The Duffers.............

I made an Ar** of this one
Arse.jpg

Still a touch of the Cedric's about that one ... too much in focus for my liking :D

Can't let that remark go unchallenged. :cautious:

4174712215_e9c61ede63_o.jpg

This Bittern (honest it is) was sitting in the reed beds on the far side of the pool - just a dot even at 700mm, so smart arse here decided to stack both converters and manually focus. I was just getting him into focus when the bugger took off. :LOL:

Last edited:
Still a touch of the Cedric's about that one ... too much in focus for my liking :D

:thinking: hmm must try harder...

:D My hard drive is fit to burst with rubbish bird pictures and I'm actually finding it hard to select something because the standard of duffers already posted is so high!

Anthony

4174712215_e9c61ede63_o.jpg

This Bittern (honest it is) was sitting in the reed beds on the far side of the pool - just a dot even at 700mm, so smart arse here decided to stack both converters and manually focus. I was just getting him into focus when the bugger took off. :LOL:

I think we have a similar style here CT

_V2C6144.jpg

If I could work out how to remove those white blobs on the LH I would say that it looks quite 'arty' :D

Tom

:thinking: hmm must try harder...

:D My hard drive is fit to burst with rubbish bird pictures and I'm actually finding it hard to select something because the standard of duffers already posted is so high!

Anthony

Just shows the quality of the toggers here - that even the duffers are of a high standard.

Tom

Cedric hats off for that one, it has everything required for this thread :clap:

You may need to explain the advantage of manual focus in obtaining a duffer to some of the younger members, who have only ever known auto focus. ;)

Right, listen up. I have the weekend off work,as such, for the first time for weeks I`m going out all day with my stuff on Saturday. This thread shall be creaking with my garbage come Sunday dinner..........:D

Cedric hats off for that one, it has everything required for this thread :clap:

You may need to explain the advantage of manual focus in obtaining a duffer to some of the younger members, who have only ever known auto focus. ;)

Think this is aka the 'blind you with science technique' :naughty:

Tom

Right, listen up. I have the weekend off work,as such, for the first time for weeks I`m going out all day with my stuff on Saturday. This thread shall be creaking with my garbage come Sunday dinner..........:D

I await for such quality contributions.............:D

Tom

today's gem just to show I am still trying hard........... :D

_V2C7185.jpg

Quality shots people

I had a good laugh at these :D

It's a pity I processed and deleted several yesterday before I found this, my attempt at a panning shot of a seagul flying about 10 feet in front of me with a shutter speed of 1/2 second produced, an, err, lets call it a blur.

The shot I did post a couple above was supoosed to contain that ones mate, flying from right to left, again about 10 feet away. Damn thing must have a cloaking device.

Well, this is a red squirrel jumping between trees - why didn't I check the shutter speed :shrug:

and waiting for the perfect moment before he ran off

Be patient, I have rucks of them............:D

ballsup1.jpg

Interesting composition Ade - like the use of light here.

But the detail on the leg is too good to make this a serious contender

Interesting composition Ade - like the use of light here.

But the detail on the leg is too good to make this a serious contender

Hang on, i have a rather splendid Nuthatch from yesterday...............

Here you go......:D

ballsup2.jpg

I`m not cloning the damn thing out for this thread.........:LOL:

I`m not cloning the damn thing out for this thread.........:LOL:

Bit negative Ade, trying to keep this thread as a serious study into duffer bird shots - nothing slapdash you know :D

Tom

Here is my weekly contribution...

IMG_5684.jpg

IMG_9484.jpg

Well that first image of an err, err, whatever that is, is amazing. Great capture. Have to work harder on the second one though, thats just not up to the required standard IMO.

This may not be to the high standard being set in this thread as the feet are sharp but my excuse is that I've only just got my 7D and haven't got to grips with it yet :D

Img_0295.jpg

thanks Tom, is good to have your cr....... er work Appreciated ;)

Don't belittle your effort Ian, one person's cr**p could be another persons inspiration :D

This may not be to the high standard being set in this thread as the feet are sharp but my excuse is that I've only just got my 7D and haven't got to grips with it yet :D

So there's hope yet Ken for a worthy contribution ...........:D

I was looking through the lens (good idea, I know,) trying to decide if this was a willow or a marsh tit when I thought perhaps it would be a good idea to press the shutter ... too late the b***** got bored and flew off!

4182226371_7e6ff320b0_o.jpg

Back