The Humbug 2016 Thread

The Sun doesn't work to the Georgian calendar!

Being curious, I did a little digging/Googling and found THIS page which tells me that Thursday will be 3 whole seconds longer than Wednesday here in Exeter! (And a second longer than today!!!)

I realise that but it was the same for the mid summer solstice, that was moved on a day as it was a leap year..
TBH who really cares? we won't notice the odd seconds here and there for awhile, I'm guessing till about June 21st 2017 :D

Being curious, I did a little digging/Googling and found THIS page which tells me that Thursday will be 3 whole seconds longer than Wednesday here in Exeter! (And a second longer than today!!!)

You steady on now, with how you use that extra time,young man! :D

Young?

Haven't decided exactly how I shall be spending the extra few seconds - had they been at Sunrise rather than set, I would probably be spoiling a nice walk but the afternoons are usually spent here, at home.

This time next week it will all be over and life going back to normal :)

Did you know humbug is an anagram of bumhug?

I'll just leave this here in a tongue in cheek way :D

skelly xmas.jpg

Yes I know technically the 12 days ends on the 6th, but come on, everyones back to scvhool/work and defintely not feeling festive anymore.

I'll just leave this here in a tongue in cheek way :D
I would if I could Keith but its an admin only function and my guess is they'll stay till the 12th night

Shouldn't have been put on in the first place,where's the miserable old git option ?:grumpy:
There is a Bah humbug option in "styles" ( bottom left hand corner on a PC)
But it still has snowflakes as a back drop.

Well f*** me,you learn something new every day,not keen on snowflakes either,keep that for the cheerful on here,I demand to have my misery respected :mad:
Its nearly over ( for another 8 months, at best ) :rolleyes:

All the seasonal good cheer stuff along with the surge and panic to get everything ready for the big day, smelly old relatives you thought were long dead suddenly arrive, a dinner full of 'seasonal' veg that makes old Aunt Maud break wind all the time with the intermittent smell of sprouts and "follow through", the inevitable mulling over of family feuds from 50+ years ago and more...

I can dive into TP and find a short respite frome the usual bun fights in Hot Topics as a truce naturally arrives but a nagging realisation that normal servicevwill soon arrive......

It it any wonder I think to myself...

"b*****ks TO XMAS

Yes it does. :bat:
Roll on the night of Jan 5th.

Yes I know technically the 12 days ends on the 6th, but come on, everyones back to scvhool/work and defintely not feeling festive anymore.
Roll on the night of Jan 5th.
If you want to be properly traditional, you keep the decorations up until Candlemas.

Now where's my coat?

If you want to be properly traditional, you keep the decorations up until Candlemas.

Now where's my coat?

Yes indeed, if your decorations are Holly, Ivy, Bay, Rosemary and Mistletoe (not a gajillion electric lights).... Oh, and if you live in the 15th century! :)

Don't make fun on the 15th century. That's where I get all my jokes from!
I didn't realise they were that new TBH :p

Back