Daily 365. My New Year's Resolution!

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I aim to do the whole photo a day thing upload a photo a day on my tumblr account for anyone who is interested. Just realised its not really appropriate for this thread as I'm not actually taking a photo a day, just very slowly uploading photos of my travelling experiences (what a cheat:eek:), but I've been to a few cool places so just want to share the photos!

gordon--so.tumblr.com

The photos will mainly be of my travels around Europe and Asia....and anything I find interesting. With the exception of photos taken from 2011, they are normally shot with a canon 1000d with a sigma 18-50 2.8, and processed with lightroom.

So yeah, take a look if you have time! (y)

Criticism and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Love that second one. What camera are you using? It's not the Hubble Space Telesope by any chance is it?

Welcome to the crazy corner (y) it's great to have you here, I'm always partial to a bit of firework photography (y) I like the second one :D something to consider is getting something else in the frame to give the fireworks some scale (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

@Tim, thanks! I'm using the canon 1000d with sigma 18-50.

@Matt. Good tip thanks. This particular one was taken in my garden pointing straight up so couldn't fit anything else in. Tried to get a few from primrose hill towards the london fireworks....but i only had a monopod with me...needless to say all those photos sucked ><!

It's amazing what you can see through the eye of a needle!
Good work on the fireworks too.

I like the abstract shots phil, keep it up.

The eye of the needle is very cool!! But, I am confused, after your introduction, - was this taken in 2008 or was that when the piece was added to the museum?

I really like the second fireworks photo as well :)

Looking forward to the next one

The eye of the needle is very cool!! But, I am confused, after your introduction, - was this taken in 2008 or was that when the piece was added to the museum?

I really like the second fireworks photo as well :)

Looking forward to the next one

This was taken in 2008. Just had a look around this thread, and realised I've sort of got the wrong idea of photo a day :thinking:. Have edited the intro to make more sense. The next few photos are in hong kong/wales/uk so it would be pretty crazy if I had gone from austria-hk-wales-eng in consecutive days><

Apologies for the confusion!

The next few photos are in hong kong/wales/uk so it would be pretty crazy if I had gone from austria-hk-wales-eng in consecutive days><

That might have been confusing! But, imagine the airmiles! :D

So i'm the first one to admit that this isn't the highest quality photo but its the setting thats personal to me so just want to share. May have warmed it up a bit too much as well.

This was taken in Pak Sha Wan, a small village in Sai Kung in Hong Kong where I was born and stayed until I was 5. This is shot on the way to a local beach which is only accessible via these boats!

Pak Sha Wan, Hong Kong. Beach times!

Last edited:
I actually really like that (y) the exposure would be impossible to nail without a little HDR so for a single exposure I think that you've struck the balance really well, have you considered a panoramic crop to take out the bottom third of frame :thinking:

Matt

I really like this... well done:clap: it's beautiful

@Mathew got idea, I normally don't like panoramics - main due to the fact I shoot them hand held so can't really get a good stich - but in this case, really saves the shot.
@Cg girl, thank you!

I think it's a great photo - lovely colour to it and nice almost misty feel.

I'd love to see it if you crop as I agree that that would really work with this shot.

Some nice shots there. I too like the symmetry of the last shot. I reckon it would make a cracking black and white, especially if you made the sky even more dramatic. Either way, I'm really liking it!

Some nice shots there. I too like the symmetry of the last shot. I reckon it would make a cracking black and white, especially if you made the sky even more dramatic. Either way, I'm really liking it!

Thanks! Here my result of procrastinating at the library!

Original

I prefer the split toned one :)

Last edited:
After first year of uni, two housemates and myself drove a fiat punto around europe. We were on a shoe string budget yet still managed to get to a few cool places, saved a bundle on camping rather than using youth hostels! Our first stop was Paris where we just wandered around and got lost for about 10 hours! Still with a compact camera at this point.

Paris!

Last edited:
Back