The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I was looking at the T5, then decided to do a search for batteries, and it seems that Duracell do them, for £36.00. Anybody used one?

I have 2 Duracelll ones for my X-T2 they are fine.
P.S. I know it's a different battery but the brand is good.

I was looking at the T5, then decided to do a search for batteries, and it seems that Duracell do them, for £36.00. Anybody used one?

PSA parts who are the brand licensee do them at £30.29. Delivery £9 so you'd need to but at least two to amortise delivery.

(I use dotFoto branded non-OEMs - so can't offer an actual opinion).

I've fallen into a bit of a love/hate relationship with my X-T30ii due to its ergonomics.
I have just been browsing the Wex site and my finger accidentally slipped and ordered an X-S10! :eek:
It'll be here tomorrow then I'm heading to Cardiff for a couple of days. Need to do some research into where to shoot...

Last edited:
Just noticed there’s a Fuji X to Leica M adapter…… hmm an M10 and a Fuji body sounds like a plan, trying to convince myself I’d save money by using the same glass, who am I kidding lol

That’s true, but for what I shoot most of the time Z8 wouldn’t offer much more than my Z7ii.

Maybe the GFX should be on my list.
If you don't shoot fast moving stuff then absolutely, the GFX 100S is great value at the moment. Mr P knows far more about the pro's and cons of GFX than me.

I've fallen into a bit of a love/hate relationship with my X-T30ii due to its ergonomics.
I have just been browsing the Wex site and my finger accidentally slipped and ordered an X-S10! :eek:
It'll be here tomorrow then I'm heading to Cardiff for a couple of days. Need to do some research into where to shoot...

This is a move I’m considering , albeit from an x-t20. I love it but I miss a flippy screen and IBIS for what I shoot. The X-S10 interests me

Bye Bye X-Trans, X100F is all packed up, ready to be shipped to its new owner, its been a journey, I've shot X-Trans for 10 years, but onto pastures new now. I'll still contribute to this thread (and still have my original Bayer sensor X100).

I'm certainly not saying never again! Currently looking at a motorsport telephoto combo :) - will certainly keep @trevorbray amused :ROFLMAO:

Still have the conversion lenses in the classified (BTW)

Bye Bye X-Trans, X100F is all packed up, ready to be shipped to its new owner, its been a journey, I've shot X-Trans for 10 years, but onto pastures new now. I'll still contribute to this thread (and still have my original Bayer sensor X100).

I'm certainly not saying never again! Currently looking at a motorsport telephoto combo :) - will certainly keep @trevorbray amused :ROFLMAO:

Still have the conversion lenses in the classified (BTW)
Megapixel whore……..that is all

I used to shoot in Velvia all the time, and felt like all the other recipes were a bit muted in comparison. I tried a recipe that I found on YouTube though, and I've been using it pretty much all the time since - first on my X-T30 which didn't have all the options, and now on my X-T4. I'm very happy with it, it just seems to work for everything. Here's the link:

View: https://youtu.be/t15X8HGt1ms?si=wgPQ_XiQGp4bnVah

Thanks for sharing this, Kerry. I've never added a recipe before but this one looks fun and I'll be trying it out. Well, once I've worked out how you actually do it, that is! :)

I've really enjoyed catching up with this thread after another gap without doing much photography at all. I realised it was exactly a year since I'd shared anything on Flickr so I've been going back through unprocessed files to get back into the groove. I treated myself to a X-T5 a year ago so it's a shame it hasn't seen much serious use yet. Time to put that right!

One from a couple of years ago but only processed last year:

Charles Street by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

One from last year that I experimented with but didn't see the light of day:

The Writing On The Wall by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Watching the garden birds last summer made it worth getting the camera out to try snapping them:

Coming In To Land by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

One of the characters at a show last summer:

The Viking by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Out walking at a local nature reserve today.

A well known spot for kingfisher's, but unfortunately my longest lens is a XC 50-230, and the shot below was taken with this but still needed a heavy crop.

Reflective mallard
Reflective mallard by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Kingfisher
Kingfisher by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Back