18-200 vr nikon lens £200 amazon (no good)

I get the feeling you won't get it though ;)

Nor will anyone who buys the D700 for £710, the D300 for £390 or any of the other "too-good-to-be-true" cameras, tvs etc that they have listed....

oh dear. At least Amazon are quick to refund.

I saw a Canon 5D MKII for £800 yesterday.

Guys is this what I am seeing on Amazon. Take a good camera like a D300 or a D700, a 5D etc. and they very often have a bargain price one in used-like new Marketplace sellers e.g. used D700 at £850

When you go to the Storefront although the seller name changes it is always almost the same. A store that claims to have these items for sale, all the best electrical gadgetry such as ipods, tvs, camcorders, cameras, lenses etc. The name of the store changes but the goods are always very similar. I wouldn't take the risk of sending money as we all know D700's aren't £850 quid, nor are D300's £450. The stores always have good feedback and appear to have a long history. What I can't understand is why these stores repeatedly list under the Amazon name and they are too good to be true. Tell me they are not really sending out these items at this price? So what happens, does Amazon just refund you or is someone getting ripped off.

Eg: [URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html/ref=olp_offerlisting_1?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&asin=B000VDATEI&marketplaceSeller=0&seller=A2MCXA11KBU0XI[/URL]

Last edited:
Well i ordered it :eek:
They have told me it will be delivered on the 8th???
if it doesn't turn up i will report
and shout:crying:
al

Please keep us updated. I have been looking at these bargains for weeks and wondered what the outcomes were. I have always seen the items sell and wondered what happened so hopefully you will report back please! :)

Please keep us updated. I have been looking at these bargains for weeks and wondered what the outcomes were. I have always seen the items sell and wondered what happened so hopefully you will report back please! :)

I saw I had a message added by "blackcloud" and thought "this isn't going to be good:eek:
I've wondered also so will see what turns up or not.
Heres hoping for a "silver lining";)
sorry I'll get my coat:)
al

I've seen loads of these sellers on Amazon recently (always selling cameras and TVs, and with a history of selling books!). Whether they're all the same..? Saw a D80 for £250, but emailed them first as it seemed toog good to be true, and the seller replied saying it would be sent from Italy, and that I should send my details to them to complete the transaction outside Amazon. NO WAY MISTER! :p

Well that was a quick outcome.. Amazon cancelled my order and won't charge my account because "item is cancelled (unavailable)
You were all right.:thumbsdown:
al

Don't mean to be cheeky but I've just put one up in the 'for sale' section if you are interested in this lens. (y)

I've ordered several items like this but generally the order is cancelled within a couple of days by amazon. I'm currently waiting for a D700 for £800 (+£5 shipping) but I'm not holding my breath.:nuts:

Ok, last few posts confirm what I am saying in my first post - and also exactly the same point being made by Claire. So why don't Amazon ban all these time-wasting sellers? The format is always the same.

If anyone wants to see what we are saying look up bargain priced top quality cameras on Amazon Marketplace over the next week or two and you will see what we mean. :)

Back