The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Lucky you. Thought you were going up Skiddaw?
You dropped nice and lucky with the weather. We had murk all weekend.

Buttermere was real fluke, as we got up, had a leisurely B&B cooked breakfast, then drove over Honister Pass, didn't get to Buttermere until 10am and it was still!!!!, 30 mins later the wind had picked up and the smooth water had gone. No need for a sunrise start!!!

Skiddaw, no just took a picture!!!

Hello,

Anybody using a reasonably priced thumb rest with their x-t10?
Can you let me know your experiences with it? Any link to the products would be great.
Also, the L shaped quick release?
Thank you in advance for the info.

Ian,

As I see it nearly everyone had dropped out for one reason or another. Weekdays don't make sense from a cost point of view.
The cheap Saturday trips from oop north seem to stop in mid May. For some strange reason train timetables vary from week to week at weekend. No idea why.
The only realistic date for a non too expensive trip from up here down to London is 7th May. That gives a full day in town for £40 Inc tube travel which I think is good value.

So. I'm used to being Billy no mates and have decided to come down on that day. I'll be getting tickets this week sometime. Our friend Duncan - WingSun - of this parish has said that he will try and meet up with me.

That's the present position. If you could help with itinerary that would be super. I'd like to see St Paul and the bridge. I understand Canary Wharf has a super underground station and the maybe the Dome and barrier but I don't know how far out they are. I'm open to help/suggestions.

I'd like to join in on this if possible. Any ideas of what time you will be in London, I would need to book train tickets from Birmingham which would go into Euston.
Ta Rob

Hello,

Can you let me know your experiences with it? Any link to the products would be great.
I'd also like to know, i've never really understood thumb rests... Doesn't feel like having my thumb up there would help me...
Definitely curious about the grip/tripod mount though.

Rob,

Sure you can join in.You may have seen that Duncan aka @WingTsun might be coming along. More the merrier.

I've started a thread asking about a planned itinerary here:-
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/london-trip-itinerary-is-this-doable.620144/
I'm going to cut out the Cutty Sark bit. Plan now is to go to Canary Wharf, look around there, St Katherine's Dock, Monument, St Paul's and the bridge. There's a big fancy stariway in Somerset House, and a fountain at the back that could be worth a visit if we have time.

My train schedules are here:-

URL=https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/photos/london-trip.13196/]
14877-1458662234-b2063468afc329c49b1e961e703b19b4.jpg
[/URL]
london trip by mickledore on Talk Photography

I'll be getting into Euston at 9:42 and leaving at night at 19:38. Can you get trains round about those sort of times?

Ian,

As I see it nearly everyone had dropped out for one reason or another. Weekdays don't make sense from a cost point of view.
The cheap Saturday trips from oop north seem to stop in mid May. For some strange reason train timetables vary from week to week at weekend. No idea why.
The only realistic date for a non too expensive trip from up here down to London is 7th May. That gives a full day in town for £40 Inc tube travel which I think is good value.

So. I'm used to being Billy no mates and have decided to come down on that day. I'll be getting tickets this week sometime. Our friend Duncan - WingSun - of this parish has said that he will try and meet up with me.

That's the present position. If you could help with itinerary that would be super. I'd like to see St Paul and the bridge. I understand Canary Wharf has a super underground station and the maybe the Dome and barrier but I don't know how far out they are. I'm open to help/suggestions.
Another Fuji user that would be up for a London trip on May 7th.

Hello,

Don't know about thumb rests. They use the hotshoe fitting and I use that to hold my Yongnuo 603 remote release trigger.
I use an L bracket. I particularly like the larger grip on the front that comes with it. Only drawback is when using in portrait mode with aforementioned remote release; space is a bit tight but it's easy to work round it.

Another Fuji user that would be up for a London trip on May 7th.
Strewth. They are coming thick and fast. Loverly jubberly. See my post above. If you and Rob can fit in with that then I'll start a separate thread to keep this clear of clutter.
Where will you be coming from? Do you know your way round London?

I'll be coming from East Kent and after spending 10 years there and multiple TP London meets, yes I can get around fairly well. There might be a few more that would join, if you put a thread up in meeting place (Shutterman, Starrider, Fazer and King of Groove)

I'll be coming from East Kent and after spending 10 years there and multiple TP London meets, yes I can get around fairly well. There might be a few more that would join, if you put a thread up in meeting place (Shutterman, Starrider, Fazer and King of Groove)
OOH an expert. That's wonderful. Suppose I'll have to book my ticket now!

It's that pesky SRB 10 stopper, I've tried adjuting both colour temperature and saturation on magenta type channels, but it's still definitely a bit mauve!!! I have some more Firecrests on order so that should solve the problem!!!

The Hoya PROND1000 is much easier to work with....

160319 Derwent Water 3 From Friars Crag sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

Last edited:
Managed to pick one X-T10 for a £250 today from photography show at the NEC after all the trade-in and cash back promotions.
Very happy with it. Great little camera. It will be a great second camera alongside my X-T1.

Last edited:
is that the Camdiox that SRB sell or their own?

The SRB 'own brand' 10 stopper has a very distinct magenta colour cast

The Hoya Pro ND1000 is a lot more neutral

The Hitech Firecrest is even better. I have the Hitech 16 stopper, but have the 3, 6 and 10 stops on order.

Most colour casts can be fixed in PP, but it's why many long exposure photos are in mono, as I'm certyanly finding it difficult to move the right sliders the right way!!!

spent abit of time away recently and for once had a bit of time to get to know the xt10, im still learning-just gone into manual modes! this is my kids and was handheld, taken in raw and made black and white in lightroom-please feel free to comment and crit! (im in no way easily offended and would love any crits)
thanks, Dave

Attachments

• beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 33
I like the processing, light and airy. I'd have probably taken a step or two to the left to seperate forground and background a bit for composition, but that's just me... Lovely serene scene. :)

Which brings me to a point,we can mess about forever with photos changing this and changing that and its a nice creative way to express oneself and sometimes its nice to just leave it as it is .

i think if one has a tendency to ocd. ( myself) it can be a blessing or a curse. ;)

Love the edits by the way ;)

Which brings me to a point,we can mess about forever with photos changing this and changing that and its a nice creative way to express oneself and sometimes its nice to just leave it as it is .

i think if one has a tendency to ocd. ( myself) it can be a blessing or a curse. ;)

Love the edits by the way ;)

I'm not normally one for "greater than 5 minute edits" but when Frank @mickledore says it's wrong, pride dictates that it must be sorted out!!! :D

@Mr Perceptive What's all that about then? You've lost me there. Has all that mountain air gone to your head?

Back in the lowlands of Cheshire now, and off to not so sunny Telford today!!! You pointed out the mauveness of the SRB filter so I 'had' to have another go at correcting it, you know randomly pushing sliders until it looks better!!!!

Telford? You really do know how to live the high life!

Don't know where you get the idea that I spend ages processing my pics. I always think I give up too easily. 5 Minutes is a long time for me.

Unless you are talking about this....
Here be dragons by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

but that was only done to make a point to a camera club bore who wanted to charge £150 for half a day's tuition - "no refreshments and don't park out side my house because the neighbours don't like it"

Back