The Duffers.............

Everybody, no matter how good they are, or are not, takes crap at times.See my contributions to this thread as evidence.

Hopefully this thread shows newcomers that nobody gets it right all the time,we all take garbage at times..............:D

Patience, time, patience and effort will get you good results................(y)....and patience.........:D

Well said Ade - I do like to consider that I take quality c**p shot though :D

Well said Ade - I do like to consider that I take quality c**p shot though :D

I excel in crap bird shots. Just searching the recycle bin for a cracking shot of a branch that "had" a KF sat on it...................:LOL:

I've lvoed looking through this thread! :D

It always brings tears to my eyes when I seen what has been posted here - inspirational to all as to what can be achieved with a digital camera.

Well heres one of many from me. Would have been nice if I had focus on the birds

575D6010.jpg

A good effort to get 2 OOF birds in the same shot.

I excel in crap bird shots. Just searching the recycle bin for a cracking shot of a branch that "had" a KF sat on it...................:LOL:

Ahhh..........the classic 'the one that got away' shot.

I had a lovely in focus shot of a sparrow in flight a couple of days ago, straight out the camera everything about it was pretty perfect, was pin sharp even at 100%, was very pleased. Shame more than the back 1/3rd of his body wasn't in the shot! Unfortunately I deleted it.

Will have to save my next lot of birdy shots.

Tack Sharp Heron in Flight

MotionBlur.jpg

(y)

oooops.jpg

Last edited:
Woe thats a good shot of a branch, Ade,,, good job that bloody kingfisher didnt get in the way this time!

Woe thats a good shot of a branch, Ade,,, good job that bloody kingfisher didnt get in the way this time!

Exactly, and thank you .................

OOOOOOOOOPS.jpg

Last edited:
There hasn't been much activity in this thread lately, have we all improved THAT much? I know that I haven't, and to prove it ... :D:D:D

IMG_3981a by tappilappi, on Flickr

IMG_3982a by tappilappi, on Flickr

After mastering the art of duffering on two birds in flight, I have today successfully moved on to duffering FOUR birds in flight! :bang::bang::bang::bang:

IMG_4630a by tappilappi, on Flickr

IMG_4631a by tappilappi, on Flickr

IMG_4632a by tappilappi, on Flickr​

Excellent effort Tim - a technique to inspire others.

Cheek to save this as excellent quality for uploading :LOL:

DSC_0202.jpg

The exposure looks pretty good Doog, both subjects are in the frame and you have depicted some action. Go very careful as you are bordering on acheiving a perfect capture :D for this there is only one outcome, and that is to be banned from the duffers thread :LOL:

As the bar has yet again been lowered to new levels, I offer my latest masterpiece:

_G2G1158.jpg

I pride myself, after very detailed examination, that not 1 pixel is in focus - now that is quality.

As the bar has yet again been lowered to new levels, I offer my latest masterpiece:

_G2G1158.jpg

I pride myself, after very detailed examination, that not 1 pixel is in focus - now that is quality.

Living proof Tom that IS and Tripods are not needed to obtain a duffer of the highest degree:D

Congratulations on that one, and a lesson to all newcomers to the art of bird togging ... make sure you tighten the tripod legs (y)

LOL. Nice to see this thread still going.

Take one potentially great shot and completely blow the highlights! :puke:

4941895690_b7c18d2fb7_o.jpg

Congratulations on that one, and a lesson to all newcomers to the art of bird togging ... make sure you tighten the tripod legs (y)

Your trying to overload me with technical jargon now Martyn :D

Your trying to overload me with technical jargon now Martyn :D

I once was looking through the viewfinder wondering what was up with image, then I realised that both myself and the tripod were sinking into the mud :LOL:

some really great pics here :LOL:

Was in the Jerez area of Spain last week, and got loads of shots that could be suitable, but with the high standards, I think perhaps just 2 are worth putting up. First up, a pic that might have been a bit special had the focusing worked - here we have an Egyptian Vulture on the left, a Honey Buzzard in the middle, with a short Toed Eagle on the right, all in the same shot!

egyptionVhoneyBshortTE.jpg

Next up, one of those grabbed shots that you take knowing full well its not going to work, but still end up totally gutted when you see just how bad it is. Here we have a Black Kite mugging a Short Toed Eagle for its catch - to be seen at the bottom of the frame.

DSC_8206.jpg

If only they had worked out :(

:shrug: No posts here for 3 months now - clearly everyone has been learning from this thread apart from me. My latest offering:

_V2C2406.jpg

Apologies for being slapdash here and clipping the wing tip, but at least I got most of the bird in :D

So did I! :LOL:

5223681425_c2682b1901_o.jpg

Did you also not read page 19 of the 'Dummies Guide to Bird Photography', because I think thats were I went wrong. :bang:

Hope this one qualifies for this thread! Its certainly not what i intended:D It was supposed to keep still!!

107.jpg

Hope this one qualifies for this thread! Its certainly not what i intended:D It was supposed to keep still!!

107.jpg

Beautifully captured, nice to see the water drops have remained sharp there.

Here are two from yesterday morning, crap light, no tripod to hand and rushing out to work...and wrong priority :D

Woodpecker

Blackbird

Hmm! If you wanna take a seagull pic, then 'Do it yourself'.

Black-headed%20gull%20003.jpg

Phenomenal duffer togging there. Anyone can take an out of focus shot, but to nail (sorry) everything in the shot and still get a duffer, that takes skill.

Back