365 : A self portrait every day for one year

Hi Marcel - I expect you may get a flood of responses in the next few days - but here's mine, a big thank you for sharing your ups and downs that I guess we all feel in some way from time to time, and congrats for keeping the best thread going for the advertised 365!:clap:

Good luck with the new years resolutions, and please continue to post updates of 'Marcels adventures in self portraits' - even if it's not on a daily basis...(y)

Cheers,

mark

362.365 : Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Marcel Booth posted a photo:

We have the neighbours round this evening for a night of drinking, food and fun and games.

Naturally once the alchohol has set in, the Wii goes on :D Wii sports > Bowling :D
We did have a play of Mario and Sonic at the Olympics but boy is that tiring! (And not easy when you're drunk!) :D

So back to good old faithful, wii sports :D
Tomorrow is my last night of consumption before the new 'regime' starts, and the new 'me' begins.

Onwards and upwards!!!!! (But gimme a lie in first) :D

081231_5814

More...

On the home straight now, Marcel! One of the things I've been doing first thing in the morning is to home in straight to this thread as soon as I've got TP on.
Thank you for putting together such an amazing thread, I know how hard work it is as I'm almost clean halfway through mine one's (I started mine's on July 1st). Mind you, your's must be a huge challenge as it's been based on one theme: yourself. At least mine's are just random shots of anything, as long as it looks good. And you're been having to slave over a hot server to keep TP running!
Give Marcel a round of applause. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well done! (y)

Hey Marcel! You don't know me from a hole in the wall but I feel like, over the past year, I've gotten to know you. I've been reading this thread all year and just registered the other day. The reason for registering is just to say I admire your candor and willingness to share your inner battles with complete strangers. I hope all the best for you in the new year. Stick to your plans, really! and good things will happen. All the best for 2009, Marcel.

-Paul, in Canada

360.365 : Baileys and Hot Chocolate

This tempts me to consider getting some Baileys but does it detract from the most important ingredient, the chocolate?
Never let anyone tell you Marcel, that you do not have dedication to a theme
high 5.gif

Have been loving this thread, glad to see you have managed to stick with it. Are you going to compile your 365 into a Blurb book when you have finished?

Hi Marcel - I expect you may get a flood of responses in the next few days - but here's mine, a big thank you for sharing your ups and downs that I guess we all feel in some way from time to time, and congrats for keeping the best thread going for the advertised 365!

Good luck with the new years resolutions, and please continue to post updates of 'Marcels adventures in self portraits' - even if it's not on a daily basis...

Cheers,

mark

Thanks very much Mark. I've definitely decided I'm not doing this 365 style again. However, I've come to realise that I've actually enjoyed the writing part just as much. Sharing my ups and downs (like you say, that everyone feels, so it's been helpful to make me feel 'normal' in some way).
So I think I may do a 52weeks type project in a similar fashion. I'm not sure yet

On the home straight now, Marcel! One of the things I've been doing first thing in the morning is to home in straight to this thread as soon as I've got TP on.
Thank you for putting together such an amazing thread, I know how hard work it is as I'm almost clean halfway through mine one's (I started mine's on July 1st). Mind you, your's must be a huge challenge as it's been based on one theme: yourself. At least mine's are just random shots of anything, as long as it looks good. And you're been having to slave over a hot server to keep TP running!
Give Marcel a round of applause. :clap: Well done! (y)

Thanks very much Ian. I know I've said it before, but while it can be a chore some days. Most day's it's been fun, and it's been greatly rewarding. I'm glad that so many people have enjoyed reading it. Seriously.
Keep yours going. It doesn't matter what the photos are of ;) (At least I don't have far to look for a subject.....lol)
Keep up the good work, and it won't be long before you too are at the finish line :)

Hey Marcel! You don't know me from a hole in the wall but I feel like, over the past year, I've gotten to know you. I've been reading this thread all year and just registered the other day. The reason for registering is just to say I admire your candor and willingness to share your inner battles with complete strangers. I hope all the best for you in the new year. Stick to your plans, really! and good things will happen. All the best for 2009, Marcel.

