2014 ETC.... project - December's themes now on

This one is a new one that wasn't done last year! Come on, don't give up now :LOL:

Yay, good to see you back. I might even give this month's a go. I need to speak to my football club though and see if they'll allow me to sit in the ground for an afternoon as I'd love to try it with the stadium

Oooooo, Novemeber does look good :) I was out on a TP night meet in Saturday as well.

So, who is actually still in the game??

Cheers.

Think they've all deserted me :crying:

Kelly, I promise to have a go at December's theme, I'm sure I will find something to do, after all I have almost the entire year to select a theme I didn't do from :LOL:

Last edited:
Is there likely to be a 12 type project for 2015 Kelly? I'd understand if there wasn't after the bunch of slackers you got landed with this year :naughty:

Any ideas why this wasn't well supported?
  • Too many themes each month?
  • Too few participants?
  • Themes too challenging?
I considered it this year but when I did the maths and realised that 6 per month is more than one a week I plumped for the 52 again. :)

Yes, I might look at changing the rules slightly. It was a bit of a mix but it should have been 6 pictures per month. Whether that was all 6 themes or just 6 in one theme. I tried to keep it light but I failed lol. Over the next few weeks, if all those who took part over both years want to give me some feedback about how it could be changed to get more participation, I'm open to it

I really don't think you failed Kelly..... Looking back through the full list there are some cracking themes / ideas in there.

For my 2p I see the 12 as slightly slower paced / less urgent version of a 52, with more time to plan and execute your idea.

I was sat here thinking that submitting 2 themes out of the 6 would be a nice pace... But there's no hard and fast rule that says you have to do all 6, or even the three suggested?

Like you, I'd be interested to hear any suggestions from the other guys. (y)

I don't think I ever submitted a photograph for every monthly theme. I chose those that I wanted to try or appealed to me.

As Graham said, there was nothing to say that you to post a photograph for every theme. Making it simple by saying, "There will be 6 themes/ideas/techniques posted each month, do as many or as few as you want".

I have to say, though, that some of the themes Kelly posted a crackers.

Cheers.

I personally dont think there is anything wrong with the format, in the early days I really enjoyed it, I just have not got the camera out in the past few months as I had another major project to do.

I think I will do it again next year as it did make me think outside the box.

I had too much on my plate, I overcommitted, it's as simple as that. On the plus side, a couple of the themes I did have a good go at - Joiners and time lapses - have become firm favourites of mine... and still there's more to learn!

I think if there had been more people to start with it might have kept the momentum going in the discussion thread which would have helped I'm sure.

Of course none of this is your fault Kelly. Thank you for hosting this, sorry I let you down.

Last edited:
I'm signing up for 2015, with more time this year I shall finish the unfinished business of last year and hopefully learn some more.

Yes, it will be, I'll be sorting out the post tomorrow

Back