1D MK111 & !DS MK111 RECALL LINK

Ive never done the calibration, mine are all 0, mind you i havent really tested it yet since i got it back :)

Hmmm in fact ive just read this on another forum, and if this is the recommended way of doing it and you should have the target at leadt 50 times the focal length of the lens away, 50 times 600mm is 30m away ?

Aye, Ian, that 600 of yours is a beast......:D(y)

just found out why I hadn't had contact, I messed up my email address :confused: Being picked up tuesday :)

Doh! dod... :LOL:

sorry... couldn't resist it

Gave the girl on the phone a good laugh too :LOL: Gave them the start of one email and the end of another.

Hope we'll have some feedback from you lucky guys that have had the fix soon......!!

Just back from Twickenham. Got to say that I'm well impressed with my "fixed" 1DIII. Superb performance from the camera today, with crispy accurate focusing throughout. I was using a 300 2.8, occasionally with a 1.4x extender, and a 24-105.

I've already wired some pics out, and I'm just going through the rest of the shots now. Whilst I never really thought I had a problem with the camera before the recall, I can see that I have a significantly higher proportion of sharp crisp shots than I had previously. Whereas previously I found that occasionally the shot I wanted in a sequence was marginally soft, today every pic in a sequence of 10 or so has been spot on.

Very happy. Pics to follow on another thread in the sports section, probably tomorrow.

Tobers

My mkIII packed up today .. 4th problem in 8 mths thats rendered the camera unusable.. just sits there with err99 on top screen.. even if i turn camera off it flashes it.. thats it.. nothing else works..

Time for a "fit for purpose" claim and get a replacement... Omnudsman or whoever he is.. massive problems for me now.. starting wiht final playoff ice hockey on sunday and work set for all week :(

If I could afford the switch i would be with nikon this time next week :(

seriosuly? :) very luverly thought :) But I would be scared to use anyone elses in case i broke it :0

Anyone know if "fit for use" goes back to shop or back to canon?

seriosuly? :) very luverly thought :) But I would be scared to use anyone elses in case i broke it :0

Anyone know if "fit for use" goes back to shop or back to canon?

I think under the sale of goods act and other consumer legislation then any contract you have is with the supplier (ie the shop) and not with the manufacturer.

Having said that, most shops are quite happy to ignore the law and will no doubt do their best to point you back to Canon.

decided hijacking this thread so started a new one.. oops thanks for the info..

Ive just re-calibrated my 24-70 L series and it came in at -3
my 100-400 l series came in at +12
got camera back re- calibrated all In need now is to get out..:nuts:

sharpening in the camera and at what level ... general question to all ???:cautious:

Well, I'm cautiously optimistic. Just had a first sift through the shots from yesterday's shoot. A few hundred images, all using off centre focus points and a mixture of one shot and AI servo. There appear to be none of the mysteriously slightly OOF shots that used to pop up pretty regularly and the images are pin sharp where I intended them to be sharp. Certainly encouraging :)
Images were taken with a 24-105 and 70-200 f4 which have been microadjusted to +2 and -5 respectively compard to +7 and 0 before the latest trip to Canon

Mine are boxed and ready to go tomorrow plus the 85mm 1.2 for a service and clean, hopefully free of charge.

mine goes back tomorrow too, hasn't been cleaned from the weekend either, haven't had time :confused:

ah well delivered now, any more experience of how the "fix" is in real life?

Canon was great, 4 days to collect my 1ds mk 3 and return it, However the courier UPS when i went on there site to track the package said it could not be delivered and was getting returned to shipper, and UPS did not even give an explanation, they just agreed it was not delivered, but it had been and came back 4 days later, top marks to canon and no points to UPS who had a terrible could not be bothered attitude, oh and one rather stroppy manager who just ignored the question, where do you think my package is.

What about my 2 lenses can they be calibrated, I have a 16-35 l usm 2.8 and a 70-200 l is usm 2.8
I would like to know if there is any corrwction adjustment that can be done on them.

