TPF Slimathon

Just back from the gym

80.5kgs in sports get up.......so thats about 80.49 nekid :naughty:

Not done a single thing with regards to eating this week, i've been off and have stuffed my face with anything which didn't require a tin opener or the use of an extra brain cell.

digitalfailure said:
Just back from the gym

80.5kgs in sports get up.......so thats about 80.49 nekid :naughty:

Not done a single thing with regards to eating this week, i've been off and have stuffed my face with anything which didn't require a tin opener or the use of an extra brain cell.

WOW your gym clothes only weigh 10 grams you must wear pretty much nothing to the gym :puke:

Okay I think I'm up for this. I'll weigh myself in the morning (best time to weigh yourself from what I remember) and I'll post up what I am in the morning.

I'm 6ft tall and last time I checked was back up to around 23stones, I did get it down to just under 21 at some point this year but I've had problems with work and things and I tend to eat a lot when I'm bored.

I'm not going to take up exercising at the gym again - I last for so many months and then get bored and stop going and the vicious circle begins. I already drink only sugar free drinks, dont really drink alcohol, its the biscuits, crisps, junk food that does me in.

With photography becoming a serious hobby for me, we're doing much more walking around at the weekends and that should hopefully make a difference. We'll see what happens and see what my initial weight is in the morning :)

Matt

4lb loss for me this week

down to 269.5lbs

6lb for me. Perhaps it would be best to say our loss/gain instead of just our new weight, as I cant remember for the life of me what people weighed before!! :)

So how's everyone done this week?
I'm pleased to say I've lost 2lb this week, making a grand total of 7lb to date :D Only another stone to go......

Lost another 4lbs this week, making a total of 10lb so far.
Only about another 1.5 - 2.0 stone to go!!

I lost 6.5 lbs last week! :D

Thats 10.5lbs in 2 weeks and 20lb in total.

Only another 80 to go...

Well done, Braedon. (y)

I'm letting myself off this weeks weigh in.

Went to a wedding over the weekend :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: :nuts:

I didn't have to behave myself too much no single ladies to impress :( or :banana: with:bang:

i was the same.......i've been trying to lose this last couple of kilos for an age.

Zilch for me this week :( I seem to take one step forward and two steps back. Must try harder <sigh> Only another 4 weeks to my hols.

I only lost 1lb this week, but then I did eat a lot of junk at croft this weekend (not to mention the mixed grill at the hotel on Saturday night) so any loss is good considering...

Only 1lb for me too this week. It comes off quick at the beginning then slows down....it can be quite disheartening...but dont let it beat you..... I am still at it and determined to do it.
Think of it this way guys, if you only lose 1lb a week, it seems like nothing, but in 6 months thats 26lb which is nearly 2 stone!! (y)

ive beenstuffing my face for the last 2 weeks so might not actually go near the scales for a few days...

matty said:
ive beenstuffing my face for the last 2 weeks so might not actually go near the scales for a few days...

Ummmm.......you're a pig you are! ;)

Well I finally got off my jacksie and rejoined the gym last week.

Had my maiden voyage on Sunday..... :D

I'm in agony today :p

First two to three weeks are the killers, if you make it past that then the hard bit is done! :)

They didn't do anything. I basically worked my own stuff out.

Started off warming up a bit, then onto the weights machines.

Roughly 3 sets of 14-16 on each machine with about 30-40 seconds rest inbetween each set. Weights on each machine were one so the last set on each machine was a bit of a struggle (not much of one, mind :D).

Then onto the cross trainer. 2 mins warm up, 30 seconds going hell for leather, 90 seconds comfortable pace.
So at 2 mins 4 mins 6mins and 8mins, i'd go hell for leather for 30 seconds, really get it pumping. Then active recovery (ie recovery but still moving) for 1:30.

Then onto the treadmill for 10 mins, put it into a bit of a climb (only set at 3.5 whatever that means in real money), and a speed of about 6k, nipping it up to 9.5k (jog speed) for about a minute.

Cool down, stretch off, and a lovely shower, followed by turning the shower up full and cranking the temp down to freezin...love it, tis a good refresher if you can handle it (although it really does take your breath away).

Marcel said:
Roughly 3 sets of 14-16 on each machine with about 30-40 seconds rest inbetween each set.

Depending on what you want of course but if you're looking to lose weight then sets of 20+ would be better. Anything around the 12-14 mark will bulk muscle rather than burn fat/tone, i.e. make you heavier.

Obviously, like I said, depends on what you want to do. :)

Am I too late to join? Every year before my holiday I think about doing something to shift the beer gut and thinking about it is as far as I get. My mrs wants me to get waxed but I keep telling her where to go becuase I think that the hair on my chest does for my belly and boy boobs what camoflage does for hiding soldiers. It's always there it's just not so easy to make out. Anyways perhaps now I'll do something about it. I'm 5ft11 (oh for that extra inch, I so want to be 6ft) and 16st 4lb. I've no idea what I should wiegh (and I never trust those doctors charts) but I want to lose the gut, the boobs and the flabby neck/chin bit.

Seeing as I'm new and have no dignity to lose would you like me to be the first picture?

I do want to lose weight, but fat.

I'm not that fussed by overall weight, but I do want to bulk up muscle, as the only good muscle I have is the one that chews my food :D

Marcel said:
as the only good muscle I have is the one that chews my food :D

:LOL: heh, heh. the fact that you joined back up with the gym is great!

You guys are all doing great, first few weeks are the hardest yes. I would stay away from the weights though until you get down to the weight you want, then bulk up from there Marcel. I barely touch the weights when I go to the gym. Now I know I'm a girl and I'm sure it's different but still,lol I do 20 min on the treadmilll, 50 min on the cross trainer and then ride a bike for a half hour. I do that every time I go, but only do weights every other day, or third, or fourth day,lol :p

Jewel

Good luck to all of you! :D

The plan is, to increase my puny muscle mass, which in turn burns more calories.

It was all recommended to me by a personal trainer ;)

Besides, I prefer doing the weights, the cardio stuff bores me...lol (Unless there's something good on the telly :p)

Unfortunately it's the cadio stuff that will burn the fat, the muscle/weights stuff will just make you look bigger.

omfg i weighted myself today......15st dead

I was 15st once. It's be nice to be 15st again some day.

Don't think i've lost anything in a month, but a nice lady at a party on sat night asked if i'd lost weight.....so all's good in my book :D

No change for me Im afraid ... Im going lto have to ay off the Green & Blacks, the custard tarts & the Cadbury praline Flake's this week.
Also thinking of getting myself one of those Orbitrek (sp*) things that they sell on the shopping channels ... anyone use/have any advice regarding one of those things?

Back