TP Day 2011 - Entries Thread - Slideshow now out!

Link worked for me OK.

I really missed making the intro again this year, I was looking forward to making it :(

Well done everyone :clap: brilliant shots guys N gals

Not seen it all as yet as It keeps getting stuck on fabs shot, could be my internet slow though as my signals low. I'll try again later when it speeds up :LOL:

Dave

Last edited:
Hiya

Well done on putting this together, I'm sure it must have taken some effort so thank you.

It is a fantastic gallery with stunning photos and watching the whole display gives a great sense of the TP spirit on the day.

Well done to everyone for their valued contributions.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Seen it all now still got stuck at fabs shot so had to go past it manually

:thinking: That's weird because the link worked fine for me. Managed to view the whole gallery from start to end (for which I had to wait till the last photo to see my own :LOL:)

Cheers

:thinking: That's weird because the link worked fine for me. Managed to view the whole gallery from start to end (for which I had to wait till the last photo to see my own :LOL:)

Cheers

Yeah Dawn think its my internet slow, Ive seen it all now including your tree trunk shot,

Last edited:
Great work everyone, and thanks for organising and putting it together Matt. Just wondering though, is the slideshow meant to run chronologically through the day, like last year's? Having just watched it, it seems to span daybreak to nightfall as anticipated but then there are a dozen or so daylight/indeterminate shots at the end that seem as though they're out of sequence. Or is it just me? :thinking:

Great work everyone, and thanks for organising and putting it together Matt. Just wondering though, is the slideshow meant to run chronologically through the day, like last year's? Having just watched it, it seems to span daybreak to nightfall as anticipated but then there are a dozen or so daylight/indeterminate shots at the end that seem as though they're out of sequence. Or is it just me? :thinking:

Just had a quick look - they are sorted by capture time - it appears some people have their cameras set to the wrong time!

As for the iPad issues - the gallery is slideshow based. They will be uploaded to the TP Gallery soon!

Just had a quick look - they are sorted by capture time - it appears some people have their cameras set to the wrong time!

capture time....depends on when it was dev/scanned by lab and then edited

I was clear to state mine was mid/late afternoon.....:D

Just watched the slideshow..............well done to everyone that took part and a special :clap::clap::clap::clap: to Matt for putting it all together.

Smooth,

Excellent work (y), thank you for putting the effort into this.

Can you explain why we were asked for high res images and in the gallery played full screen they all look crap?? I supplied an image cropped to 3708 x 2094 - and yet on my monitor at 2560 x 1440 - it looks totally crap - as do almost all the others - why is this?? If this can not be sorted so the images are displayed as they should be - then I will want my image removed.

Last edited:
Can you explain why we were asked for high res images and in the gallery played full screen they all look crap?? I supplied an image cropped to 3708 x 2094 - and yet on my monitor at 2560 x 1440 - it looks totally crap - as do almost all the others - why is this??

Typically subtle Andrew...

I believe the high res were for a book?

Can you explain why we were asked for high res images and in the gallery played full screen they all look crap??

Hiya Andrew

You must have a cr@p monitor because they don't ALL look crap to me .... granted there are a few that are probably a bit fuzzy .... (which may be due to the fact that high res pics were not emailed) however considering this was a day that was open to all of any experience, I think credit should be given to the fact that people took part in the actual day!

TP is not just about people who are professionals .... but also about people who are learning photography, whether it be to aspire to a professional capacity in time or just a hobby. So please be more diplomatic with the wording of your replies.

Cheers

TP is not just about people who are professionals ....

you got that right

I have an NEC PA271W - which is NOT a crap monitor!!!!

As I said I emailed a high res file and it looks *****! As do most of the others.

If that's the best they can do with my pictures then it's OUT and I won't submit anything in future.

Last edited:
Typically subtle Andrew...

I believe the high res were for a book?

regardless - there is no excuse for showing crap quality on-line when they had high res files to work with. I wouldn't trust them with a book after this.

I have an NEC PA271W - which is NOT a crap monitor!!!!

I wish there was an emoticon for 'that goes over my head'

I was only making an assumption that your screen may not be calibrated to handle the high res photos in the gallery as you said that they were all crap.

As for your last post .... well suit yourself is all I can say as a fellow TP member!

But your attitude is not very polite, nor one to enthuse new comers to the forum ....

say no more

D

Last edited:
well don't make asumptions! I make my living from photographs - so I have to have a high quality calibrated moniter to work with - changes nothing - the gallery is crap. Look it up and see what it costs! Some nice shots but the repro is crap.

I didn't send a pic in last year in case this sort of thing happened - I REALLY AM REGRETTING SENDING IN ONE THIS YEAR - UNLESS SOMETHING IS DONE - FAST.

