Daily **058/366 added** *ACWS 366*

Good work so far - you've got some consistently nice, clean photographs. Nice work! Liking the portrait stuff in particular.

Thank you, I'm really getting into portait stuff but theres so much to learn!

Love the pics.

Have you tried cutting out the floor under the rug of the girl sitting down and straightening it? xx

Thanks, I think I'm going to try editing that now, will then replace the one I submitted originally :)
edit- now done :)

Well two weeks in and it's great to see your challenge going so well (y) as a poker lover that last one is great (y)

Matt

Thanks Matt, I love a bit of poker myself, even if it doesn't love me back!

Last edited:
Todays effort is an attempt to document what I've been doing this year.

The picture is a few from our first batch to be bottled this year. We were up doing it til early this morning!

016/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

Both of your recent ones are really good (y) I love the selective colouring idea (y) but I'm intrigued what is it that your bottling ???

Matt

Thanks Matt :)

The pale bottles are a dry white wine, and in the darker ones, are a wine made from strawberries.

First time doing a wine with strawberries so I'm quite surprised how it turned out. You can smell the strawberries but can't massively taste them, then again, it has only just been bottled. I'm going to leave it a while and come Autumn it should be much more fruity.

This is what is responsible for my lack of forum browsing time! This game is too addictive, and I get hooked on things like this too easily!

018/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

It's been a busy weekend, only just had a chance to look through what I've been taking.

Number 20 is from my girlfriends Mum's 50th Birthday party. By this stage they were all to drunk to care I was wondering around the dance floor with my camera (my ability to use the camera was also severely impaired by this stage) and caught a father and daughter dancing. I like the admiring look he's giving her.

020/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

Another narrow DOF shot was the order of the day. I'm liking the grainy film looking images at the moment, which is why a lot of the previous ones look like that!

021/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

Day 21, I love the processing and the shallow DoF it works really well (y) the focus is spot on but have you consider turning it 90 degree's clockwise that would make a lot more sense to my eyes as I found myself turning my laptop like that :LOL:

Matt

Day 21, I love the processing and the shallow DoF it works really well (y) the focus is spot on but have you consider turning it 90 degree's clockwise that would make a lot more sense to my eyes as I found myself turning my laptop like that :LOL:

Matt

Thanks Matt, and yes I think in hindsight that would have made more sense!

After a week filled with taking pictures for work I can now focus on my 366 again!

Yesterday was a try out with the 10-20 I just acquired :)

I hate the flaring, but love the lens! I'm yet to try it out during the day. This is one of a few I took of a friends car.

IMG_9975 by ACW#, on Flickr

You cannot beat a bit of ultra wide angle and the trails work well with this one (y) I agree that the flare is a little distracting, time to find somewhere without street lights (y)

Matt

Thanks Matt :)

I was meant to be retrying it this weekend, but it was snowing, so I thought sledging would be more fun! Heres some snow related 366 posts :)

I saw your sledging one on flickr earlier today and I think it's wonderful (y) also the panorama looks very good for a first attempt (y) you can just about make out some of the joins but it's not bad at all :D

Matt

MWHCVT said:
I saw your sledging one on flickr earlier today and I think it's wonderful (y) also the panorama looks very good for a first attempt (y) you can just about make out some of the joins but it's not bad at all :D

Matt

Thanks, I just shoved it into photoshop and let it to the rest, I should have checked the merge lines a little better! I've taken a few more this week on holiday, so hopefully they are an improvement!

Back to the photos! Clearing up some of the backlog today. Been taking too many and not getting round to sorting them!

039/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

Last edited:

041/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

First sunset from the holiday.

Edit: looks better bigger, you can't quite make it out in this size, but the figure is holding a camera taking a picture.

Had a 10-20 as the walkabout for the day, so was trying some abstract style shots, hope you like. I know it looks wonky, but it does line up with the window on the left.

044/466 by ACW#, on Flickr

047/366

Todays spot was a Little Bittern :) which made my day.

IMG_1538 by ACW#, on Flickr

a few more of the bird set is here.

Last edited:
Another bird today, not your average British garden bird

048/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last picture from Portugal, spotted him on a walk before heading to the Airport, we played chase around the lagoon, this was as close as I could get.

049/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back