£150 for a cup of tea & sandwich.

The charities will not be getting anything from it, each charity will be offered 10 tickets each which they must pay for, they are allowed to pass on/sell just 4 of those tickets.

Wow. So if they were to charge £375 each for the 4 they can sell it would be "revenue neutral" for the charity? I'm surprised people aren't more angry about this.

I would stump up my £150 in a heartbeat if it wasn't way to far to go from Yorkshire.
Takes days by horse from there.

Wow. So if they were to charge £375 each for the 4 they can sell it would be "revenue neutral" for the charity? I'm surprised people aren't more angry about this.
Id pay a lot more than £375 for 4 ;)

I hope they use their own money and not the charities funds to buy the tickets in the first place.

Would the charity commission see it as a good use of the charities funds if they did not?

I personally, and I am sure many others would feel the same, that it would not be a good use of their funds

I hope they use their own money and not the charities funds to buy the tickets in the first place.

Would the charity commission see it as a good use of the charities funds if they did not?

I personally, and I am sure many others would feel the same, that it would not be a good use of their funds

This is how I get to £375. They can buy 10 tickets for £150 each but can only sell 4 of those. Obviously it would be wrong to use charity funds to get them so they would need to sell the 4 for £375 each to cover the £1,500 total.

That's a bit like the London Marathon places where charities pay up to £1,000 for each runner they have. It's also why they are so keen on minimum fund raising (and why it's unlikely I'll ever run the London Marathon).

[OT]Many years ago, when a cousin of mine was a probationer with the Met, he and his soon-to-be-wife were coerced into applying for places to run the LM. Neither are or were runners. Guess which couple got places!!! IIRC, both managed to wangle themselves to be on duty that day so avoided the pain.[/OT]

Back