24" x 20" Canvas - £19.99 Delivered

I shall forage in Focus as they might have the appropriate doodads. Will be easier to hang them properly with the right thing rather than try and bodge it with the loops if they won't make a good job of it. Would prefer them flush to the wall (wall allowing).

You want THESE. (y)

Larger sizes now available.... good prices on these also.

12 x 12 - £17.99
16 x 12 - £18.49
16 x 16 - £18.99
18 x 12 - £18.99
20 x 16 - £19.49
20 x 20 - £19.99
24 x 16 - £19.99
24 x 20 - £19.99
30 x 12 - £18.99
30 x 15 - £19.49
30 x 20 - £29.99

Last edited:
Just got my 3rd one from them, must say great service and price once you get the measurements correct. :) very happy

That was one of my main gripes with the Snapmad and their website, it doesn't show you how it's going to manipulate the image to fit it on the canvas.

In the end I made sure I submitted a 20"x24" ratio image, and did the maths to ensure there'd be the correct amount of image would form the wraparound without chopping any important bits of the image out.

I was a bit worried about colour reproduction too, my monitors aren't perfectly calibrated, but the Canvas came exactly as I intended, so I was more than happy with it.

Just received this canvas today and I am more than happy with it I have not lost any of my image due to cropping I have attached an image of how I did it. The wrap on my image was added using “Perfect Resize” but you could probably do it in photoshop etc as well.

I emailed them and they said the following.

“PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE MAIN SUBJECT OF THE IMAGE HAS ADEQUATE SPACE AROUND IT TO ALLOW FOR FOLDING AROUND THE FRAME - in other words, please remember to allow at least 2x40mm=80mm in both the width and the height to allow for the edges. Please remember that the image will lose 40mm all round, so please do not upload images that contain subject matter close to the edge.”

This info conflicts with the info on the site which says leave 35mm. however I decided to go with the 40mm as this was the newer info.
Looking at my image I guess the 35mm would have been spot on but to be honest I will probably continue with the 40mm to allow for it not being placed exactly central and I’d rather have the join on the side of the canvas than on the front.

Aiy8i.jpg

jMzEP.jpg

mine has come, and must say it looks great, and i would think 99.9% of customers would be happy.
only fault it didint come with anything to hang it(bracket).
i didnt realise it was part of 7 day shop to.
will i buy again yes(just about to)

It should have had a bracket and two screw cellotaped to the back of the frame?
I didn't ue that though, as our walls are wonky, and I thought it would be too easy to knock off the wall.

I bought some 3M Command Strip Picture Mounts. They're great. Like really strong velcro.

http://www.3mselect.co.uk/p-2131-co...g-strips-large-18kg-for-hanging-pictures.aspx

I didn't ue that though, as our walls are wonky, and I thought it would be too easy to knock off the wall.

I bought some 3M Command Strip Picture Mounts. They're great. Like really strong velcro.

http://www.3mselect.co.uk/p-2131-co...g-strips-large-18kg-for-hanging-pictures.aspx
thanks, i thought it should have had something. all i have done is tacked 2 nails in the back and hung them over the screw in the wall works a treat.

Last edited:

Let us know how you get on with those as I tried them a few months ago and had a couple of canvases fall down, damaging them. One, however, is still up :shrug:

Let us know how you get on with those as I tried them a few months ago and had a couple of canvases fall down, damaging them. One, however, is still up :shrug:

It's been up a week, and no sign of falling down yet.

I think the actual velcro stuff is very strong, just depends how well it sticks to the wall.

Ordered one Sunday night. Email recieved to say order has been confirmed but nothing else.

Mine came a minute ago. Very impressed. I took a picture of New York in black and white, seriously impressed with it, it looks stunning. I am off to B and Q to have a look for a nice mount to put it on the wall.

Mine arrived today, haven't seen it yet as it was sent to my brother's house, but he says It's excellent quality and I'd wouldn't believe me when I told him it was only 20 quid delivered.
Overall, I'm very impressed and will definitely use again

I have had an email from 7dayshop offering 25% off my first order but cant seem to find any code/any auto discount etc.

has anyone else had similar experiences?

Yes I had this and all you do is sign into snap-mad with your 7 dayshop username and password and when you order the discount comes off automatically I have just did and it works fine

Thanks for posting! Got a 20 X 24 today! Turned it round in a week!
Fantastic service great canvas print... very competitive price. I will definitely use again!

Hi everyone,

Could someone please help me, i would like the below picture put on to canvas however i believe the subject is to close to the edge and would like pants if it were printed as is, however i dont no how to fix this.

AccommodationRESHOOTedit by j.fordham, on Flickr

I don't mind having a black edge the full width of the wraped edge if need be.

Could someone explain how to do this or would i be better with a different image or even re-shoot it?

Thanks

James

Hi everyone,

Could someone please help me, i would like the below picture put on to canvas however i believe the subject is to close to the edge and would like pants if it were printed as is, however i dont no how to fix this.

AccommodationRESHOOTedit by j.fordham, on Flickr

I don't mind having a black edge the full width of the wraped edge if need be.

Could someone explain how to do this or would i be better with a different image or even re-shoot it?

Thanks

James

If you look at post 205 in this thread I have described how I added extra space to the image using Perfect Resize. I have now done 2 more of these where I have added 3.5 cm to each side ie an extra 7cm to height and width so far I have no complaints at all.
This is how your image would look with the canvas wrap added the reflected edge is what would be wrapped around the canvas so you should not lose any of your image.

cNniv.jpg

If you do not have access to Perfect Resize you could try cloning the extra width and height.
I cannot of course guarantee that adding 3.5cm as I have done will be perfect every time but so far it has worked ok for me.

