The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

That went well. I went to Jessops first and had a play but the cameras are all attached to the shelves with dangling bits everywhere so I also went to Calumet. Met a very helpful and knowledgeable young man who got the X-T1, X-E2 and X-Pro1 out along with a selection of lenses and I had a good old go with all of them.
I like all the cameras but the X-T1 is just perfect, everything I want in a camera, also love the lenses, very well made but small and light. So, basically I just need to sell some kit/body parts so I can afford one.

Hard not to be impressed with the X-T1, really solid feeling little camera, kidney should pay for a nice set up or maybe sacrifice a cornea from your non viewfinder eye

Hope you remember how helpful the store and chap were when you come to buy, bonus of the cashback schemes if you buy from a UK retailer too

Last edited:
Finally got my eyecup :) bought it from a member on the X forums who has just got it but wasn't too keen on it. I like it more than the original

That went well. I went to Jessops first and had a play but the cameras are all attached to the shelves with dangling bits everywhere so I also went to Calumet. Met a very helpful and knowledgeable young man who got the X-T1, X-E2 and X-Pro1 out along with a selection of lenses and I had a good old go with all of them.
I like all the cameras but the X-T1 is just perfect, everything I want in a camera, also love the lenses, very well made but small and light. So, basically I just need to sell some kit/body parts so I can afford one.

I assume you'll be selling body parts rather than fillum cameras, Andy, else I'll have to report you to Roberts! ;)

I only have an X-T1, which couldn't track a snail on Sunday. :)

Pretty standard settings to be honest:

• Continuous AF
  • Continuous High fps
  • AF point two sizes up from the smallest (I think, it wasn't the smallest or largest that I do know!)
  • AF-C priority set to Focus
  • High Performance On
  • Pre-AF Off

I just used the shutter button, no back button focusing (I don't like how it works). Just keeping the AF box on the face whilst she ran towards me.

I was very impressed with how many keepers it produced, especially at f1.2. Likewise when I took some shots of her on a swing. I got at least if not more keepers than using the 1Ds2 and 85mm. Where the X-T1 tracking falls down is with random movement, it can't react quick enough especially if you lose your subject from the AF point (on a DSLR you can set the sensitivity for this). Even with panning which is less taxing, the EVF blackout makes keeping the subject properly AF framed difficult. More so when shooting high fps like I do with motorsports panning at low shutter speed.

Last edited:
From a sequence of 15 shots; the first was back focused, the second is just about there, the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth are fine. The ninth is slightly back focused. The tenth is front focused. The eleventh is okay. The twelfth is slightly front focused. The thirteenth is fine. The fourteenth and fifteenth are just slightly out but would be okay processed to web sized. Considering these are all at f1.2 that isn;t too bad I don't think? I'd hope for more from the 50-140 f2.8...

Shots from the sequence numbered (shots that were in focus but omitted are due to the unflattering nature of my daughters chubby little cheeks when the bounce down when she runs!):

#3:

Jennie
by jj_glos, on Flickr

#5:

Jennie
by jj_glos, on Flickr

Jennie
by jj_glos, on Flickr

Jennie
by jj_glos, on Flickr

Jennie
by jj_glos, on Flickr

Jennie
by jj_glos, on Flickr

Other runs were similar with one being a complete loss (all out of focus).

Last edited:
Anyone considering selling there 55-200mm lens, I have posted a wanted ad in the classifieds. Offered on one in the classifieds yesterday, but the seller archived the thread without the courtesy to pm me his decision, bit annoyed as I missed out on one on ebay.

Anyone considering selling there 55-200mm lens, I have posted a wanted ad in the classifieds. Offered on one in the classifieds yesterday, but the seller archived the thread without the courtesy to pm me his decision, bit annoyed as I missed out on one on ebay.

His prices were to high :confused:

The thread stated quite clearly:

"As all items are virtually brand new, boxed, and in immaculate condition, these are the selling prices - I do not want to enter into discussion from bargain hunters. P&P will be by RMSD and is included in the price."

When I sell my equipment in totally 'as new' condition, I decide the price I am happy to sell at. :p

As ever a sale only works when both parties are satisfied with the price.
Sellers perogative to state the price, but market forces will dictate whether an item sells or not

I did peruse the thread and made my decision not to proceed based on the wording

Last edited:
I based my offer on what trevorbray had sold his a couple of days earlier, to me that was the current going rate on here and has been for a while. Also, it was when I went to sell my previously owned one earlier in the year and in newer condition. I wasn't trying to be a bargain hunter, it's the rate on here.

I was peed, because I made a fair offer in my eyes. To be notified would have been nice rather than archiving the thread. It's not the way I would treat fellow members on here. It resulted in me not bidding on another lens as I was committed to the offer on here.

Anyway moving on................................................

Nice day for photography here, so will have a little play with the XT1 later.:)

Last edited:
Picked up a new 18-55mm lens this week so thought I would give it a little try out today. I haven't used this lens since I had a XE-1 a few years ago. Initial impressions well pleased.

