The Orb Strikes Back

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi! Been a while since I dropped anything note-worthy in here!

Decided to have another go at orb-light making last night. But this time it involved two LED bike llights - one white and one red - attached a foot apart to the cord.
Just thought having done that may have provided a small twist on what is now a tried and tested theme. :D The Lumix TZ45 was used on this occasion.

At the local park (40 seconds exposure, mid-aperture size and the lowest ISO the camera could manage) . . .

Orb+May+12+2.jpg

At the East Cliff Sands (60 seconds exposure, medium ISO and the widest aperature the camera could muster. The colours is actually shown as straight out of the camera - the white and red light produced that warm pink hue) . . .

Orb+May+12.jpg

Last edited:
Intresting idea, I like setting of the last one, that has potential.

Were the lights flashing or is that the LED frequency?

Very Cool :)
2nd one is absolutely fabulous :)

Cheers for all the positive comments - I, too, think the second one has more interest (the first one was actually a test trial :D).

Now I certainly want to give it another go - might do it tonight! It's fun now that I'm getting to grips with things - but this time I'll take the D3100. :clap:

PS: Rob, it was the LED's own frequency rate. Mind you, they were cheap £2.99 things.

Last edited:
Hi Matt and hope you are keeping well. Indeed the first one does look a bit "rushed" but I am proud of the second one.
I'm planning to give it another go later on in the week.

Last edited:
Hi Matt and hope you are keeping well. Indeed the first one does look a bit "rushed" but I am proud of the second one.
I'm planning to give it another go later on in the week.

Not bad at all thanks Ian, just keeping busy :D hope you good (y)

Back