WCMUT....what cheered me up today

In a reversal of the effects of Operation Stack on my homeward journey, the drive IN to the office is positively blissful.
M20 headed west (and M26) is devoid of continental trucks, with only a few domestics too, as they're avoiding the area it seems. **
Marvellous.

(** Hope it's ok to say that with being lambasted as a racist :rolleyes: )

In a reversal of the effects of Operation Stack on my homeward journey, the drive IN to the office is positively blissful.
M20 headed west (and M26) is devoid of continental trucks, with only a few domestics too, as they're avoiding the area it seems. **
Marvellous.

(** Hope it's ok to say that with being lambasted as a racist :rolleyes: )

Having experienced many times how they drive, it's perfectly ok to say. :)

Rain! :banana::banana::banana:

Well that's a 50/50 split It just goes to prove that you can't please everyone all of the time.
WCMUT?
Its not raining here for a change :D

Don't get me wrong, rain is good and I am happy to have some but just not this morning.

...and now I am in the right thread...

WCMT the sun is out again.:D

Don't get me wrong, rain is good
I think I may have to update my "status" , according to the radar site that I use, the first wave is less than 20 miles away,
the second and that one "means it" is about 50 miles away in freshening winds :rolleyes:

Edit and 16 mins later its arrived :(

Last edited:
Getting out for a brief ride and filling up before the drizzle took hold, then getting away from the lunch pub before it really hissed down and home in time for the GP start. Just to top it off, an actually interesting race, even if it was a bit of a 2 division race as shown on the telly.

Handing my notice into my boss...After the week i have had let alone the month i have 2 weeks left and made me smile

The lack of junk mail in my inbox. Yesterday I spend an hour clicking on all those unsubscribe links. It's working already.

After a couple of years with no wins, taking my lottery ticket to the shop thinking I had 3 numbers only to find I actually had 4 and had won £211 :banana:

That was a nice surprise - bet it cheered you up

Fish and chips for lunch, cake for tea and looking forward to a nice Chinese take away for supper. Not to mention surviving to se my 52nd birthday!

Fish and chips for lunch, cake for tea and looking forward to a nice Chinese take away for supper. Not to mention surviving to se my 52nd birthday!

Congratulations, Sir! I wish you many more years of dining in style on your special day.

My kinda birthday celebration :)
Happy birthday Nodster.

I'm not as old as some... :p Can't deny the farting though!!!

WCMUT........................only 2 days to go :banana::D

WCMUT? A good walk with only a couple of little hiccoughs to spoil it! Glorious sunshine surrounded by Devon countryside.

Much as we'd like to live in Crete, we don't - just spend a month per year there (in 2 fortnight slices). Still based in the South West among the Devon hills.

WCMU even more T, one more day :banana::banana::banana:

WCMUT: How easy it is to request a replacement driving license. So quick and easy to do online, great service for muppets like me who have theirs twice now in a period of six months :)

Picture this..
Staggered cross roads, double small roundabouts (not mini) about 15 yards apart...
A guy pulls across the front of me although its my priority,
as he does he gives me that "f*** you" look.

I hadn't reacted in any shape or form at that point.
He was so smug in looking at me, that he hadn't noticed the guy doing the exact same thing to him, at the next one.

It was a close run thing, but they never actually connected,
The guy that had previously done it to me went absolutely ape s***.
All I could do was (very nearly) PMSL.

I don't think I helped the situation TBH :D

BSM spouting b*****ks about something else he knows diddlysquat about, always good for a laugh.

WCMUY was receiving a letter at 10:30 telling me I needed to arrange my 6 monthly HbA1c blood test. Actually, I don't really like needles but I know the test is a necessary (possibly but that's a different story!) evil that must be endured! The thing that really cheered me up was getting a vampire appointment yesterday afternoon at 13:45!!! AND the procedure being almost totally painless and there being no bruising at all. To cap it off, the blood taker also tried a few ways to get me in to see the diabetic nurse and managed to cut the wait down from 3 1/2 to 2 weeks. The fact that there was even a parking space (several in fact) at the surgery merely added to he goodness of the afternoon!

Cherry Ripes!!

I'm on my way, Ruth! Not sure the diabetic nurse would approve but since we both feel that that diagnosis was probably wrong, I don't really care. Besides, these days I can understand that while a little of what you fancy might do you good, a lot of it at once can lead to undesirable consequences!

I'm on my way, Ruth! Not sure the diabetic nurse would approve but since we both feel that that diagnosis was probably wrong, I don't really care. Besides, these days I can understand that while a little of what you fancy might do you good, a lot of it at once can lead to undesirable consequences!

You'll need to be quick.

Back