You do what for a living?

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
No
I'm new to this malarky and hoping to get a DSLR from her indoors for Crimbo. Looking at the price of some of the kit, it ain't cheap. So surely that must make most of you millionaires? So what do you lot do for a living to pay for all this expensive equipment?

hi spuds....I find not spending it on booze and fags helps a little..

I drive buses for a living, it don't make me rich but I can get by on a flat week.

If I want new equipment then doing overtime comes in handy along with buying stuff secondhand.

I work for my family business collecting waste oil.

Im far from a millionaire, infact my main bank account currently stands at about £300.

Mortgage and bils come first, whats left goes towards my hobbies.

Just save up, dont waste money on fags or booze, dont go on foreign holidays every year.

My gear probably cost about £5 grand altogether. Some people spend that on fags in a year.

OK maybe not so many millionaires then, bank robbers? Give up the booze, are you mental? Most of my money goes on the bike, the motored variety.

Oh and my son, kids eh, bloody expensive.

I am going to let you into a well kept secret.If you want to earn, lots of money. To spend on Kit, Get onto the admin or Mod teams.

Then the money will realy start to roll in.

But remember it is a secret so dont go telling everyone. :D:D:D

Used to be a registered firearms Dealer. Changed jobs, now I am a store merchandiser. Totaly different but still just as enjoyable.

I buy and sell stately homes without them knowing.

Used to be a registered firearms Dealer. Changed jobs, now I am a store merchandiser. Totaly different but still just as enjoyable.

Ah, an ex bank robber :D

I'm a Staff Nurse in A&E...work full time, then add about 50hrs extra a month to pay for archery equipment and camera stuff (or more recently furniture for my new flat)

I'm the wringer out for a one armed window cleaner............

I am a technical support team leader for Toshiba.

I bought my (modest) dslr about three years back, by getting a bit more on my mortgage than I needed to, said it was kitchen improvements I think. Justified it to the missus by taking a few team photos of local youth football teams. Got enough orders to get £300 back on the costs, not bad.

Ambulance service, spend my days trying not to kill people. up to 70hrs per month OT pays for my toys/holidays/life.

Yeah what he said, and photographic evidence needed.

we are in the iron and steel business

the wife does the ironing and i do the stealing :exit:

I'm a freelance photographer of 35+ years - and it never gets any easier

I'm not rich, just an overworked and unpaid commercial photographer.
And I'm the sort of idiot who made you rich when you were a RFD - I spend all my money on shooting...

I'm out of work and have been since I was sixteen when I left school, a long time ago, or at least it feels like that :thinking: ..... I just love the wonderful benefits system we all enjoy. Anyway off to the yacht tomorrow for a bit of rest and relaxation :D

Am a Paramedic, have wife and 2 teenage kids. Thats why I have no expensive kit, well not till I win the lottery one day.

Am a Paramedic, have wife and 2 teenage kids. Thats why I have no expensive kit, well not till I win the lottery one day.

I pay for my kit by not buying lottery tickets...

(or having kids)

I had a lovely wife, a 5bedroom home in Vancouver, a small trimaran, raced with the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club, a Jaguar XK150 and she had a 1949 MG-TC and a Jaguar 3.8 MkII
.then I bought a camera....downhill ever since.....:LOL:

Had my kids before this hobby and nobody told me they were so damned expensive lol.

I'm not rich, just an overworked and unpaid commercial photographer.And I'm the sort of idiot who made you rich when you were a RFD - I spend all my money on shooting...

I was the manager of a retail outlet and I seemed to spend all my money on shooting aswell.:LOL: was a little shocked at what I had spent when the pistol hand in came about particularly as I had only been shooting seriously for a couple of years. Seems like I do all my hobbies full pelt or not at all.

I am an IT guy, not rich but can manage. Have a lovely wife who is very supportive. Thanks to my super duper brain-wash skills. Every time I make a £100, I spend £1000. :D I told her it is investment and I have got a company to cover it since you all told me it is expensive so I came prepare for the taxman. :p
Shall I tell you my new toys since June?
Studio backdrop kit;
Elinchorm 600 RX kit
Jinbei Discovery 600 (portable light)
Canon 400 f2.8

looking forward to adding more studio lighting kit...

Last edited:
Back