The Football Thread - Season 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course had it been suarez that had done it, you lot would be stringing him up and defending the ball boy :LOL:

no, theres no trolling in the football thread. Here we have very friendly wind ups. At least thats the way I feel.

I see it from both sides. Obviously the ball boy was in the wrong to hold up play deliberately, but that's for the ref to sort out not Hazard. It's a simple case of the ref adding on 10 seconds of play. Did hazard kick out at him? Yes. Whether he was going for the ball or not is pretty irrelevant, he kicked out and it's a red card.

More importantly than all his petty discussion, has there been any news on Potts condition today?

Adding 10 secs wouldn't make up for the frustration the wee ****er caused and he should be punished in some way

of course had it been suarez that had done it, you lot would be stringing him up and defending the ball boy :LOL:

To be fair though, Suarez would have verbally abused him, had a bite of him, then kicked him and claimed for a penalty due to the contact made ;)

Rodgers would defend him to the hilt, but then go mad when Suazrez admitted he was in the wrong 6 months later ;)

Yes, Hazard shouldn't have done this. No question.

But can we stop defending the actions of the ball boy. Many talk of him being a boy. Well, he's not. He's 17 years old and a full time prat. He announced beforehand that he was recalled to be a ball boy on the night, that this would be his last match as a ball boy and that he would be timewasting. I think Swansea club have some questions that need to be answered. Do they condone timewasting tactics by their ball boys? Wow, this is a tactic that even Fergie hasn't employed to date (but watch this space :) ).

Despite what the third-rate pathetic excuses for sports journos we have to put up with in this country have to say, Hazard didn't intend to kick the prat. His intention, clearly, was to kick the ball out from under him and, from having re-watched all the videos, this appears to be what happened. The ball clearly pops out from the other side of the prat and Hazard jumps over him to grab the ball.

Prat then goes into drama-queen mode.

Of course Hazard shouldn't have done this and I suspect he'll be punished well beyond what might be considered appropriate. But those who understand the great game will also understand the immense frustrations generated by the prat's actions at the end of this cup game. Those who don't understand the great game will only read what they want to read in the press.

Pretty much sums up how I feel

To be fair though, Suarez would have verbally abused him, had a bite of him, then kicked him and claimed for a penalty due to the contact made ;)

Rodgers would defend him to the hilt, but then go mad when Suazrez admitted he was in the wrong 6 months later ;)

actually more likely he'd have doen none of this stuff but the daily mail would have claimed he did, and you lot would be in here quoting it and discussing it for weeks :naughty:

2blue4u said:
Yes, Hazard shouldn't have done this. No question.

But can we stop defending the actions of the ball boy. Many talk of him being a boy. Well, he's not. He's 17 years old and a full time prat. He announced beforehand that he was recalled to be a ball boy on the night, that this would be his last match as a ball boy and that he would be timewasting. I think Swansea club have some questions that need to be answered. Do they condone timewasting tactics by their ball boys? Wow, this is a tactic that even Fergie hasn't employed to date (but watch this space :) ).

Despite what the third-rate pathetic excuses for sports journos we have to put up with in this country have to say, Hazard didn't intend to kick the prat. His intention, clearly, was to kick the ball out from under him and, from having re-watched all the videos, this appears to be what happened. The ball clearly pops out from the other side of the prat and Hazard jumps over him to grab the ball.

Prat then goes into drama-queen mode.

Of course Hazard shouldn't have done this and I suspect he'll be punished well beyond what might be considered appropriate. But those who understand the great game will also understand the immense frustrations generated by the prat's actions at the end of this cup game. Those who don't understand the great game will only read what they want to read in the press.

Only mistake hazard made was not to kick the prat harder 😃

I think Swansea club have some questions that need to be answered. Do they condone timewasting tactics by their ball boys? Wow, this is a tactic that even Fergie hasn't employed to date (but watch this space :) ).

Everton have or something similar when winning games (at least in the past).
They have gone from a multi football game to a one ball game by having someone go around and collect the balls when they were winning. It was on MoTD a year or two ago!

Sadly all part and parcel of the game now! :(

I'm reading the ball boy's dad is a man called Martin Morgan, owner of Morgan's Hotel. Where are the Chelsea team staying tonight? Morgan's Hotel. Amazing!

Edit: Not true, see below.

Even better, another Martin Morgan is a director at Swansea City and a 25% shareholder which I've read could also be his dad.

Both could be a load of bull, but if true I love it :D

Edit: Here we are http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/S...llboy-Hazard/story-17940358-detail/story.html He is the son of the director. I love it :D

Is Martin Morgan hotelier not the same Martin Morgan boardmember?

Adding 10 secs wouldn't make up for the frustration the wee ****er caused and he should be punished in some way

Maybe a nban from all remaining matches at home and away? Or would daddy take his (daddy's) ball away and pull his money?

Is Martin Morgan hotelier not the same Martin Morgan boardmember?

Quite possibly, but I couldn't find anything that implied the two were one and the same so I didn't want to make the presumption :)

When I was at Uni in Swansea the landlord of the house I rented was called Martin Morgan.

Here's my own distinctive take on yesterday's incident . . .

