very high standards Ken - I'll try harder next time.

Oooops3.jpg

That`ll teach me to check the settings before shooting..........:bang:

Oooops5.jpg

Some great shots on here, really stepping up the standard (y)

Sorry for my lack of posting but this should make up for it...

IMG_3196.jpg

I am SOOOOOO Happy - my first buzzard !!...:):)
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Tom may well have more Dunnocks than me, but mine are faster than his :D

IMG_3508.jpg

:nono: Don't you believe it Rich:

_V2C8870.jpg

and this is without any 'go faster' strips.

Even Ken would have difficulty with a positive id here :D

Think I should get some brownie points as its quite arty as well.......

:nono: Don't you believe it Rich:

_V2C8870.jpg

and this is without any 'go faster' strips.

Even Ken would have difficulty with a positive id here :D

Think I should get some brownie points as its quite arty as well.......

I have seen paintings like that fetch thousands Tom:D

Bugger.

Bugger2.jpg

Any more like that Ade and you will be wanting your own gallery :LOL: ;)

You don`t need to know how may I have like that............:LOL:

You don`t need to know how may I have like that............:LOL:

:LOL:
Looking at that one more closely, it looks like it`s sticking it`s feet out to stop itself colliding with the branch and it`s ass has overtook it`s head :D

I haven't posted on here lately but that is not to say that when I do have a go at shooting some wildlife I can ride with the best of you. Please note the oof telephone wire that completely ruins this shot.

b96efb.jpg

Not sure what he is trying to say here though :shrug:

Dammit2.jpg

:naughty:

Some amazing stuff here.

I have never linked/uploaded any of my photos so this is a first for me (so I hope this works) - and believe me this is one of my best, never mind a duffer. Hope it is up to standard.

havent put one up for a while
a wingless blue Tit chasing a goldfinch off
sigma-51.jpg

Just keeping up the good work to inspire you all :D

_V2C8464.jpg

He just wasn't supposed to take off.........

_G2G0542.jpg

:thinking: Just can't believe everyone on else is only getting excellent shots............apart from me :crying: :shrug:

I'm glad this thread has been started, it shows the less experienced that with patience and practice, it will all be worth it in the end.

Everybody, no matter how good they are, or are not, takes crap at times.See my contributions to this thread as evidence.

Hopefully this thread shows newcomers that nobody gets it right all the time,we all take garbage at times..............:D

Patience, time, patience and effort will get you good results................(y)....and patience.........:D

Well heres one of many from me. Would have been nice if I had focus on the birds

575D6010.jpg

Back