Daily 365. My New Year's Resolution!

Now that you've gone and put a split toned one up I can't decide between that or the B&W! Both are great though, love how dramatic they are :)

Nice shot of the Eiffel tower too, nice composition

@Matt, Yeah I it was the a choice between keeping the top in and having the picture wonky or this...for some reason I decided to shoot it off angle, cannot for the life of me remember why!
@Colin and Hayley, thanks!
@Conor, Thanks, I always found split toning very hard. Haven't found any rule of thumb yet, just a lot of time playing around with the sliders ><.

What and amazing bridge (y) I really like it, but not sure if it's would have been a bit better with a boat travelling underneath :thinking: but very impressive and the weather looks like it was wonderful (y)

Matt

It's a shame the sky look a little bit blown in another very strongly composed image (y)

I wish I had a raw to work from! :) Yeah was considering a panoramic crop, but personally not a big fan of that format. Wanted to keep the width as I found the mountain profiles on the right quite interesting but wanted to keep the sun in the centre! Thanks for the tips, keep them coming, its appreciated.

@Tim thanks

We were only in Venice for one day but what a day. Completely unplanned, it happened to be the Festa del Redentore so lots of Italians on party boats all heading to find a spot just off the grand canal to watch the 45mins of fireworks!

Boats heading to the party!

Very nice view! The B&W conversion isn't quite right for me, but can't put my finger on it. Still a nice shot though

Oh that looks wonderful (y) it looks like a scene that a couple of second exposure would have been quite effective too (y) get capture some blurred people (y)

That would have been a brilliant idea. Oh well, will have to go back there one day to do that (y)

Fab images from Venice ... its been a long time since I was there, and I want to go back now :)

Back