-Paul, in Canada

Thanks very much Paul. And thanks for taking the time not just to register to say so, but to keep coming back to read my daily ups and downs. I must admit from my side of the screen, it does read a little boring to me.
I do often think 'Why would people want to read about the boring stuff in my life?'. Then I realised if the tables were turned, I would like to read it too. I can only hope that my ups, downs and tribulations etc have helped others who experience the same, realise that they are normal. That they're not alone in the things they think, if you see what I mean?

This tempts me to consider getting some Baileys but does it detract from the most important ingredient, the chocolate?
Never let anyone tell you Marcel, that you do not have dedication to a theme

It certainly doesn't take away from the chocolate. The two cheeky spoonfuls of Green and Blacks hot chocolate really helped lift the cocoa content too :D
Although even without (I had one last night without the G&B), and it was luuuuush :D

Have been loving this thread, glad to see you have managed to stick with it. Are you going to compile your 365 into a Blurb book when you have finished?

Thanks very much Foggy (I've finished with the Calibrator too!). I'm definitely going to compile a Blurb Photobook...
I'm even going to use my TP £5 voucher to do it :D

Marcel, what are we going to do without your thread ! As my name suggests I do more looking than posting and your 365 has been my first port of call since I found TP. Not just for the pictures but the daily update on your trials, tribulations, happy times with your family and times when you have been feeling down. Thank you for sharing it all with us and I hope you and your family have a 2009 filled with happiness and fun.

Marcel I am going to suffer withdrawl symptoms without your 365!

Seriously M8 your thread has been a real inspiration to us all. We've shared your highs and lows.

Reading through your various post there's no doubt your a great husband to Mrs Marcel and a great father to your children.

Marcel I wish you, your wife and your children a Happy New Year!

Ok Mrs Marcel it's your turn to do a 365!!!!

Thanks again for the kind words everyone.

Don't worry today isn't the last one! :D
My last day will be day 366 which is on Saturday the 3rd (I didnt start until the 3rd of Jan 08 ;))

Thanks again for the kind words everyone.

Don't worry today isn't the last one! :D
My last day will be day 366 which is on Saturday the 3rd (I didnt start until the 3rd of Jan 08 ;))

I did hear a rumour your final post on this thread was you going to be fully naked! No need for that or are you rising to the occasion?!!!

363.365 : It's almost 2009

This is my last 365 of 2008 and i'm doing it from my mobile. I'm at a friend's house with my family..almost ready to see the new year in. . Singing auld lang syne. Two more days of my 365 to go! Thanks to everyone who has followed my journey or commented or left me a message. Thanks to everyone who helped keep me going.:)

More...

It has been a fun and entertaining journey to follow Marcel to thanks for keeping the 365 going!

Totally agree! You hve let us into your life, which has been funny, sad and sometimes quite personal, I have nothing but respect for you :clap:

ant, thanks for commenting and reading :)
puprpleclouds, thanks very much (y)

Two more to go!

Indeed Marcel, you are an inspiration. I've just begun mine, but not self portraits, I could never inflict 365 of those on this place!

364.365 : Fresh out of the box...a brand new Marcel

This is it. This is me. New...spangly...brand spanking....Marcel 2.0. The revised version.

Here's the changelog :

* I procrastinate less.
* I'm a better timekeeper.
* I shout at the kids less.
* I don't let the little things stress me.
* I am NOT a slave to food anymore.
* I eat for sustenance, and enjoy it, that is all.
* I have a new list of rules to live by, (which havent made it onto my 365, I want to keep those personal).
* One of which is to be in bed by 11pm every night.
* The feature which worries about others opinions of me has been removed completely. This has led to a change in behaviour. I am more confident, I say 'No' more and look after my own interests, while still being polite and kind to others (although not longer 'to a fault').
There are many other features too. Way too many to list.
Suffice to say, this is a brand new model, and the reviews look favourable.

090101_5833

More...

looking forward to the last one marcel(y) been quite a trip for you, thanks for sharing with us, and congratulations for getting to the end

This is it. This is me. New...spangly...brand spanking....Marcel 2.0. The revised version.

Here's the changelog :

* I procrastinate less.
* I have a new list of rules to live by, (which havent made it onto my 365, I want to keep those personal).
* The feature which worries about others opinions of me has been removed completely. This has led to a change in behaviour. I am more confident, I say 'No' more and look after my own interests, while still being polite and kind to others (although not longer 'to a fault').