Last edited:
capture time....depends on when it was dev/scanned by lab and then edited

I was clear to state mine was mid/late afternoon.....:D

Pity it wasn't the re-scanned version - I could have dropped the exact date and time in there for you John ;)

well don't make asumptions! I make my living from photographs - so I have to have a high quality calibrated moniter to work with - changes nothing - the gallery is crap. Look it up and see what it costs! Some nice shots but the repro is crap.

Oh well if you have such fantastic equipment, and are such an expert .... why don't you volunteer to do the production next year!!!

I won't be within a million miles of this next year.

regardless - there is no excuse for showing crap quality on-line when they had high res files to work with. I wouldn't trust them with a book after this.

Hi Andy

Maybe the slideshow was saved at a lower res, to save time loading there 120 odd images, maybe an intro with a preloader would have been good, I did the intro last year and I spent about 5 hrs making one for this year but it wasnt needed,

the book will be fine as the high res will be used

Dont forget its just a fun day to get the spirit of TP community together

Saying that I haven't viewed it full screen yet so I will now

hope it doesn't stop on fabs shot again( Ive admired it enough :LOL:) sure there's a conspiracy going on :D think Marc gave jaffa's to to Matt to make his shot last 10 mins :LOL:

'fun days' can have a huge impact on reputation if the repro is crap! If they got high res - why make a low res slide show that allows you to view it full screen? Yes, it looks Ok at native - but the option is there for full screen viewing and at full screen - less than the resolution submitted - it looks totally unacceptanle!

I won't be within a million miles of this next year.

Well all I can say then is 'good riddance' because it is your attitude we don't need to spoil what was supposed to be a fun day regardless of 'professionalism'!

Hi Andy

Maybe the slideshow was saved at a lower res, to save time loading there 120 odd images, maybe an intro with a preloader would have been good, I did the intro last year and I spent about 5 hrs making one for this year but it wasnt needed,

the book will be fine as the high res will be used

Dont forget its just a fun day to get the spirit of TP community together

Saying that I haven't viewed it full screen yet so I will now

hope it doesn't stop on fabs shot again( Ive admired it enough :LOL:) sure there's a conspiracy going on :D think Marc gave jaffa's to to Matt to make his shot last 10 mins :LOL:

Thanks Dave, actually I viewed it on a 24" monitor and it was great .... yes there were a few that were a bit fuzzy but I put that down to either learning experience of low res pics, regardless each photo from the day counts to the whole TP experience, i.e., doesn't matter whether you are professional or not!

D :)

Andrews attitude stinks. Its a slideshow, with so many images it would take hours to load and be a nightmare to view at full res. It looks fine to me and 99.9% of the people who will view it.

matt and dave put hours into this last year and this, for a bitter little man to knock it down. Your dead right Andrew, you'll be a million miles from it. Start ****ing walking as your miserable attitude is no longer welcome. Matt put himself forward to do this, all you do is bloody whinge, whine and moan.

Ive just watched it full screen looks OK to me on my 17" laptop screen, OK some are a bit iffy but not worth kicking up a fuss about

BTW Yeah it didnt stop on Fabs shot this time, the box of jaffa's I sent Matt, must have worked as I didnt even se it this time :D (only kidding)

where was your shot taken Andy please?

Also Les Key where was your shot taken please looks a fab location

Last edited:
Andrews attitude stinks. Its a slideshow, with so many images it would take hours to load and be a nightmare to view at full res. It looks fine to me and 99.9% of the people who will view it.

matt and dave put hours into this last year and this, for a bitter little man to knock it down. Your dead right Andrew, you'll be a million miles from it. Start ****ing walking as your miserable attitude is no longer welcome. Matt put himself forward to do this, all you do is bloody whinge, whine and moan.

:clap::clap::clap:

The powers that be have spoken Andrew ..... **** OFF! and let us enjoy what TP is all about!

One question .... when you were out that day in July 2011 did you not feel the connection? The spirit of being part of the TP community ..... or were you just a single cell organism like Plankton from SpongeBob SquarePants wanting to rule the world????

Last edited:
And he emailed Matt with another rantogram, insisting it be removed or we'll be charged for commercial use, blah blah blah.

So he's earned himself a permaban. He can go and be a miserable arse somewhere else.

And he emailed Matt with another rantogram, insisting it be removed or we'll be charged for commercial use, blah blah blah.

So he's earned himself a permaban. He can go and be a miserable arse somewhere else.

I say delete his submission from the gallery ..... it wasn't worth much anyway and if it is going to cause retribution .... who needs that?

As for a 'miserable arse' .... well said :D

D ;)

I'd say delete it as well - i'd hate to think that that miserable gob***** had even the chance of attempting to get money out of TP...

Back