What sports are YOU shooting this weekend?

I am going to be photographing my first cycling even of 200 riders in March. Feels daunting the more I think of it.

Subject to weather and P-P :(

Under 12s footy top of league clash Sat morning
Accy v Bury league 2 footy Sat afternoon
Basketball top of league game Sat tea time

Adults grass roots footy Sun morning (possibly win league game)
Womens lancs FA cup semi final Sun afternoon
Ice hockey blackburn v manchester Sun evening

6 jobs.. at least 3 are guaranteed on ...3 probably off :(

Well well..

SAT the under 12s sat mornign was ON when it was doubtfull.. The accy v bury match was OFF when i didnt even consider that... I got re routed to BASKETBALL instead..

SUN its absoloutly throwing it down right now.. bouncing off the floor and I ahve an adults footy match on 3g at 10.30am (surely even they get flooded out?) one team can win league and trophy is there..so its a must do game :(

Ladies game for this aft is OFF...waiting to hear if i have a late commision for a yoof game at 1.30 on 3g.. no commision no go.... then at least indoors at tea time for ice hockey :)

Really strang having a weekend off. Tuesday night = Millwall vs Shed Weds.

I got three jobs done over weekend.. under 12s footy, basketball and ice hockey... just done a swinning gala this aft (monday)... got oldham v wolves tommorow (tuesday) and a lancashire girls u16 cup semi final on wed... job a day :)

Sat is the final of the cricket world cup qualifier,
Sun football Canterbury v southern,
and possible in there somewhere, Super 15 Crusader practice.
So winter, summer, winter sport in the summertime:thinking:

Friday to Monday - FIBA 'Wild Card' / EuroBasket qualification draw / World Championships draw in Barcelona...

I ahvent been to Oldham in yonks.. just read the pdf that comes wiht the booking accpetance..

WILL ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS PLEASE NOTE THAT A
REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF £10 WILL BE REQUIRED FOR
THEIR PHOTO BIB.
THANK YOU
JUDITH LANE
PA TO CHIEF EXECUTIVE

What a joke.. if they are blue i will take my own

Carlisle ask for a £5 refundable deposit for a hi-viz vest as well, but they do allow you to wear your own if you've got one. I got caught out on my first visit there without any cash on me, and without my own vest, so I had to hand over my ID card instead!

Last edited:
preston north end used to have PINK ones.. when I asked why pink.. they said... nobody wants to steal a pink bib..... haha fair enough..

Oh... anyone got in there car.. started driving home and then realised they still had a bib on? sigh.. had to post one back next day :)

I'll see you at the Oldham game too......As a spectator and fan of OAFC, naturally! I'll keep my eye out for you chaps. Wrap up warm haha

I ahvent been to Oldham in yonks.. just read the pdf that comes wiht the booking accpetance..

What a joke.. if they are blue i will take my own

You wont get past the steward on the door without paying him the £10, Little tip, Dont sit wiring/packing up for 20 mins at end or the office that gives back the £10 will be locked up and that naff blue bib has cost you a tenner!!

ste.. can you wear your own?

I took one home from Boro once as I was rushed to get out and never got chance to drop it back. Took it back next time I was down and the people signing in didn't seen to fussed when I gave it back lol

we get purple ones at Sunderland oddly and the clubbies get pink there to.

Pools dont ask us to wear one but give us access to sit anywhere we want, within reason

Nope, Theres a £10 or non entry I was told, Done there 4 times and despite having my own, even trying the "ive brought no money" trick its deposit or non entry

We're ok at Charlton. No one wants to nick a vest with our badge on.

I was going to go to Doncaster tonight but my friend's plans changed up there. Just as well as we've had a bit of a leak at home and I've spent the day trying to sort it out.

We're ok at Charlton. No one wants to nick a vest with our badge on.

I was going to go to Doncaster tonight but my friend's plans changed up there. Just as well as we've had a bit of a leak at home and I've spent the day trying to sort it out.
Got a weak bladder myself

Quite a few photogrpahers at Oldham tonight... so seeing as no preassure on me.. I decided to sit near the dugouts... official photogrpaher said its allowed.. then would get shots different to everyone else... hmm all i ended up with what lots of action and missed three goals.. oh well.. could have worked out better..

Wouldnt let me wear own bib... took my press card as deposit..came pitchside end of game to give it me back...

anyways my efforts here http://www.kipax.com/gallery/index.php?album=MEDIA ONLY/3070

well turns out the oldham wolves game was worth it.. published in the SUN newspaper :)

Busy one this weekend, really looking forward to Saturday

Friday
Newcastle United U21's vs Manchester City U21's

Sat
Newcastle United vs Sunderland

Mon
Sunderland U21's vs Newcastle united U21's

Whoa that will be good on Saturday Stephen.

Millwall vs Reading for me on Sat.

Lifelong Newcastle fan aswell so bring it on :)

The last two I have covered haven't ended well so third time lucky.

I have a mate ooop North who is desperate for Capital One Cup final tickets if you know anyone who can help out.

I think they are at a premium to be honest witht he way they are being given out

Oddly, I've that one to cover aswell.

Played. Yes we've talked a few times (last time at the MCFC game v Blackburn) but we didn't chat the other night. You doing Preston v Forest next week?

sorry.. never ask names so no idea whos who.. was that at city or at rovers? Yeagh am doing preston forest.. another rare on spec game but being a preston fan i will always give them a go .. plus am on a roll at the moment so ahve booked a few midweek on spec.. although emails sent out lookiing fr commisions... pne forest wed, bolton burnley 11th, rochdale burton 18th and pne again on 25th..

As I try to stick to lower league stuff I ahve more of a problem with postponed games.. last weeks accy v bury off.. another derby this sat accy v morecambe got to be in doubt..horrendous wethar at moment pouring rain and sleet

I ahve three games booked on 3g pitches this weekend.. sat morning, sun morning and sun afternoon.. but even 3g was off last week :(

Sat Wigan v Charlton
Mon city v Chelsea

Good luck with the code replacements for our new Charlton signings tomorrow haha. It's fun watching our North Stand lot trying to think of new songs for them :D

Just to recap.....

Astrit Ahdarevic, Thuram-Ulien, Anil Koć, Loïc Nego, Reza Ghoochannejhad, Piotr Parzyszek

:D

Last edited:
Good luck with the code replacements for our new Charlton signings tomorrow haha. It's fun watching our North Stand lot trying to think of new songs for them :D

Just to recap.....

Astrit Ahdarevic, Thuram-Ulien, Anil Koć, Loïc Nego, Reza Ghoochannejhad, Piotr Parzyszek

:D

Just call them all 'Dave'

Last edited by a moderator:
Back