090101_5833

More...

We loved the old Marcel to!!! Heres to a fantastic 2009!

Huge congratulations Marcel a tremendous achievement.
Thanks Mark :)

Indeed Marcel, you are an inspiration. I've just begun mine, but not self portraits, I could never inflict 365 of those on this place!

Oooh gooo oooon. I did it! 365 of this ugly mug

extremely well done Marcel fantastic achievement
Thanks very much Dave :)

looking forward to the last one marcel been quite a trip for you, thanks for sharing with us, and congratulations for getting to the end
Oh believe me, don't look forward to the last one
And thanks for reading and commenting (y) The reader is just important as the writer :)

We loved the old Marcel to!!! Heres to a fantastic 2009!
I'm sure he's still in a box here somewhere, if you can make use for him, he's yours. I'll even pay the postage!

So mate, you carrying on with the 365's
Nope. I might do some sort of 52 weeks project, but not doing the 365 again this year :)

All the best for your last post Marcel ! ..... in this thread
Thanks very much ;)

Absolutely brilliant Marcel
Thanks Sean.

Not done yet? :D Come on!!! Gary.
I'm good, but I can't bend time :D

I was just thinking for such a great and inspiring thread is their anywhere we can put this. e.g. classic threads something like that? I don't think their is one person on the fourm who has not had something to do with this thread in some way posting, read etc.
A forum classics/gold section might be an idea actually. :)
There have been a few threads that I'd personally like to see kept in a hermetically sealed box for future reference :D

Here's the changelog :

* I procrastinate less.

090101_5833

More...

Good luck dude :), they sound reasonable. Just gotta stick with them (y). Kind of sad to see that last one today tbh :(.

Edit: To be clear. If I don't see you naked on the final day I want my money back... ;P

Last edited:
365.365 : Under pressure

Dum dum dum diddleum dum
dum dum dum diddleum dum
dink dink!
dum dum dum diddleum dum
etc...you get the picture.

Had an(other) appointment at the hospital this morning. Pre-op clinic check, see if my bloody pressure was low enough to operate.

Upshot is, it's still high, but theyre going ahead with it anyway for now. Yay! My uglyectomy is going ahead :D

Well, today is my penultimate 365. It's actually day 365 because of the leap year. So day 366 will be the final one. I've already planned what I'm going to do for it. (I actually did a similar shot yesterday, got as far as uploading it to flickr and thought "No, I'll delete that and save it for the last day").

I'll also be uploading some outtakes, and a shot of the list that I kept throughout the year, with ideas on, many of which I never ended up doing (for one reason or another).

090102_5834

More...

:clap::clap::clap:

Can we have a round of applause for Marcel please everyone?

Can't wait to see tomorrows final photo...it's been a rollercoaster! :)

Hi Marcel,

I've not been on this site long but i have read this thread all the way through and want to say you are a true inspiration with your determination for this thread!

Well Done and thanks for inspiring a newbie! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Michelle

Well Done Marcel :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Looking forward to the ultimate pic :)

Huge congrats Marcel. :clap:

Tbh, I never really thought you'd manage to keep this up, not just the photo a day itself, but because each and every shot was of you & and an insight into your life, making the project so much more difficult.
I know I could never have done this (and I have thought about it).
Good luck for 2009, I hope the new revised Marcel has a more content Marcel within :)

Well done Marcel....from the beginning to the end (ish) (one to go) this has been great.

Here's the changelog :

* I procrastinate less.
I really hope the v2.0 modifications work as advertised, Marcel. That's a very long list of improvements the designers have tried to build in. It's very easy (I speak from experience!) to try to overdo upgrades like this, and the trouble is that if one new feature doesn't function properly then it can cast doubt on the entire project. If there are 10 improvements but only 9 of them work, it's all too easy - but, of course, wrong! - to think of the upgrade as a failure.

Still ... I've been very impressed (as well as cheered, heartened, amused, entertained, etc etc) at your determination to stick with the 365 project. How many others were started a year ago and how many stayed the course? If you can bring anything like the same level of commitment to the v2.0 project then I'm sure it will be successful.

Good luck for 2009!

Back