The "how would you edit this photo" game.

:D

How was your trip? Lots of editable pics?:)
Hi Doc, yes got a few keepers, lots of editing to do tho' as I like my heritage railway shots in monochrome (used to say b&w, but got scolded:bat: by pedants who tell me that B&W is different. I know but..........:banghead:)
Anymore entries for the game?

Hi Doc, yes got a few keepers, lots of editing to do tho' as I like my heritage railway shots in monochrome (used to say b&w, but got scolded:bat: by pedants who tell me that B&W is different. I know but..........:banghead:)
Anymore entries for the game?

I better watch out- I generalise in that department too:eek::D

I thought there might have been a few more but hey, let get this show moving so........

From Tam:

In 4th place:
Dr O and his nightscene

In 3rd place:
Jim, King of the World

In 2nd place:
Bob, and his balloon

And in 1st place:
Jim 2 with his construction prowess that has Tam looking for some large lego blocks to rebuild and great inclusion of a dragon:clap:

Well done Jim, over to you:banana:

I better watch out- I generalise in that department too:eek::D
What being a pendant?:)
Well done Jim, over to you:banana:
I don't know what to say, I wasn't expecting to win, oh,oh,oh I'm welling up here, where's my hankie.........

Here's a bucolic view of Sheep, dangerous and aggressive as they are, I managed to get this before the attack.
View attachment 8329

OPEN TO ALL! Please join in and have a go.................

Bucolic ? I had to look that one up Jim.:thinking:

It shall be “My word of the day” (y)

Rhodese.

Bucolic ? I had to look that one up Jim.:thinking:

It shall be “My word of the day” (y)

Rhodese.
Well just for that, you now are obliged to enter the competition - those are the rules, more than my jobs worth to let you off, soz.

Good image choice, by coincidence I'm continuing the animal theme on the other thread:)

Had a bit of a go with this one.. ;)

cropped, removed all the dangerous sheep, added detail to the grass and distance, smoothed the sky and denoised it .. drastically!

Cool, nice one- good sheep thinning and interesting effect:)

Given I couldn't get any detail on the faces of the existing sheep I came prepared:D:

Last edited:
mmm, FFS, I see they have been fannying around with Flickr and the UI has changed and consequently I've// they've done something odd with the link. May need a few moments to rectify...

fixed, t*ats:p

Last edited:
Cool, nice one- good sheep thinning and interesting effect:)

Given I couldn't get any detail on the faces of the existing sheep I came prepared:D:

I'm going to have to have a serious word with the shepherd, looks like the pedigree Suffolk breeding scheme has gone awry:) :ROFLMAO:

Had a bit of a go with this one.. ;)

cropped, removed all the dangerous sheep, added detail to the grass and distance, smoothed the sky and denoised it .. drastically!
Nice one Keenan, thanks for entering, don't forget, you can have more than one go and nothing is prohibited!:)

mmm, FFS, I see they have been fannying around with Flickr and the UI has changed and consequently I've// they've done something odd with the link. May need a few moments to rectify...

fixed, t*ats:p
I see what you mean Doc. Can't remember which bit of the encoding I'm meant to use for the link, oh well here goes..................

Ok, bit quick and dirty on the editing front but not much time

Jim, where have you got to?? When are you judging?
Right n n n n nnnnnn........NOW!
And, as my trembling hands awkwardly rip open the golden envelope.............oh, I can hardly bring myself to announce the winner......
It's..............Keenan for his masterful, pastoral rendition of "No dangerous sheep".
Second, and very close was Elmer Fudd. Very well done Paul but the judges are all Vegans and didn't see the funny side of your edit. (Boring bar-stewards)

So Keenan, please post a pic for us to have our way with!

Sorry for the delay guys, it's been a long week of night shifts :(

Here's one I took in South Africa, it's nice a plain... perfect canvas for a bit of "editing"..

Hope the size is good enough???

Last edited:
No probs, size is fine and looks like it will lend itself nicely to a little touch up here and there:p

Looking forward to seeing what the master of imagination (@Farmerjim) has for us too:D

A great blank canvas there Keenan :) Downloaded, now I'm off on my tractor for a day's harrowing so plenty of time to think about what to do.

mmm... bit harder than I thought. Had an attempt at extending side of picture with more road then big traffic jam and house construction but that didn't come off too well.
This will need to do just now will I rethink;

Yo Doc! You been playing with the magic mushrooms again :):naughty:

Since it's a South African subject I decided to free the animals.

South Africa - Still under construction.

Hey Hey, nice touch there, I see you've been busy rounding them up:). Mushrooms may have helped me lol

Something different given it's my 100th, bit quick and dirty but little rusty:

https://flic.kr/p/n2ZSVd

Didn't realise can't embed from Flickr so no preview available. Fortunately I've not built it up that much if you do click through:D

Ok guys, I think it's about time I announced the winner.. It was really hard to pick due to the sheer amount of entries but in the end 2 of the edits really caught my eye!! Sadly, unlike to eye of sauron .. :exit:

my eye liked the look of Mr Mandela enjoying his plane ride... or did he just chuck a handful of elephants behind the lion..?

Anyway, Farmerjim well done and well deserved :banana:

Lol- yes mine was totally dodgy. Everything I thought of didn't work so ended up doing something random with some pics I already had:D

Well done Jim:clap:

Thanks people, that was unexpected. Been laid up with some sort of food poisoning so didn't even turn on the PC or Lappy yesterday, I was that bad I missed Sunday dinnertime at the pub!

OK, the next test is going to be totally random...................... No, it's not going to be random, the one that came up was my daughter's dog with it's nose up my dog's bum.
So the next in line is this
A flood.
A flood by Farmejim, on Flickr

As usual there are no rules and the test/game is deemed to be over when I feel like it :)

PS. Keenan, we didn't see your edit of the last one.

Also just noticed the animation Doc, well done that's something I've not done!

Last edited:
Back