2014 ETC.... project - December's themes now on

That's me done for January.

I have to say..... i really enjoyed that.

Key learning points for me were using flash to freeze motion in high speed, radial blur creates a nice effect and learning how to erase backgrounds and then invert masks for multiplicity.
Looking forward to February's themes.......

Cheers all

Alan

Haha give me a chance, I've just woken up :LOL:

Woo Hoo, Febs themes now online, bring it on!

What are peoples first thoughts/ideas then?

Last edited:
Holy moley, not bubbles again... :D

Need to think of something different to what I did for my 52.

Star trails and motion blur will be amazeballs to try.

No idea what a dear photograph is and no idea what to use for the object one.

Google time. :D

Bloomin heck, where did the time go? Sorry everyone I have just been SO busy doing other things that my photography has been on the back burner.

So where am I up to, well I still want to crack the "joiner" to my satisfaction and I hope to catch up with Feb's themes at the weekend meet a week on Thursday, as it's a photo meet I should be able to find the time!
I shall be doing the rounds on everyone elses threads over the next few days to see where you lot are up to.

March's themes now on :D

Time lapse eh? I've been meaning to have a go at these (there's some great city scape ones on the web)... I think I will have to dig my go pro out of the ballooning bag!

Brian, just bear in mind that the gopro doesn't lock shutter speed and ISO!

All part of the learning curve, I've been meaning to try it for ages. That's part of the reason I wanted to do the etc. to get me to try the stuff I've never gotten round to!

Updated :D

*Contre Jour
*Create a cinemagraph - moving gif
*Long exposure - daylight
*Perspective deception
*Planet Panorama (miniature Planet)
*Tilt Shift

Thanks Kelly, looking forward to trying some "perspective deception" out and the cinemagraph too. Love a bit of contré jour so I will enjoy that too, the 10 stopper will get some more use (although I'm thinking maybe I will try out some IR for the daytime long exposure) I haven't done a tilt shift in ages but I'm sure some aerial shots from the balloon would make really good ones. Planet panorama I find a bit naff but (if I remember correctly) Nick did a Ken Dodd one last year that was really amusing so maybe I will give something similar a go too.

I will try to catch up on everyone elses threads too, apologies to all. Since the weather has changed at last I've been busy making the most of the light winds (after 4½ months of unsuitable weather and/or landing fields)

Don't forget to look at last year's entries from the challenge

May's themes now on :D

I agree David, I must make sure that I actual post up some of my images this month, April was just manic!

Sorry for my absence. I will try to be more present in May. and I will also try and catch up with where everyone else is up to.

Oops sorry, have now updated with June's themes

June's themes are:
*360 Panorama
*Creative self-portrait - something different
*Panoramic Landscape/Urban/Architecture
*Reflection/Mirror
*Triptych
*Write on things and then photograph them

Thanks Kelly.

Triptych I have struggled with in the past so I think I might be having a stab at improving myself on that one.
Panoramas I love but I haven't done any in ages so perhaps I can get have a go at one of those, I have an idea already actually!

I'm going to try harder to find the time this month I promise!

Some interesting themes, I am going to try and do all of them this month!

Thanks Kel. :)

Brian, you have the perfect tool for a 360!!

What, do you mean my 360° rotating neck? LOL - I have tried it before and it's not that easy! but I'm hoping to fly in Yorkshire on the last weekend of the month so it might be worth another go when I'm up there up there!

So, it's the longest day of the year tomorrow and pretty much half way through 2014 :eek:

Just where has the first half of the year gone.

I thought I'd pop along and see how my little band of ETCers are doing. Hope that you are enjoying it. I have been following the progress made and think you are doing very well.

@Longimanus
@Brian_of_Bozeat
@ams99
@minnnt
@planetjamez

I'm a bit disappointed by my lack of submissions to be honest. I'm still "in", I've just had no time for photography these last couple of months. :( - I keep telling myself I will do more. Hoping to get a few panoramas when I'm in London this weekend.

I know what you mean Brian, I keep saying to myself that I will get this done and then before you know it, the end of the month is on you!

Back