The Idiot Behind the Lens Challenge is BACK! Better than last time!

Right time frame for the vote thread will probably be 3rd week of september, I am thinking around the 16th - I want to leave it open long enough to give everyone a chance to get developing done but not so long those that have already entered are waiting too long. Does this sound about right for everyone?

Obviously the sharing thread will remain open anyway.

Mine is off to Asda on Monday, got 2 frames left which I will use today :D I have used a Rollei Crossfire and I found the picture I took on one last year and they are...er.... well, interestingly odd - this one has been sitting around for a year so I dread to think what is going to come out the other end

Thanks Yvonne; but if you can please extend it to Monday 23rd Sept. then I will be able to get mine in, as I still can't find anyone in Saudi who processes these cameras / films and will not be in London / UK until that Monday.

Well got mine processed, lol.

only got 25 out of the 27 exp, now i have to pick the "Best" one, lol.

For info got it processed at ASDA, just on to CD cost £3

weird cos they charged me £5 with £1 extra for the CD...

Thanks Yvonne; but if you can please extend it to Monday 23rd Sept. then I will be able to get mine in, as I still can't find anyone in Saudi who processes these cameras / films and will not be in London / UK until that Monday.

oh go on then, as its you! ;) Monday the 23rd it is, will update the threads accordingly

oh go on then, as its you! ;) Monday the 23rd it is, will update the threads accordingly

Thank you so much :)

Well, as we have got so long before we need to get the pictures in, ive ordered a second camera :0)

It's a Rollei Crossbird, so should get some interesting results!

I decided the only way to get these shots was to go out with the Kodak and leave all other camera behind... it worked! It's quite fun after a bit, trying to work out a shot without any straight lines near the edges. :)

Think I'll try Asda for the processing.

Had only used 2 by today. Wasted the rest doing a panorama and a few bees in the garden. Don't think I'm going to have anything that's fit to be seen.

Managed to find a place here to process the pictures, but looks like they might charge extortionate rates for scanning...

So I might skip the competition bit and scan them in myself... default settings.

Any problem with that? Or (assuming there is a decent picture in there) would I wtill be applicable for the competition..?

Managed to find a place here to process the pictures, but looks like they might charge extortionate rates for scanning...

So I might skip the competition bit and scan them in myself... default settings.

Any problem with that? Or (assuming there is a decent picture in there) would I wtill be applicable for the competition..?

you can scan them in yourself, its just the 'post processing' bit we want to avoid. I know we can't prove anything if anyone does run scanned images through editing, just like we can't prove it if those that have come of a developers disc have had the same, we are trusting people will do it in the spirit of the idea. (y)

Asda charged me £3 for process and CD (the guy didn't seem to understand the word "scan") based on their one hour service! It looks like a 1200 dpi scan off the negative, suitable for a 6" by 4" print at 300 dpi.

I'm pretty happy with a few of these, although I'm definitely sitting on my hands when I look at them in Aperture. Most need a bit of straightening and maybe a contrast boost. Normally I might add a touch of sharpening to a chosen few, but there's little point given how soft the image is off centre! Anyway, them's the rules. Maybe I'll come back later! :)

I had a look at the "favourite image" thread, and some of those are really surprisingly good. It's left me wondering: try to pick an image that might compete at that level, or go for something completely different? Hmmm...

Agreed Chris! It's pretty frustrating looking at the pics and itching to 'sort them out' but rules is rules.

I took mine Asda and asked for process and scan £3. Came back in an hour to a packet of negs and prints!

They were great though and did the scans there and then and got the lot for a fiver.

Last edited:
Pleased to hear the deadline is a little way off, back from America next weekend so itching to get them developed.

I had some very amusing looks, taking shots with my Fuji X-E1, then switched over to my little disposable. I've taken shots in Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, so much fun.

Enjoyed it so much I'm saving my second one for New York in October.

my 26 exposures straight onto CD only cost me £3 at asda despite their quoted price of £6 lol

my 26 exposures straight onto CD only cost me £3 at asda despite their quoted price of £6 lol

probably felt sorry for you with the quality of the pics :LOL::LOL:

Have not had mine developed yet so :puke:

:LOL:

Mine are at home, my other half collected then today...

I can't wait. :(

Not confident at all, but I will post the best one for you all to laugh at. :LOL:

Agreed!!! (y) Still haven't got mine back yet, things have been just a tad chaotic generally.

Oh, good! That means that myself and Wail still have time to get ours D&P&CDed before the closing date!!!

Anyone struggling to get on the sharing thread? My post is on page 2 apparently but I can't seem to access it.

Back