All pics SOOC JPEG's. It was a little struggle with the light, one minute it was blazing sun, next, black thunder clouds. Also, I dont know how the rest of you find the level in camera, but I made sure I was level every click today, how accurate it is I don't know!

Swansea Bay
Fuji 18-55 First Use Mumbles 24.09.2014 124 by swanseajack2013, on Flickr
Mumbles Lighthouse, tide all the way out.
Fuji 18-55 First Use Mumbles 24.09.2014 106 by swanseajack2013, on Flickr
From Coast Guard Building
Fuji 18-55 First Use Mumbles 24.09.2014 079 by swanseajack2013, on Flickr
Coast Gaurd again.
Fuji 18-55 First Use Mumbles 24.09.2014 081 by swanseajack2013, on Flickr

Anyone thinking of buying the new XT-1 look,its just an black one with 6 extras layer paint jobs over the top of it,some of it has to be done by hand,so that's the extra your paying for :)

Picked up a new 18-55mm lens this week so thought I would give it a little try out today. I haven't used this lens since I had a XE-1 a few years ago. Initial impressions well pleased.

All pics SOOC JPEG's. It was a little struggle with the light, one minute it was blazing sun, next, black thunder clouds. Also, I dont know how the rest of you find the level in camera, but I made sure I was level every click today, how accurate it is I don't know!

Swansea Bay
Fuji 18-55 First Use Mumbles 24.09.2014 124 by swanseajack2013, on Flickr
Mumbles Lighthouse, tide all the way out.
Fuji 18-55 First Use Mumbles 24.09.2014 106 by swanseajack2013, on Flickr
From Coast Guard Building
Fuji 18-55 First Use Mumbles 24.09.2014 079 by swanseajack2013, on Flickr
Coast Gaurd again.
Fuji 18-55 First Use Mumbles 24.09.2014 081 by swanseajack2013, on Flickr

Pleased you like the lens! Some nice pics too :)

Imagine my delight when I came across an old Ferrari F40 that I thought I had lost forever.
Possibly in need of restoration?

Shot with XT1 and Olympus MD 50mm Macro without the 1:1 adapter

Ferrari F40 by barrysprout, on Flickr

Another thing I've used in the past is the glass from a clip frame over a piece of card. Unlimited colours at low cost.

Just acquired an X-T1 and 23mm. I'm not sure the 35mm equiv fov is for me as I prefer either a bit longer or much wider, but I do like the feel of the X-T1. Time for some testing this weekend...

Yeah, Ive never been a great fan of 35mm equiv but the 23mm is just so damn good it makes me want to use it more often. Has that 3d look/pop.

Just acquired an X-T1 and 23mm. I'm not sure the 35mm equiv fov is for me as I prefer either a bit longer or much wider, but I do like the feel of the X-T1. Time for some testing this weekend...

Give me a shout if you want to move the 23mm! Next on my want list. :D

The fact that I am not having any luck selling my 50-200mm lens I was sure it is a sign for me to go out and use it :) I have been enjoying using my primes that I have ignored this lens for a while.

Last week, I took it out to give it a good run and found these friendly creatures ;)

20140909-insect-lewes-0fad8778-jpg.21338

20140919-heron-lewes-0fad9391-jpg.21341

20140919-heron-lewes-0fad9371-jpg.21340

20140919-heron-lewes-0fad9286-jpg.21339

Last edited:
First time I have realised the benefit of a tilting screen. I took some shots in Holland with my XE1 and was crawling on my hands and knees in rush-hour pedestrian traffic trying to see the screen on a camera mounted on a tripod but pointed up at the sky. So yesterday I took the XT1 out and took this shot with the camera pointed back over my head without looking like a complete idiot. At least no more than I usually do, anyway

15239648480_8673d43724_b.jpg

First time I have realised the benefit of a tilting screen. I took some shots in Holland with my XE1 and was crawling on my hands and knees in rush-hour pedestrian traffic trying to see the screen on a camera mounted on a tripod but pointed up at the sky. So yesterday I took the XT1 out and took this shot with the camera pointed back over my head without looking like a complete idiot. At least no more than I usually do, anyway

15239648480_8673d43724_b.jpg
Great capture :)

I don't use the tilting screen that much but when I do I am always pleased that I have the option to do so.

Hmm, my 18-55mm seems to have taken offence at spending most of the time on the shelf and has broken itself. OIS appears to have failed, all I get not is 'Lens Control Error' whenever I fit the lens. Looks like I'm going to be without it for my Cornwall trip in a couple of weeks.

Hmm, my 18-55mm seems to have taken offence at spending most of the time on the shelf and has broken itself. OIS appears to have failed, all I get not is 'Lens Control Error' whenever I fit the lens. Looks like I'm going to be without it for my Cornwall trip in a couple of weeks.

Have you tried switching of the OIS of,and is the lens and camera on the latest firmware ? :)

Back