No238-BallBoy.jpg

Gamesmanship? The ball boys were taking their time getting the balls back, but is that much different to Stoke employing towel boys so the ball can be wiped before throw ins? I've been at chelse games where the balls been bounced around the crowd wasting time when chelsea are leading.

I find it quite funny that the ball boys been accused of play acting and making the most of it to get a player sent off - pot/kettle?

Chelsea didn't help with their tweet which was later deleted
Chelsea FC @chelseafc
Has football gone mad? Hazard is sent off for kicking the ball under a ball boy attempting to smother the ball rather than return it. #CFC (Tweet later deleted)
Apologies for earlier ballboy tweet. Hazard has now met with the ballboy and has said sorry. #CFC

The state of the game has now go to the point where people are mimicking their idols. They see these highly paid players rolling around on the ground, feigning injury for a slight tap to gain advantage in a game and now complain when it happens on the fringes of the game.

I don't see how any football player can accept any of this. It's the world they've created.

However:

Didi Hamann @DietmarHamann
What has the game come to if you tell your ballboys to slow the game down.... Football is watched all over the world #Rolemodel

Michael Owen @themichaelowen
I'm not saying Hazard isn't in the wrong but I hate to see a person who instigates a situation then cry foul for next to nothing.
Both the kid and Hazard were in the wrong. Not having Hazard tried to hurt him though. He just tried to toe poke it out of his grip.

Robbie Savage @RobbieSavage8
If the ballboy gives the ball straight back and does his job properly that doesn't happen !

Glenn Hoddle Sky Sports
"As a management team in European games you will tell the people who are instructing the ballboys that if you are winning the game, don't get the ball back quickly. That's your home advantage, in a way."

Gary Neville @GNev2
"@KyeHess: Gary give us your thoughts Gary Gary give us your thoughts #BallBoyLad Red. Have done similar things so not on my high horse!

Steven Pienaar @therealstevenpi
I'm not saying its the correct thing 2 do but when in the heat of the moment u just want the ball

Stan Collymore @StanCollymore
Hazard deserved red(violent conduct rule). Kid is a prat. Ball boy job is to give ball quickly .End of. Is that enough of an opinion?

Gareth Bale @GarethBale11
Unbelievable decision by the referee to send Hazard off but congrats to Swansea. Who'd have predicted this final?!

Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton
After reviewing last nights footage, I've come to the conclusion that the games gone. Ballboys aged 17, time wasting, then rollin round like ..they've been shot. Games gone. He was actually claiming to be best time waster in the world on twitter yesterday! WTF' that all about? ... Hazard only crime is he hasn't kicked him hard enough...

Rio Ferdinand @rioferdy5
17 year old ball boy....is that a wind up!!? Is being a ball boy now a career move??

Pat Nevin Radio 5 Live
"I was very disappointed with the way that the ballboy acted. He must have been watching footballers with the way that he rolled around and pretended to be injured. He's only got one job and his job is to go and give the ball back. What does he do? He keeps the ball. I have to say I was absolutely amazed this morning to find he's 17. Not 12. Not 13. He should know what his actions should be in that situation. His behaviour was disgraceful."

Byker......kids have been mimicking their idols for years...it is nothing new. The amount they get paid has nothing to do with it. (I never understand why that is brought into the equation)

Byker......kids have been mimicking their idols for years...it is nothing new. The amount they get paid has nothing to do with it. (I never understand why that is brought into the equation)

But the play acting is getting worse, especially after the last two seasons. Why arent we surprised when others do it when they see the players do it week in, week out to get an advantage.

If there's anything ruining the game, it's the play acting. I'd love to see the FA take a strong stance, especially in the premiership but also with the other leagues. All matches are televised now. The FA should summon the players Monday morning - right explain that ungentlemanly conduct.

It'll never happen though. I don't think the FA have the balls, they certainly can't handle anything at speed.

But the play acting is getting worse, especially after the last two seasons. Why arent we surprised when others do it when they see the players do it week in, week out to get an advantage.

If there's anything ruining the game, it's the play acting. I'd love to see the FA take a strong stance, especially in the premiership but also with the other leagues. All matches are televised now. The FA should summon the players Monday morning - right explain that ungentlemanly conduct.

It'll never happen though. I don't think the FA have the balls, they certainly can't handle anything at speed.

It is called gamesmanship...it happens in sport.

Take cricket for instance (top level) ... It used to be a players word was gospel and an umpire to rule on an LBW/run out and generally keep count of balls in an over. This has changed because of the lust for victory. we now have line calls, snickometer, Hawkeye and a hotspot camera to decide if a player is out or not. I couldn't think of any player that would now 'walk' for a decision. Even if there is none of this available for a match, players will be ingrained not to walk or appeal for wicket when they know it wasn't out.

Sport has changed.

Potts is now out of hospital and said to be doing well. Minimum of 2 weeks out following being knocked unconscious even if he doesn't have any further injuries.

Great news about young Dan. I don't know if many on here are aware, but he suffered from leukaemia as a child.

How Suarez takes free kicks

[YOUTUBE]XESzp14zuAo[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back