weekly 2009, 2011, 2016! Kennysarmy's third 52 week challenge...

Hi Jeff. Clean, sharp, colourful image with that full-size cue for size contrast. Very well composed and taken :clap:

Fab vibrant inge - focus is crisp and sharp across the image

Cool stuff!

Like the mini pool table. Nice clean sharp image and the green really stands out. Is that a full size cue? If so, the table is probably bigger in real life than I had been imagining to start with.

A perfect shot for the theme Jeff, the lighting gives it a softer glow than stark white, there's a little wrinkle top left, is it on a white cloth ?

It was a white pop-up reflector laid on the floor - lighting was just a flash on camera bounced off the ceiling and wall - nothing fancy and yea this is a slight wrinkle - should have seen how many I did clone out!

Good take on the theme I agree the Cue is fitting and works well to show scale

Last edited:
Nice one ... I like the sharp lines on the cushions.

It would be nice to see the tip of the cue maybe OOF in the FG ... but I know that would require a whole different set-up.

Great take on 'happy'. Great DoF and brilliant colours both in the foreground and in the background.

Miniature: Nicely done, Jeff. I think you've captured the theme well with that composition. A slightly different take might be to lower the POV slightly - it might give the shot a touch more impact, but then again it might not. You'd probably get longer shadows to play with which might be a curse or not.

Happy: great focus on the chips and that tells a story to me - maybe the footie's just a bit dull :) Seeing slightly more of the face looking content would be the icing on the cake (or the sauce on the chips, so to speak) but I realise that might have been difficult in the circumstances.

Great job all round!

Yeah, I'd be Happy too - nothing like scoffing a bag of chips in the open air. Well done for the interpretation.

Nice one! Perfectly cropped/framed ... just behind the ear, taking the top off his head .. making him perfectly recognisable whilst the eye is, of course, drawn to those beautiful looking chips.

Abandoned, at least someone had a half decent sky recently :)

Looks almost new. I'd prefer a different perspective, I think, maybe square on view of the entrance with the sign included....might have been tempted to edit the text though :)

Cheers.

Interesting contrast of a newish looking building with a bright blue sky being abandoned, I like this take on the theme.

Nice colours in this, although it took me a second to pick up on the abandoned theme, as the building looks fairly recent. Maybe getting in closer and isolating the entrance and graffiti would make it a bit more obvious though. Overall a nice image with good exposure (y)

Nice colours in this, although it took me a second to pick up on the abandoned theme, as the building looks fairly recent. Maybe getting in closer and isolating the entrance and graffiti would make it a bit more obvious though. Overall a nice image with good exposure (y)

Yes, you do have to read the words to get the "this building has been abandoned in favour of another"....

Back