Daily 365. My New Year's Resolution!

Another nice and varied set of shots again! Really liking the Clifton Crescent shot. Lovely leading lines. And the Nepalese tea is fantastic too. Lovely composition. Colours on that last flower shot are really nice as well.

That is a really nice flower photo (y) the focus and DoF are spot on, the only thing that let's it down is the fact that there are a few blemishes on some of the petals it would have been nice to find a specimen that was in perfect condition (y)

Yeah, the lack of petals sort of annoyed me.
My hard disk decided to fry itself so currently I am computer-less hence no uploads...they shall come when my new hard disk arrives presuming installing of stuff goes smoothly!

Playing catch up here...

The patient taxi driver.

Shiva standing guard.

Accommodation for volunteering training.

First day of school

Reflection of our 6 week adopted home in a rural village near ilam. When I mean rural I mean an hour uphill trek to the local corner shop.

Jitpur, Ilam, Nepal. The beautiful village with the most fascinating people. They didn't have much money, but they were happy. At the end of the day, thats whats imortant right.

@Sarah, thank you!!

Ilam, Nepal. The household pets!

@Matt thank you. Volunteering and international development, things I'm passionate about!

Not sure how I've missed this thread for so long. There are some really great images here. Personal favs are those clouds on the hills and the local blacksmith portrait. Great work all round! :clap:

The local tailor.
Grandpa milking the cow in the morning, for some sweet chai!
More pets, we named them Flick and Sheila.
Didi (our adopted older sister) cooking us volunteers a luxurious dinner of eggs with a foot knife thing!

Thanks all, apologies for the lack of consistent photos, been away in Sheffield at a badminton tournament! Tried to take a few pictures there but didn't get great results, needed at least 1/200 but the problem was composition and accurate focusing...maybe a phase shift auto focus system is better for sport hmmm....

Last edited:

Ilam, Nepal. Tea Factor workers, hand picking the best tea leaves.

Ilam, Nepal. Tea factory. The most modern building for miles around.

Loving all of these. The jumping children is a stand-out great one, but I also really like the environmental portraits and that stunning scenery! (y)

Some excellent shots here again. Hard to pick out a few that I like better than others, all the people shots are especially good though! And the shots of the mountains/tea fields/paddy fields. All very interesting shots :)

Back