Last edited:
If you look at post 205 in this thread I have described how I added extra space to the image using Perfect Resize. I have now done 2 more of these where I have added 3.5 cm to each side ie an extra 7cm to height and width so far I have no complaints at all.
This is how your image would look with the canvas wrap added the reflected edge is what would be wrapped around the canvas so you should not lose any of your image.

cNniv.jpg

If you do not have access to Perfect Resize you could try cloning the extra width and height.
I cannot of course guarantee that adding 3.5cm as I have done will be perfect every time but so far it has worked ok for me.

Thanks for that Dale,

I have download a trial of Perfect Resize so i'll have a play, but it just doesn't look right, would the shadow of the camper not be on the furthest edge? I might have play and print a few of and fold them to see what it look like?

Thanks again.

James

Thanks for that Dale,

I have download a trial of Perfect Resize so i'll have a play, but it just doesn't look right, would the shadow of the camper not be on the furthest edge? I might have play and print a few of and fold them to see what it look like?

Thanks again.

James

The reason you can see the shadow is I did the wrap on "reflect" mode. You have 4 choices Reflect, Reflect Soft, Stretch & Stretch Soft. The example I posted of the castle was done in Reflect mode.
This is one I did on "Stretch Soft" mode.

5Qalz.jpg

The reason you can see the shadow is I did the wrap on "reflect" mode. You have 4 choices Reflect, Reflect Soft, Stretch & Stretch Soft. The example I posted of the castle was done in Reflect mode.
This is one I did on "Stretch Soft" mode.

5Qalz.jpg

What Castle?

Anyway thanks for the help, can i just run something by you?

What i am doing is as follows.

• Making sure the base image is 18x12 (the size of the canvas i want.
  • then with prefect resize adding a 35-40mm gallery wrap in whatever method i decide on.
  • then click apply, are we then saying that this "should" then be ok to have printed by snapmad? so all of the added gallery wrap should be on the sides of the finished canvas correct?

Thanks again Dale,

James

What Castle?

Anyway thanks for the help, can i just run something by you?

What i am doing is as follows.

• Making sure the base image is 18x12 (the size of the canvas i want.
  • then with prefect resize adding a 35-40mm gallery wrap in whatever method i decide on.
  • then click apply, are we then saying that this "should" then be ok to have printed by snapmad? so all of the added gallery wrap should be on the sides of the finished canvas correct?

Thanks again Dale,

James

Yes correct, that is what I did and it worked ok.
The castle I'm refering to is the photo in post 205 in this thread I should probably have described is as the photo of the rocks but if you look closely Dunstanburgh Castle is in the distance.

Last edited:
Could someone please tell me how to use the little hook attached to the back of canvas

It goes on the centre/underside of the top of the frame - turn it so that the small saw-toothed edge is facing downwards and place it on the back - the small lip on it sits on the underside of the frame and stops it from slipping upwards - fix it on there, then a pin in the wall sits on the saw-toothed edge.... simples (if I explained it ok?) :shrug:

Ordered a 24x16 on Friday night, got an email saying it had been despatched on Monday and it was with me by Wednesday! Well packaged and I am very pleased with the result. Colours are pretty much spot on and I am amazed at the clarity of the print - I thought I was going to be at the limits of resolution but it looks fine.

You can see where they have saved time - e.g. in the corner folds but for £20 delivered I think they're going to get a few more orders (y)

It goes on the centre/underside of the top of the frame - turn it so that the small saw-toothed edge is facing downwards and place it on the back - the small lip on it sits on the underside of the frame and stops it from slipping upwards - fix it on there, then a pin in the wall sits on the saw-toothed edge.... simples (if I explained it ok?) :shrug:

Thank you, I will try that next time but I just got sick of messing and hammered a big nail in the wall and its sitting on that :bonk: :D

What worried me about snapmad is that I read somewhere that the goverment plan to close the loophole that allows companies to set up on places like Jersey etc and ship to the UK and avoid taxes. If that happened would that be the end of snapmad or would their prices go sky high

Last edited:
What worried me about snapmad is that I read somewhere that the goverment plan to close the loophole that allows companies to set up on places like Jersey etc and ship to the UK and avoid taxes. If that happened would that be the end of snapmad or would their prices go sky high

Wasn't that only something to do with them being tax havens?

Maybe you're right, as I remember reading something about large companies having bases there and are then allowed to import goods from that location VAT free... I'm not sure how it would apply to actual retailers from these places though. I think they're actually after the 'big boys' who play by different rules than the likes of me and you.....

Wasn't that only something to do with them being tax havens?

Maybe you're right, as I remember reading something about large companies having bases there and are then allowed to import goods from that location VAT free... I'm not sure how it would apply to actual retailers from these places though. I think they're actually after the 'big boys' who play by different rules than the likes of me and you.....

Its not me I am worried about its these companies (like snapmad, 7 Day shop etc) where were we all get bargains from either closing or putting their prices up to high street rates.

Thanks for the info - I'm wary of things that seem too good to be true so it's good to have recommendations.

Maybe you're right, as I remember reading something about large companies having bases there and are then allowed to import goods from that location VAT free... I'm not sure how it would apply to actual retailers from these places though.

The prices would go up by 20% - the VAT that they'll have to charge - so a £20 product will become £24..... so perhaps still cheaper than the high street...

Back