Regards Steve

Canon Spain picked mine up Tues and have just told me i'm to get them back Fri, then told me my 85mm 1.2 needs 380 Euros work done on it :crying:.

Mine was collected today. Fingers crossed for its safe return.

Got mine back today, hopefully get a chance to try out this weekend.

Mine is supposed to be being picked up on Monday 30/03 but I didn't receive an email yesterday 27/03 with confirmation/UPS tracking number as stated on a previous email from Canon:shrug:

Did everyone who sent theirs in receive this email a few days before?

They have done a stunning job on my mk3 and 300L, now I need +20 micro adjustment on my 300 and its just way off on my 1dsmk2.:bang:

So did you end up paying to get the 85L sorted?What was wrong with it?

Had a new USM fitted 18 months ago which i managed to wangle on insurance after being quoted £1200.00, but it came back with marks inside one of the front elements, turns out what i thought was smudges was something more sinister and requires a new element (380 Euros) ouch :shrug:

Just received the text messsage to say it's on it's way home. Collected Tuesday (31st March) and home (hopefully) tomorrow. Four days in total - I can live with that. (y)

mine arrived back today and like an idiot I've left it in the office :bang:

Mine was collected last Thursday and delivered back yesterday, went to Canon at Elstree, really pleased to have it back in time for my hols today(y) Of to Skomer, Ramsey etc a bit early but not so busy and there is still plenty to see:clap:

Mine is scheduled for delivery today. Looking forward to testing it out this weekend...

Anyone got more info yet, this seems to have gone dead???....

George,

Well as we discussed before you went en tour, I'm really happy with mine now, not that I had a problem before! I took over 3200 shots a week last Sunday, a local running club paid me a fee and I handed over a disk with all the shots on it, warts and all, then later I was at the quad bikes, pics are on here somewhere and I was happy with the outcome!

Last Sunday I went to Knockhill, again pics on here, and the faster moving targets convinced me everything was ok.

I'm not saying that I had 100% keepers but I could see a difference!

One thing it has highlighted is the 70-200 2.8 IS does not focus so well in bright light. I have tested this today and I'm convinced the pics look a lot sharper if the subject has for example trees for a background rather than say a light grey harled wall.

I've spent the afternoon microadjusting the lens with the aid of my sons eyesight, lol, and it's now at +10 so we shall see how we get on in the next few days. It seems to need +7 at the 70mm end and +13 at the 200mm end. Any ideas?

How was the holiday, or are you still on it?

George,

Well as we discussed before you went en tour, I'm really happy with mine now, not that I had a problem before! I took over 3200 shots a week last Sunday, a local running club paid me a fee and I handed over a disk with all the shots on it, warts and all, then later I was at the quad bikes, pics are on here somewhere and I was happy with the outcome!

Last Sunday I went to Knockhill, again pics on here, and the faster moving targets convinced me everything was ok.

I'm not saying that I had 100% keepers but I could see a difference!

One thing it has highlighted is the 70-200 2.8 IS does not focus so well in bright light. I have tested this today and I'm convinced the pics look a lot sharper if the subject has for example trees for a background rather than say a light grey harled wall.

I've spent the afternoon microadjusting the lens with the aid of my sons eyesight, lol, and it's now at +10 so we shall see how we get on in the next few days. It seems to need +7 at the 70mm end and +13 at the 200mm end. Any ideas?

Yea, still on it, unfortunately ankles finally given up the ghost so no more skiing for me!!

We can try the 70-200 on my body when I get back if you like, I must admit I set up the micro adj always at the full zoom and I haven't tried it at the short end.
If that's the case, I think it may be back to Elstree with a complaint! Will chat on my return, still another 2 weeks to go.
George

my pics are in the motorsport section from brands hatch, all taken with my fixed mkIII, i must say the keeper rate is nearly about 95% now.

So you see a substantial difference? I'd have assumed you were only using centre point before, has it improved this?
Thanks, george

I see nothing unusual here, it is normal for a zoom to be sharper at one end or the other and canon recomend adjusting at the long end, by seting yours to +10 you have a happy medium.

Back